Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Holy ****, Ted Leonsis reads (or read) my blog.

kevinklein

Something very exciting happened to me 2 days ago. I posted it over in the Caps thread, but still so giddy and excited about it am I, that I've created its own thread. I hope you'll allow me this quick moment of vanity, but how ****ing cool is this?

http://www.tedstake.com/2011/11/11/one-month-gone-for-caps/

That's Ted Leonsis's personal blog, which he updates daily. The link in the first line, before which he delivers a compliment, goes to a post I drafted in my New Orleans hotel room after a day of steady drinking. The other day I got a message on the back end of my site, stating "You're blog has been linked by Ted."

Ted, I think. No, couldn't be. A click later, and HOLY ****! My girlfriend knows, my bartender knows, the guy trying to make money on Bourbon Street knows that Ted Leonsis has just linked my blog.

Is this not why he is such an adored owner? Well, besides the fact that his team is successful. He actually takes the time to read blogs about his team, and to interact with that community.

I apologize if this comes off as self-serving, because I have absolutely no intention for it to be. But in my short tenure of hobbyist writing, this is most likely the most exciting thing that has occurred. Ted is a Washingtonian giant, a man who interacts with many of my idols on a day to day basis. And he read my words, and he liked them.

Wow.

i don't know anything about hockey or much about that owner, but if you're happy about it then congrats man that's pretty cool.

Ted Leonsis really revolutionized the relationship a sports owner has with the fans. As a former AOL executive, he used the Internet to really bring together a new age where tons of information is available at your finger tips, he answers all of his emails, and he gave bloggers access that previously had only been available to the Press.

Ted Leonsis really revolutionized the relationship a sports owner has with the fans. As a former AOL executive, he used the Internet to really bring together a new age where tons of information is available at your finger tips, he answers all of his emails, and he gave bloggers access that previously had only been available to the Press.
Yeah, I've emailed him a few times, and he ALWAYS responds :applause:

Just curious, what's your connection to DC?

Born and lived in McLean and outlying areas for my first ten years, both sides of my family still live in the Maryland, VA, DC area. Was taught to love the Redskins by my uncle when I was about 5 then at 10 I became a member of the Redskins diaspora. Always watching out of market, snagging whatever hats etc I can get, and always a love for the Redskins and DC, but not an avid follower of all DC sports teams. We like the Nats, but don't know them that well, we like the Wizards but more because John Wall (former UK Wildcat) is on the team....and hockey....what's hockey?

Born and lived in McLean and outlying areas for my first ten years, both sides of my family still live in the Maryland, VA, DC area. Was taught to love the Redskins by my uncle when I was about 5 then at 10 I became a member of the Redskins diaspora. Always watching out of market, snagging whatever hats etc I can get, and always a love for the Redskins and DC, but not an avid follower of all DC sports teams. We like the Nats, but don't know them that well, we like the Wizards but more because John Wall (former UK Wildcat) is on the team....and hockey....what's hockey?

It's the sport that's ten million times better and more exciting than any other pro sport but football. One where they actually care and play hard night in and night out and aren't such spoiled primadonnas that it makes it almost impossible to enjoy watching the sport (ie baseball and basketball).

details?

He gave me some inside info on a John Wall injury--just really absurd situation--so I mentioned something about t on here and wizardsextreme and I proceeded to get an email saying if I don't kill it he won't talk to me anymore, lol. Its actually pretty funny looking back on it. Tedd Leonsis almost e-broke up with me.

The most fast-paced and physical of all the Big 4 pro sports? Also has the most diehard fans along with the NFL. You should start paying more attention to the Nationals - they will be in the Series race sooner than you think.

:ols:

So funny reading how adored Ted is over on this board.

It's the exact opposite on some other boards that I read. He's great at communicating and seems to go about running his operations the "right" way.

However, he's also known for having punched a fan and being incredibly sensitive/snarky to criticism - even revoking season tickets of people being to critical of him and/or the team.

He's definitely the best owner in the city - although that's not exactly saying too much.

Archived