Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4.5 sacks from Andre Carter last night!?

Drkstar

no, I want mike shanahan to perform like a potential HOF HC and a more then competent GM

that is what he is paid to do

and he has not even been close to doing so and every player personnel decision needs to be scrutinized because he has earned no margin for error in DC

But you were using Rogers play as evidence that Shanahan hasn't improved anything. If the Skins were stifling players' productivity and Shanahan was letting productive players go elsewhere you'd see it by comparing the list of players who have gone on to become more productive elsewhere. To Shanahan's credit that list is very small, and arguably limited to only Rogers.

The Redskins have a lot of good, young talent that should help form the core for the team for years to come. Rogers play this season doesn't negate that.

But you were using Rogers play as evidence that Shanahan hasn't improved anything. If the Skins were stifling players' productivity and Shanahan was letting productive players go elsewhere you'd see it by comparing the list of players who have gone on to become more productive elsewhere. To Shanahan's credit that list is very small, and arguably limited to only Rogers.

The Redskins have a lot of good, young talent that should help form the core for the team for years to come. Rogers play this season doesn't negate that.

Well, isn't a contract year for Rogers? Thought so.

Whatever CHUMP..........there is absolutely no way in hell the Skins are looking like a team that can hold Dallas to nothing bu FG's.....no matter what happened in that first game, with Romo sits to pee playing on bad ribs.

These twpo teams are headed in two completely different directions, period. and enjoy getting the 5th or 6th pick in the draft....hahahahahahaha. cant even suck enough to get the one and only "sure thing" at QB this year......

So CHUMP...........enjoy the game, and look at it this way, Skins win, its your Superbowl and you can be happy.....they ,lose, that puts them a little bit closer to Luck..........Skins fans cant lose.............the team, ha, that's a different story, all they do is lose!

Look, the contrarian Cowboys' fan from MD making an ass of himself. You even been to Texas? Oohh, beat the Seahawks and the Bills and Spanky here has a hard on.

5-4 is so awesome!

Bellichick understands how to get the most out of Carter and tried to do the same thing with Fat Al. Shanahan and his top two Defensive Coaches (Haslett and Spanos) want all the Defensive players to turn into Pittsburgh Steelers clones so they don't get anything out of anybody that doesn't fit that mold. It's why Spanos dumb ass continues to wear yellow shirts even though all the other coaches wear either Burgundy or White. If he wanted to keep being a Steeler he should have stayed in Pittsburgh.

Look, the contrarian Cowboys' fan from MD making an ass of himself. You even been to Texas? Oohh, beat the Seahawks and the Bills and Spanky here has a hard on.

5-4 is so awesome!

hahahaha. Every single year CHUMP...prolly been to more Dallas games live then you have skins games, but whatever floats your straw boat chump, have at it..........and its just a game, dont be so mad over 3-6........Hell, you have to be used to this suck by now!!!!!!

hahahaha. Every single year CHUMP...prolly been to more Dallas games live then you have skins games, but whatever floats your straw boat chump, have at it..........and its just a game, dont be so mad over 3-6........Hell, you have to be used to this suck by now!!!!!!

What have the cowboys done in over a decade to justify this false bravado?

The nerve of this loser.

To come onto a Skins board and pretend the Cowboys are special, and not expect to get called out on it...well, makes you "special". Remember RGSB, "never go full retard".

What have the cowboys done in over a decade to justify this false bravado?

The nerve of this loser.

To come onto a Skins board and pretend the Cowboys are special, and not expect to get called out on it...well, makes you "special". Remember RGSB, "never go full retard".

wow........the insults are in fll form .........hey man, its all good, there isnt a damn thing special about a 5-4 team still not in the playoff hunt, i never implied they were.....juts stated a fact about them in comparison to the skins, there isnt a comparison really, and you know that. But being better then the skins gets you nothing, only puts you in the company of about 30 other teams in the NFL......

