Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heartbreaker today will make April much sweeter

SkinsHokieFan

aren't you sick of constantly going 6-10,7-9,8-8 and not really getting any killer draft pics? Every year we're mediocre and I've had enough. It's okay to really suck it up for a few years if it helps build a solid team that can compete for years to come.

I would much rather compete yearly than have a playoff season once every 5 years even if that mean being a basement dweller for 2012, hell even 2013. Let's move forward.

I will be more sick of playing to lose and drafting a top QB who doesn't work out because of the many other problems this franchise has and still going 6-10 every year. Good franchises find franchise players no matter what draft position they have and they dont have to hope to lose games in order to do it

Lo

There is so much more wrong with this franchise than being able to get a top 5 pick for a QB. Look and see how many times that actually works out for teams most of the time. You can get a gem qb at 10-20 in the draft and not have to be a coward to do it, you just have to have a competent front office

A competent front office doesn't make other teams pass on top players; that makes no sense at all.

I don't understand why, in twenty years, you would rather have a worthless victory than a better chance at what we've been lacking for TWENTY years.

No guarantees on any NFL QB. And still no guarantee we don't accidentally win a game or two and drop.

Any other team and I don't care. But Dallas, screw that. Win and go 4-12.

So we stick with what we have and lose out on a real quarterback because we all get off on beating Dallas?

I mean, I do see your point, but do you see how pathetic that is for us as a fanbase?

"YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! We beat Dallas!!!!! Who cares that we're ****ing ourselves over for the future; WE BEAT DALLAS!!!!! This TOTALLY matters in the long run!!!!!"

I'm numb to the season. It was a fun game to watch, but we lost and still maintain draft position. I'm okay with that. Honestly, Dallas games don't mean a thing to me. I've grown up in a time where we haven't played a meaningful game against them and a time where they owned us for a long period. It's just another game against a divisional rival. I feel bad for the older fans where this rivalry holds meaning to them, but seriously, come April you aren't going to be saying, "Damn! I wish we won that game on November 20 so we could be 4-12".

This is not for the better. I don't give a crap if we go 2-14 for the next 20 years if we wen't 40-0 against Dallas in the same span. Anyone that claims this was good is not a fan of the Redskins because we'd never root for a loss to the pukes.

Conversely, if beating Dallas is the be all and end all to you, particularly in this year of all years with what's coming out next April; then it could well be argued your more a hater of Dallas than a fan of the Redskins.

Hail.

Let the fog clear and you'll be happy when we're pissed with a 14-2 record in a couple of years instead of being THRILLED with .500.

For sure, I am sick of 'almost' beating this team or that team. Tired of saying if we can only score 20 pts. a gain we would be 7-2 or something stupid like that. The only way to win is to suck first. I remember clearly the Colts sucking so bad over a decade ago to get P.Manning but look what that got them. Now they are going to do it again.Time to take notes.

This is not for the better. I don't give a crap if we go 2-14 for the next 20 years if we wen't 40-0 against Dallas in the same span. Anyone that claims this was good is not a fan of the Redskins because we'd never root for a loss to the pukes.

This is what's wrong with our fanbase.

Yeah, I'd love to go 2-14 while the rest of the league wins Super Bowls. That's brilliant.

Hey, I got emotionally invested in this game also when it looked like we had a chance to win it.

The sugar rush of winning today would have been fun. Cowboy fans quiet, the Redskins at 4-5, a win over those bums.

But, and you'll realize this in April, its better this way today. Getting that number 2 overall pick is the most important thing this franchise can do.

The team is playing hard, not giving up, keeps fighting. Right now the best is not good enough because of a lack of talent.

We need a high draft pick. We need a franchise changer. Winning today may have cost us that

HTTR

Maybe, but right now I am PO'd. I DVR'd it and just concluded. I wanted this win, draft be damned.

I'm just not hardwired to be happy about losing or looking toward the bright side of higher draft picks. we botch to many things in Skinsland not at all confident we will suddenly make better decisions selecting than we do on the field. I hate Cowboys fans here in the DC area with a passion they only like the Cowboys because they have this huge national following this Americas top model team crap.

this loss stings and has ruined my week.

There are two types of people here as I see it: coaching types and GM types (for lack of a better comparison). The GM type wants to see us given every advantage in terms of team-building for the future. The coach type doesn't care if we win ugly or win pretty, so long as we win.

