Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Smith and John Jansen

RTerps2002

Something Fassel did that changed the Giants season a couple of years ago was to simplify the play calling.

I'm sure with all the audibling thats going on, the linemen are just trying to remember which way to block let alone remember the snap count

Strahan did get to Ramsey a couple of times as he threw the ball but it wasn't Jansen that was blocking him. Strahan would run a stunt and I even saw him line up at DT a couple of times. Strahan couldn't do much against Jansen. But Moose did point out that Strahan was just trying a bull rush all day against Jansen which didn't make sense. He didn't try to use a speed move or anything other than a bull rush. He played right into Jansen's strength. I was confused. They also took him out several times.

Now, not to make excuses but his injured toe was stepped on in practice on Thursday. I wonder if he reinjured it? Good thing for the bye week.

Laurent and Tom GF--my mistake. I should really watch the games before commenting on them. :) I was listening to the radio broadcast in the second quarter, and Sam & Sonny were talking about Strahan's stuffing the run and "disrupting everything." Good to know Jansen was effective. When he started out, he consistently dominated Strahan, but in the past couple of contests, Strahan has gotten the better of him. It's always an interesting matchup and fun to watch. Wish I could! :(

Originally posted by redman

Bruce has always tried to anticipate the snap count. Sometimes, he looks brilliant with great jumps towards the QB; other times he looks like a dolt. We got the dolt version tonight in overtime.

Redman, what's a doit?

Care to define? May I use that term on employers?

Frankly I thought the 'neutral zone' infraction on Bruce Smith was very touchy. Petitgout moved, and they claimed Smith jumped and made him move, which is now a foul... I didn't see Bruce jump.

Jansen had a decent day vs Strahan, but his numerous false starts were totally inexcusable.

~Bang

Archived