Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I The Only Guy Who Hates Lipstick?

Hubbs

Yes, this is a preposterously random question. I don't care.

I hate lipstick. I don't mean that I don't like how it can splotch onto skin/clothing, I mean that I hate how it looks. It can be cartoonish at times, a normal face interrupted by a huge splotch of red that's very obviously unnatural. Honestly, it seems like we ask women to take a giant crayon and draw all over their mouths, then celebrate the result. This is not what a face looks like:

anne_hathaway_lipstick.jpg

Seriously, what the **** is that? I normally find Anne Hathaway to be very attractive, but how the **** is an enormous red Crayola across her face supposed to enhance her physical qualities? Why is this normal? Why is this not relegated to the land of clown makeup?

Yes, this is a preposterously random question. I don't care.

I hate lipstick. I don't mean that I don't like how it can splotch onto skin/clothing, I mean that I hate how it looks. It can be cartoonish at times, a normal face interrupted by a huge splotch of red that's very obviously unnatural. Honestly, it seems like we ask women to take a giant crayon and draw all over their mouths, then celebrate the result. This is not what a face looks like:

[/img]

Seriously, what the **** is that? I normally find Anne Hathaway to be very attractive, but how the **** is an enormous red Crayola across her face supposed to enhance her physical qualities? Why is this normal? Why is this not relegated to the land of clown makeup?

Hey, at least you weren't a teenager or older in the 80's, when girls had their faces plastered with makeup. You could make out with a girl back then and afterwards you would have makeup smeared all over your own face.

For a second I thought the thread said "am I the only guy who uses liptick?"

I don't care much for lipstick either or makeup a whole lot.

It seems like a lot of girls put on way too much.

It just looks very unnatural.

This.

A little lipstick goes a long way. If a woman puts on too much, she looks like a circus clown.

My lady typically wears some kind of gloss. I am not a big fan of crazy makeup unless you are going out to party or something. When she does wear lipstick it is subtle and complimentary.

Depends on the person and the setting. Sometimes it can look sexy other times they end up looking silly.

What's wrong with lipstick?

TipsforBeautifulLips.jpg

Honestly, lipstick is a tool and it's all how it is used. The pic with Anne in the OP looks cartoonish, her lips look like a clown, and the other prime examples of lip liner and eyebrows drawn with Sharpies are perfect examples of how to abuse the tools. That said, I am much more a fan of the look of lip gloss, but man it kisses like glue.

Archived