Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: Vick played with two broken ribs against the Cardinals

ACW

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/11/14/michael.vick.ap/index.html#ixzz1djFz6lle

Vick broke his two lower ribs on the second play of the Eagles' 21-17 loss to Arizona on Sunday. He didn't tell anyone that he was hurt and played through the pain.

"He didn't say anything, not a word. He's a tough nut," coach Andy Reid said Monday. "He said he really just blanked it out and played is kind of what he said, and really didn't think twice about it."

Just saw on Monday Night Countdown that he didn't wear his flak jacket. "Tough nut" seems accurate :ols:

Wow, it appears that the Eagles have completely dove into the Cowboys Processing machine.

Over spending during the offseason. Check.

Put as many big names on the field as possible, whether they fit the scheme or not. Check.

Get as many distractions, felons, and thugs as possible to fit in the 53 man roster. Check.

Make excuses for your quarterback after bad play and media and fans start to come down on him. Check.

Wow, it appears that the Eagles have completely dove into the Cowboys Processing machine.

Over spending during the offseason. Check.

Put as many big names on the field as possible, whether they fit the scheme or not. Check.

Get as many distractions, felons, and thugs as possible to fit in the 53 man roster. Check.

Make excuses for your quarterback after bad play and media and fans start to come down on him. Check.

When does Dallas over spend in the off season?? That's one thing we DON'T do. Abram Elam? Gerald Sensabaugh? Laurent Robinson? Tony Fiametta?

I don't know how much longer Vick has in the league. Dude takes way to many hits.

The Eagles were dumb to give him a $100 million contract.

I agree. Vick can be effective in the pocket, however how effective can Vick be when he can ONLY stay in the pocket? Romo sits to pee could barely breathe or move when he broke his ribs ... I don't see Vick scrambling around if this is true.

If Vince Young starts, looks like Dallas will have to wait another week to be tied for first :D

So is ESPN going to break his entire play down sunday all week and mention how he played with broken ribs every two seconds? Talk about how gutsy he is and heroic for wanting to take the field for his team. I mean it should only be fair and balance at ESPN because they did it for Romo sits to pee.. Oh wait...

Archived