Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES HC/FO Discussion--Redskins vs Cowboys

Jumbo

Sorry everyone, we have a MIA thread-starter and this one's late. So given we are at least playing against Dallas in a manner resembling an NFL team (minus Gano's just-missed FG), do half of ya still want Shanny's head or think Dan will Can the Man? Or the Bruce really has a screw loose? Or are ye still winning to allow another season even if it sucks again. Give us the gory details (within the rules). :ols:

That TO at the end was Andy Reid-esque.

Not smart.

Did it cost us the game though? No.

I'm having a hard time remembering who called what timeouts because the refs messed it up several times... but if I'm on the right page here, it looked like the defense was a bit disorganized prior to the timeout being called. It made sense to me at the time.

I'm having a hard time remembering who called what timeouts because the refs messed it up several times... but if I'm on the right page here, it looked like the defense was a bit disorganized prior to the timeout being called. It made sense to me at the time.

I think that he meant on the field goal to ice Bailey.

I like how we played. The D isn't quite as good as it looked in September, but it is much better than 2010. The O looks good when our talent level doesn't get in the way, which bodes well for the long term. If Grossman can move the team up and down the field against this D with Gaffney and Stallworth, I'm excited about a top-ranked QB running this offense.

Lastly, this team just came out and outplayed the Cowboys despite missing several key players, being mired in a five-game losing streak, and having several key plays/calls go against it. That tells me that this core group has not given up on this staff and that's important.

Firing Mike S. would be a gigantic stupid move by Snyder.

We do need a personnel man that can challenge Mike S., when he says he stakes his rep on these QBs.

The INT that Grossman threw should fall on the shoulders of Kyle Shanahan not Grossman. The offensive playcalling was suspect at best. Kyle called another subpar game that ended up costing us the game.

:helmet:

We do need a personnel man that can challenge Mike S., when he says he stakes his rep on these QBs.

The INT that Grossman threw should fall on the shoulders of Kyle Shanahan not Grossman. The offensive playcalling was suspect at best. Kyle called another subpar game that ended up costing us the game.

I thought the offensive play calling was fine.

:wtf:

This was probably Kyl'e best game of the season from a play call perspective.

We moved the ball, kept them off balance and put up points. Came inches from scoring a few more points

Did you even watch the game?

I thought the offensive play calling was fine.

Including that pick? As a fan and knowing Grossman's limitations why make him throw the ball deep? Why call a deep pass to Anthony Armstrong when he hasn't caught anything all year? Why continually feed Torain the ball when he makes the wrong cut over and over again? Why wasn't Helu featured more?

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 07:04 PM ----------

Walk me through this. How was the INT Kyle's fault? Because he called a play that had a deep WR route?

That and because he doesn't seem to know the limitations of this QB. Rex is a turnover machine so why in the world would you call a play with Armstrong as the lone receiver going deep?

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 07:05 PM ----------

:wtf:

This was probably Kyl'e best game of the season from a play call perspective.

We moved the ball, kept them off balance and put up points. Came inches from scoring a few more points

Did you even watch the game?

If this was his best play calling game, then we are in some real trouble. Inches don't mean a thing if they don't add up.

Proved that we can play with the big boys and we weren't stupid enough to ruin draft position. I'm happy.

This team could always "play with the big boys". In 2009, Zorn had the team at a dismal 4-12, but they managed to take the eventual Super Bowl champion Saints into OT. Last year, this team BEAT the Super-Bowl champion Packers. Even the 2003 Spurrier-led 'skins BEAT the Patriots, eventual Super Bowl Champs that year, but otherwise finished 5-11. This team could always play well for a few games a year (which is why they've never threatened to go 0-16), but they can't play that way consistently, either within a season, or season to season. Yesterday was just same ol' Skins - just good enough to get your hopes up, and then just bad enough to crush them.

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 07:15 AM ----------

Anyone wanting Shanny's head is not rational to begin with. This team IS heading in the right direction, and when all the pieces are in place, we will be competitive every season for years to come.

I'm sure Browns fans are telling themselves the same thing, as were Redskins fans for the past 10+ years. But repeating something a million times still doesn't make it true. I don't see a team headed in the right direction - I see a team without a QB and heading for a third straight season of 10+ losses. That, and a coach who saved the other team's kicker from having to kick a FG from 5 yards further back.

Archived