Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OFFICIAL ES WR Discussion Thread: MIA: Brother where art thou?

SWFLSkins

Okay Redskins Fans this is the thread to discuss all things WR for this game against the Cowboys. It seems MIA is a proper thread title.

i-1.jpg

Please stay on topic and be nice to one another we're all we got. :ols:

No Moss, No Hank and no clear number one. After starting out with two end-arounds, a couple Gaffney drops, a Davis fumble, Gaffney scores a TD through the air. You can't blame the offensive woes on Grossman. Drops are showing the lack of talent in this group. 2 yards passing in the first quarter.

David Anderson had the best catch of the first half with a 22yd reception and that was the first first down of the second half. Gaffney scores a TD with 14 seconds to put the Skins in the lead.

Stallworth needs to move on and they need to check the wire for other David Anderson types. All in all the story for this thread is the lack of any player resembling an actual NFL wide receiver.

You know that saying about quarterbacks, if you have two starters on your roster, you really have none? I think we can expand it to cover wide receivers, with a caveat for Santana. If you have eight receivers on your roster, you really have one.

You know that saying about quarterbacks, if you have two starters on your roster, you really have none? I think we can expand it to cover wide receivers, with a caveat for Santana. If you have eight receivers on your roster, you really have one.

So true Hubbs, but I would like to see what Hank and Paul have next year. Do we already have that big guy we need. btw, Gaffney is a good number three.

So true Hubbs, but I would like to see what Hank and Paul have next year. Do we already have that big guy we need. btw, Gaffney is a good number three.

Oh sure, I wasn't trying to say that we don't have some guys with potential. I was just talking about out current circumstances.

That's Hankerson's ball if he's healthy. AA might be gone next year sadly.

I really hope that doesn't happen. Armstrong's lack of production this year is directly related to our quarterbacking, IMO. Deep strikes are the hardest throws to hit, and there's no reason to think that AA suddenly went from great deep threat to completely useless. Crappy QB play is holding him back.

Still think TA will be gone before AA. I still have patience with AA.
I really hope that doesn't happen. Armstrong's lack of production this year is directly related to our quarterbacking, IMO. Deep strikes are the hardest throws to hit, and there's no reason to think that AA suddenly went from great deep threat to completely useless. Crappy QB play is holding him back.

I agree the guy can catch, he just can't be a number one all alone

With all due respect, what in the world are you seeing? Armstrong's been dropping balls left and right all year, passes that have been hitting him in the hands. He had another few today. I rewatched the Giants game yesterday to get a sense of how we played with this roster at our peak this year, and I forgot just how bad Armstrong played in that game too, a number of key drops.

That Stallworth was cut and re-signed and is STILL higher than him on the depth chart I think speak volumes. With such a weak receiving corps this year, Armstrong has had a great opportunity to distance himself from the pack, to show he belongs, to make some plays -- any plays. He hasn't. He hasn't had many opportunities, but most of those that he's gotten, he's ****ed up.

Hankerson, Moss, Gaffney, and Paul look like certainties to be on the team next year. We'll probably draft a receiver and we'll probably sign one in free agency.

The writing's on the wall, and today could spell the end for Armstrong as a Redskin.

Haney looked comfortable with Rex, Stallworth had his best game and ran some nice routes. AA seems to be a one trick pony, deep balls only and may have problems running accurate routes. Some improvement though. Who was that smaller white kid who caught a deep ball?

David Anderson. One of Kyle's former players from Houston we picked up a week or two ago.

David Anderson. One of Kyle's former players from Houston we picked up a week or two ago.

I know he's familiar with the system, but I can't believe he passed Austin on the depth chart in just a few days. That either says a lot about Anderson or tells you that Austin may still not be ready to contribute. I had high hopes for him coming out of preseason.

I know he's familiar with the system, but I can't believe he passed Austin on the depth chart in just a few days. That either says a lot about Anderson or tells you that Austin may still not be ready to contribute. I had high hopes for him coming out of preseason.

Austin has looked terrible in the game action he's received. It's quite disappointing.

Archived