Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter's twitter: Kyle Orton waived.

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Just saw that. Wow. How many threads will pop up about him in the stadium tonight?

---------- Post added November-22nd-2011 at 04:02 PM ----------

Hadn't thought of that. Wouldn't a team with a worse record snatch him up first though?

Definitely possible, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up back with the Bears. Most teams with poor QB situations probably aren't looking for Orton as the long term option, so they'll keep playing young guys the final 6 games and address it after the season. Who knows though.

Nah, Cutler will be back and Hanie is pretty decent... Bringing in Orton would be foolish for the Bears and he's going to want starter playing time... Cutler doesn't play nice when other boys try to steal his toys... Maybe Seattle or Miami.... but there are plenty of teams that know how deep this draft will be

Obviously Orton will take what he can get but I'm not sure why he would want to go to the Bears. It's a new and extremely complicated offensive system so he wouldn't be starting unless Hannie gets hurt. They really didn't give him any support as a young QB even though he was winning and then shipped him out of town first chance they get. If I'm Kyle I'd pass on Chicago.

Sorry, how does he have over 5 years of service and still be subject to the waiver system? Why isn't he an unrestricted free agent?

I looked up a couple of stories, and apparently he's in his 7th season. Did something change in the new CBA?

n/m, the waiver system applies after the trade deadline, no matter how many years you've been in the league.

Just ignore me.:doh1:

Archived