Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

‘South Park’ For Three More Seasons Through 2016

steveo21

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/comedy-central-renews-south-park-for-three-more-seasons/

Cable’s longest-running animated series South Park is headed for the 20-season mark. Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of the no-holds-barred animated comedy, have closed a new deal with Comedy Central for three more seasons of South Park. The pact will keep the series on through 2016, extending its run to 20 seasons. Parker and Stone will continue to write, direct and edit every episode of South Park, as they have since the series’ premiere in 1997. “The collective genius of Matt and Trey knows no bounds,” Comedy Central’s president Michele Ganeless said. “Week after week and season after season they continue to surprise and delight South Park fans, and that includes all of us here at Comedy Central. We’re thrilled that the adventures of Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman will continue through 2016.”

Good lord. I know South Park is popular, but I didn't know it was this popular.

I pray it doesn't go the same route as the Simpsons. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are great satirists and if their day-to-day presence leaves the show, it will probably take a nose dive. Same thing happened with the Simpsons when Matt Groening started working on Futurama.

Good lord. I know South Park is popular, but I didn't know it was this popular.

I pray it doesn't go the same route as the Simpsons. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are great satirists and if their day-to-day presence leaves the show, it will probably take a nose dive. Same thing happened with the Simpsons when Matt Groening started working on Futurama.

With such quick turn around time they always have new content to make fun of

I think it's pretty amusing (and quite fitting) that until about 2 months ago people actually thought this was the end. That the mid-season cliffhanger was a signal that they were done. Now they're on for 3 more years.

Yeah yeah, call me dumb. I definitely feel dumb right now. But I'll forever maintain that having Stan see the entire world as a bunch of crap would have been an incredibly fitting way to end the show, and I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to that when the end does come.

South Park I used to watch but not anymore. Since a lot of things that kind of is offensive. Plus I was in my wild and kind of crazy days. I will leave it at that!

I wish my "wild and crazy days" was just watching South Park, lol. Geez.

I remember growing up, there was always a kid or two whose parents wouldn't let them watch the Simpsons. I can't imagine if South Park existed back then.

Yeah yeah, call me dumb. I definitely feel dumb right now. But I'll forever maintain that having Stan see the entire world as a bunch of crap would have been an incredibly fitting way to end the show, and I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to that when the end does come.

Don't worry dude, I'm not mocking you. I thought the same damn thing myself. When that show aired I actually turned to my wife and said "....I think that's it. I think they just ended the show on us. That sucks." She had the same feeling because she thought the previous episodes had tried to bring everything full-circle in a neat, concluding type way.

Those ingenious ****s.

Archived