Maybe this irritates a lot of people out there, but I see myself as a GM type -- especially now when the best we could have done is gotten a meaningless win with no long term value. Our team has been deprived of an influx of young talent for many, many years, so we're more desperate than your average (or even bad) NFL team. But with Allen we're starting to do things right and refill the coffers with youth and talent. Yes, a high draft pick doesn't mean automatic success, and no you don't need to continue to lose to maintain a talent base, but the higher the pick the more flexibility and control we have -- which is important considering it dictates our rebuilding process. After this off-season, we should finally have a good foundation for our short-term and long-term prospects -- allowing us GM types to happily migrate over to the other side. But for now I want to see well-played losses that emphasize the continued development of our non-QB talent.

Hey, I got emotionally invested in this game also when it looked like we had a chance to win it.

The sugar rush of winning today would have been fun. Cowboy fans quiet, the Redskins at 4-5, a win over those bums.

But, and you'll realize this in April, its better this way today. Getting that number 2 overall pick is the most important thing this franchise can do.

The team is playing hard, not giving up, keeps fighting. Right now the best is not good enough because of a lack of talent.

We need a high draft pick. We need a franchise changer. Winning today may have cost us that

HTTR

I agree and I was able to not get too upset about this loss because I didn't think we stood a chance coming into it, so just seeing our guys play with heart made me excited. But yes, in April this will be so much better.

I'm numb to the season. It was a fun game to watch, but we lost and still maintain draft position. I'm okay with that. Honestly, Dallas games don't mean a thing to me. I've grown up in a time where we haven't played a meaningful game against them and a time where they owned us for a long period. It's just another game against a divisional rival. I feel bad for the older fans where this rivalry holds meaning to them, but seriously, come April you aren't going to be saying, "Damn! I wish we won that game on November 20 so we could be 4-12".

December 2005, that's all I'll say on that.

Anyway, we better lose out and go 3-13. Going to be funny if we stumble into 6-10 or 5-11.

Of course this loss stings. I do question the fanhood of any fan who doesn't immediately get that feeling when losing to Dallas.

However, this sets us up to lower our chances of feeling that sting in the long run.

it doesnt really sting for me and im die hard. im just not dumb enough to think this team can beat anyone else with our current roster. losing is just the norm at this point. something that stings is an unexpected loss or a loss when you have real expectations.

the cowboys losing todays game would have stung their fans. theyd have lost to a **** team that cant score any points. us losing is just called "sunday".

December 2005, that's all I'll say on that.

Anyway, we better lose out and go 3-13. Going to be funny if we stumble into 6-10 or 5-11.

As opposed to 7-9 or 6-10.

Better is better.

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 05:15 PM ----------

it doesnt really sting for me and im die hard. im just not dumb enough to think this team can beat anyone else with our current roster. losing is just the norm at this point. something that stings is an unexpected loss or a loss when you have real expectations.

the cowboys losing todays game would have stung their fans. theyd have lost to a **** team that cant score any points. us losing is just called "sunday".

I don't know about all that. Nobody wants to lose to the Cowboys. I was just pulling for a better draft position.

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 05:16 PM ----------

Yeah I won't go that far. Winning is more important than beating Dallas. But I wanted to win today and go 4-12.

And if there's even a remote chance that it costs us our quarterback of the future, do you still want it?

This migh be the sadest thing I have ever read on ES. Sounds like you are more of a hater of Dallas than a fan of the Redskins.

I can't believe I'm getting on the Suck for Luck, Mail it in for Matt bandwagon, but I admit that that is where my heart is right now for better or for worse. When we lined up for the 52 yarder I said to myself "don't worry, he'll miss and this game won't hurt our draft position." It's sad because that line of thought is typical of a loser franchise, and shouldn't be typical of my Redskins. Sigh...

I don't give a crap if we go 2-14 for the next 20 years if we wen't 40-0 against Dallas in the same span.

You think the rivalry is more important than winning anything else. I think that's pathetic. If I was making a deal with a genie, and he told me that the best he could do would be to arrange it so that losing to the Cowboy's every single time we play them would magically give us even a 20% chance to play in the SB every year, while being an annual playoff contender...I'd take that deal.

Archived