Bellichick understands how to get the most out of Carter and tried to do the same thing with Fat Al. Shanahan and his top two Defensive Coaches (Haslett and Spanos) want all the Defensive players to turn into Pittsburgh Steelers clones so they don't get anything out of anybody that doesn't fit that mold. It's why Spanos dumb ass continues to wear yellow shirts even though all the other coaches wear either Burgundy or White. If he wanted to keep being a Steeler he should have stayed in Pittsburgh.

Probably a "gold" shirt. You know Burgundy and Gold? I've noticed that some coaches on all teams wear either a different color shirt or hat so the players can tell which coach is which when looking for signals and such.

Just because a player succeeds elsewhere doesn't mean the team who released him necessarily made a mistake. The Patriots and Redskins run very different defensive schemes, and the Patriots scheme just fits Carters skill set better. Washinton got rid of Carter, and in turn drafted Kerrigan, who is having an excellent rookie season. If Washington keeps Carter, an argument can be made that they go elsewhere in the 1st round of the draft and don't pick Kerrigan. So when you look at it from that perspective, I'd say Washington won this one.

Just my 2 cents.

Probably a "gold" shirt. You know Burgundy and Gold? I've noticed that some coaches on all teams wear either a different color shirt or hat so the players can tell which coach is which when looking for signals and such.

I can consider his reason for wearing that bright shirt might be to get players attention like the guys who work the flight decks on aircraft carriers so you may have a point on that. I don't buy that he wears that shirt because Gold is one of our colors. I've never seen any Redskins coaches wear all Gold shirts but I definitely see Steelers coaches wear them.

9 for the for season as well

mike shanahan sure knows when to fold em

Yep, he does.

Notice Andre Carter is playing in a 4-3 isn't he? So Defensive End? Not outside linebacker you say in a 3-4?

Andre Carter still had a few good years left in him when he left us. Looking at his two previous years should've told you that. His issue however was being in a 3-4 defense, and it was decided by Shanahan and company that for the long term growth of this team a 3-4 would be better than a 4-3 even if our parts at that point were better made for a 4-3.

You can ding Shanahan for going to a 3-4 if you want, but history here and in San Francisco says that Andre Carter doesn't have this type of productivity in a 3-4, because he's a prototypical 4-3 rush end.

---------- Post added November-14th-2011 at 04:31 PM ----------

carlos rodgers and andre carter are producing elsewhere while josh wilson and stephen bowen are stiffs

Carlos Rodgers was a mental issue, and keeping him wasn't going to change that.

He couldn't catch a cold here in DC, and that's not just under Shanny. Couldn't do it under Zorn. Couldn't do it under Gibbs. He just couldn't catch.

Change of scenery and suddenly he has 5 INTS.

Sports can be a mental thing. Carlos had the Yips here with regards to catching and it made him an above average, not good, corner for us. He's a good corner now for San francisco because he's got out of his head and suddenly his hands are working again. There was little to nothing Shanahan was likely going to do to change that. He's the prime example of someone just seriously needing new scenery. There's no reason at all to think, based on past history, that if he resigned here intead of in San Fran that he wouldn't have been old stone hands we all knew

---------- Post added November-14th-2011 at 04:32 PM ----------

would you rather have josh wilson for 3 years and 13.5 million, with 6 million guaranteed or carlos rodgers for one year at 4 million?

You may as well ask if we would've been happier to have a unicorn that craps gold.

San Fran got Carlos at 4 million for one year because he wanted a change of scenery and a new location. He wouldn't have signed that deal to stay in Washington, so your hypothetical is moot.

Welcome to ES. Where one day we say we need to go through growing pains, but then complain when we actually suffer them.

ES does not speak in one voice so stop impressing yourself in your wankings of members who disagree with you football philosophies

bottom line is shanahan is failing in the W-L dept and the jury is way out on his talent evaluation or process to improve upon the wins and losses

I am going to scrutinize every move he makes and does not make until he has earned some trust from the fanbase

some of you will do what you always seem to, fall in line with the concept that the redskins franchise has earned your patience and trust

ES does not speak in one voice so stop impressing yourself in your wankings of members who disagree with you football philosophies

bottom line is shanahan is failing in the W-L dept and the jury is way out on his talent evaluation or process to improve upon the wins and losses

I am going to scrutinize every move he makes and does not make until he has earned some trust from the fanbase

some of you will do what you always seem to, fall in line with the concept that the redskins franchise has earned your patience and trust

And you're the one bright shining light of sanity in this otherwise dark message board, huh?

