Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As Bad As Things Have Been, Just Be Lucky We're Not The Bills.

DM72

I've told all the Bills up here that the worst possible scenario happened to the Bills that I'm thankful didn't happen to the Skins. The Bills got hot early and overachieved and even worse, their QB Fitzpatrick played WAYYYYY over his head and now they're stuck with him.

As bad as we are, I'm looking to the future and our future is brighter than teams like the Bills despite getting our hats handed to us by them a few weeks ago.

Or the Broncos.

I like how Wilbon gave the Broncos a pass and basically praised them saying 'they're rebuilding, and doing it right', yet he thinks Shanny's going to get fired in a couple months. Idiot. The Broncos are such a mess.

The Broncos are benefiting from Good defense and usually good running game.

Elway went on record as to say that he doesn't think Tebow can be a franchise quarterback so that eliminates the possibilities.

I was actually proud of him for saying that. Nice to hear a guy tell it like it is (to him) and not give the boring "he shows promise, blah blah blah" lines. It'll either motivate Tebow to prove him wrong, or he can play the "See? I TOLD you so" card when he needs to. Good move either way.

I also agree with him, so that's nice.

Except for the whole "team may move to Toronto" thing, I'd switch places with the Bills in a HEARTBEAT.

There are very few teams in worse shape than the Skins and the Bills ain't one of them.

Next year the Skins will probably have their franchise QB. The Bills will be stuck with Fitzpatrick. And I don't believe the Bills are going anywhere. They're talking about over $100 million in revovations to Ralph Wilson Stadium.

They can actually drop him with minimal damage done if they choose to, so that's good for them.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3240/player?r=1

+1

The Bills can walk away from the Fitzpatrick contract with little to no recourse. Their FO did a great job with that one. They've had a lot of problems after that OL started falling apart (sound familiar?) but they're still a good team. They're just on the early stages of becoming a good team. Their front line is there but they haven't had a chance to build quality depth. They weren't built to withstand injuries, yet. They've been making steady improvements year after year. They're in a much better situation than we are right now.

After watching Matt Barkley destroy the Oregon defense - This is my first wish for the draft! Dude is good and very good at reading defenses and anticipating routes. Very accurate and smart. Needs to work on arm strength but thats a minor issue.
Arm strength isn't really something you can "work on". You either have it or you don't. Same goes for accuracy (usually).

I disagree. They're not just gonna "walk away from Fitzpatrick" and their secondary is horrible. They overachieved bigtime.

The point isn't that they are going to "walk away from Fitzpatrick." The point is that they've set themselves up to retain him long term, if they so choose, and move on from him, if they so choose. They aren't "stuck with him" as you put it. Right now they have options, we don't. On offense they have a QB, LT, RB, and WR. We might have a LT. I'd say our defense is better but theirs is still young and opportunistic even without a pass rush. Don't forget their NT has been on IR. They could be dangerous on that side of the ball with a decent pass rusher.

---------- Post added November-22nd-2011 at 09:10 PM ----------

Arm strength isn't really something you can "work on". You either have it or you don't. Same goes for accuracy (usually).

Arm strength can be improved upon. I hate to use him as the example for a plethora of reasons but look at Tom Brady. Weak arm heading into the draft and now he can make all the throws. Some guys just need a better training regimen and sometimes it's a matter of mechanics and using their body correctly. I wouldn't expect a drastic change but it can improve over time.

The point isn't that they are going to "walk away from Fitzpatrick." The point is that they've set themselves up to retain him long term, if they so choose, and move on from him, if they so choose. They aren't "stuck with him" as you put it. Right now they have options, we don't. On offense they have a QB, LT, RB, and WR. We might have a LT. I'd say our defense is better but theirs is still young and opportunistic even without a pass rush. Don't forget their NT has been on IR. They could be dangerous on that side of the ball with a decent pass rusher.

And you think the small market Bills can afford to eat $24 million Guaranteed? They're not parting with Fitz anytime soon.

I disagree. I was a decathlete in college and one of my weak spots was the javelin. I worked on conditioning my throwing motion through band work (giant rubber bands), weights and exercises that develop a faster musle twitch. I went from throwing the Jav between 135-150 feet to 200 feet in one year. You can develop a stronger arm. Barkley has accuracy so thats not a worry.

Archived