The fact of the matter is for the most part, the same people calling for "it takes time to rebuild" are the people complaining we're not winning enough now. You can't have it both ways. Not every team wins 9 games in the midst of a rebuild. Very few do, actually. Real rebuilds are like the Lions, Buccaneers, etc. Lots of time and lots of losing seasons. Just because we're not winning immediately doesn't mean Shanny's failing. He was given a cluster**** of a team when he signed on, and he's slowly turning it into a competitor. Last year, he focused on the defense. It has worked. The defense is leaps and bounds better than last year. This year, it will be the offense. The jury is out only to those who willingly turn a blind eye to all the successes he's had in his short time here:

Jenkins, Hankerson, Cofield, Bowen, Kerrigan, Williams, Riley, Hightower, Helu, Atogwe.

Dumping Haynesworth and Rogers.

Admitting the mistake of McNabb and cutting ties.

Not going for the splash in free agency.

Pretty much the only thing he hasn't addressed is the QB situation. He thought McNabb would actually be a professional and put the work in to learn the system. He was wrong. No QB in the draft was better than who else was available at the time. Sure, you can say "Ponder and Dalton" but Kerrigan and Jenkins were better picks, given our needs. Shanahan also probably figured that the QBs this year in the draft are better than those available last year. No harm in that line of thinking.

What makes you "scrutinizing every move he makes" any better than me saying his moves have been for the greater long-term good of the organization?

You seem to think that because you're "objective" and "unique" in your "holding off praise until he earns trust from the fanbase" (which in and of itself is a laughable concept) that your opinion is better than everyone else's.

And you're the one bright shining light of sanity in this otherwise dark message board, huh?

The fact of the matter is for the most part, the same people calling for "it takes time to rebuild" are the people complaining we're not winning enough now. You can't have it both ways. Not every team wins 9 games in the midst of a rebuild. Very few do, actually. Real rebuilds are like the Lions, Buccaneers, etc. Lots of time and lots of losing seasons. Just because we're not winning immediately doesn't mean Shanny's failing. He was given a cluster**** of a team when he signed on, and he's slowly turning it into a competitor. Last year, he focused on the defense. It has worked. The defense is leaps and bounds better than last year. This year, it will be the offense. The jury is out only to those who willingly turn a blind eye to all the successes he's had in his short time here:

Jenkins, Hankerson, Cofield, Bowen, Kerrigan, Williams, Riley, Hightower, Helu, Atogwe.

Dumping Haynesworth and Rogers.

Admitting the mistake of McNabb and cutting ties.

Not going for the splash in free agency.

Pretty much the only thing he hasn't addressed is the QB situation. He thought McNabb would actually be a professional and put the work in to learn the system. He was wrong. No QB in the draft was better than who else was available at the time. Sure, you can say "Ponder and Dalton" but Kerrigan and Jenkins were better picks, given our needs. Shanahan also probably figured that the QBs this year in the draft are better than those available last year. No harm in that line of thinking.

What makes you "scrutinizing every move he makes" any better than me saying his moves have been for the greater long-term good of the organization?

You seem to think that because you're "objective" and "unique" in your "holding off praise until he earns trust from the fanbase" (which in and of itself is a laughable concept) that your opinion is better than everyone else's.

not at all bro.

in fact, I want you to be right because your position certainly has the potential outcome for a success that I fail to see at any point with mike shanahan

I said nothing of being objective or unique.. those are your words, not mine

I don't know why this is such a huge surprise. Andre Carter was a stud for us in the 4-3. He wasn't a 4.5 sack guy, but he was good. He just happened to have a great game when his team needed it the most.

Do I miss him? Yep, because he was a great player and a great guy. Do I regret letting him go, and am now wanting to fire Shanahan for letting him go? Absolutely not.

Archived