Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4.5 sacks from Andre Carter last night!?

Drkstar

it really speaks to not playing a scheme fit for your talent versus if Andre fit the 34 scheme

the redskins cant afford to let play makers walk on either side of the ball

carlos rodgers and andre carter are producing elsewhere while josh wilson and stephen bowen are stiffs

it really speaks to not playing a scheme fit for your talent versus if Andre fit the 34 scheme

the redskins cant afford to let play makers walk on either side of the ball

carlos rodgers and andre carter are producing elsewhere while josh wilson and stephen bowen are stiffs

Once the decision is made to switch, then it has to be stuck to due to various personnel issues. The problem was going to the 3-4 to begin with. But, if you make that switch, it means getting rid of players that may be good but just don't fit. This was the case.

Stephen Bowen is playing quite well. You cimply CANNOT compare a 4-3 end statistically to a 3-4 end. They don't have the same job. In fact, its a much different job.

Doesn't New England still play 3-4? I mean, I'm sure I saw two of those sacks with a 30 defensive line front.

They also play the 4-3.

Carter had at least one in the 4-3 set with Wilfork playing the 1-tech.

It's a hybrid D. And there are different variations of the 3-4.

And that gets me into Haslett as a coordinator... Don't get me started on Haslett. :ols:

Stephen Bowen is a stiff? He has been playing very well to my eyes - but 3-4 lineman dont always show up on the stats sheet. Wilson is not the next coming of Darrell Green but he has been solid as well and I dont recall the threads complaining when we let Carlos Rogers walk either .....

of course I would rather have kerrigan

the point of this exercise for me is that shanahan misdiagnosed the talent when he came on board, he compounded that poor diagnosis by switching to a defense which is poorly suited for the personnel and continued to compound his mistakes by over paying guys like bowen, colfield and wilson.

would you rather have josh wilson for 3 years and 13.5 million, with 6 million guaranteed or carlos rodgers for one year at 4 million?

wilson,bowen and colfield are just "guys". they are not difference makers and in one instance (colfield), the player is obviously not suited for his position switch and is a miss once again by shanahan at the most important position in the 34... NT

and apparently Carter and Rodgers are difference makers for their respective clubs

teams that are made better apparently by the production of the two

It's a hybrid D. And there are different variations of the 3-4.

And that gets me into Haslett as a coordinator... Don't get me started on Haslett. :ols:

Well, in a way, don't lots of teams, when they go to nickel, play a four man front (not always, I get that but at least sometimes.)

And yes, Haslett. lol I still think this team could have stuck with a 4-3 but that's just my humble opinion.

Andre cater is benefiting from NOT being a skin, period

ATN would benefit if you refrained from posting, period.

Skins beatin' Dallas this week chump, which will more than likely end Dallas' season. Field goal kicker ain't going 6 for 6 this time and I'm pretty sure offsides is going to be called this game.

Well, in a way, don't lots of teams, when they go to nickel, play a four man front (not always, I get that but at least sometimes.)

And yes, Haslett. lol I still think this team could have stuck with a 4-3 but that's just my humble opinion.

correct. they in fact do......most nickle situations are 4 man fronts........and most teams in the NFL play a hybrid type of def that utilizes both a 4 man and 3 man DL, but it all boils down to a 7 man front no matter how you look at it.

---------- Post added November-14th-2011 at 10:24 AM ----------

ATN would benefit if you refrained from posting, period.

Skins beatin' Dallas this week chump, which will more than likely end Dallas' season. Field goal kicker ain't going 6 for 6 this time and I'm pretty sure offsides is going to be called this game.

Whatever CHUMP..........there is absolutely no way in hell the Skins are looking like a team that can hold Dallas to nothing bu FG's.....no matter what happened in that first game, with Romo sits to pee playing on bad ribs.

These twpo teams are headed in two completely different directions, period. and enjoy getting the 5th or 6th pick in the draft....hahahahahahaha. cant even suck enough to get the one and only "sure thing" at QB this year......

So CHUMP...........enjoy the game, and look at it this way, Skins win, its your Superbowl and you can be happy.....they ,lose, that puts them a little bit closer to Luck..........Skins fans cant lose.............the team, ha, that's a different story, all they do is lose!

pretty annoying.. add in the fact that we also lost carlos rogers, whose INT production in less than a full season with the 49ers has already matched his 6 seasons in DC.

this whole situation reminds me of how we rarely trade the talent we do have for pics. we seem to always wait too long until they lose value (paging chris cooley and rocky macintosh), though this is probably due to lack of depth on our team.

on the bright side, do we get complementary pics for these guys?

yea....but he absolutly sucks as a olb in the 3-4 LMAOOOOOOOO

what's funny is that you truly think anyone saying that is hysterical.

whatever, Andre cater is benefiting from NOT being a skin, period

Outside of a freak 4-sack game Carter is performing the same as he was while with the Skins when playing the 4-3. So clearly it's the scheme, not the team. And damn near every Skins fan on this board said Carter would still remain productive as a 4-3 DE. The only thing that is surprising is him having a 4-sack game. Then again Phillip Daniels had a 4-sack game against the Cowboys...so maybe a good, solid player having a rare game like that ultimately means squat. Well, except to the more feeble- minded among us.

correct. they in fact do......most nickle situations are 4 man fronts........and most teams in the NFL play a hybrid type of def that utilizes both a 4 man and 3 man DL, but it all boils down to a 7 man front no matter how you look at it.

---------- Post added November-14th-2011 at 10:24 AM ----------

Whatever CHUMP..........there is absolutely no way in hell the Skins are looking like a team that can hold Dallas to nothing bu FG's.....no matter what happened in that first game, with Romo sits to pee playing on bad ribs.

These twpo teams are headed in two completely different directions, period. and enjoy getting the 5th or 6th pick in the draft....hahahahahahaha. cant even suck enough to get the one and only "sure thing" at QB this year......

So CHUMP...........enjoy the game, and look at it this way, Skins win, its your Superbowl and you can be happy.....they ,lose, that puts them a little bit closer to Luck..........Skins fans cant lose.............the team, ha, that's a different story, all they do is lose!

You used to be a decent poster. Now you're just like all the rest.

Outside of a freak 4-sack game Carter is performing the same as he was while with the Skins when playing the 4-3. So clearly it's the scheme, not the team. And damn near every Skins fan on this board said Carter would still remain productive as a 4-3 DE. The only thing that is surprising is him having a 4-sack game. Then again Phillip Daniels had a 4-sack game against the Cowboys...so maybe a good, solid player having a rare game like that ultimately means squat. Well, except to the more feeble- minded among us.

there is no doubt in my mind rodgers is benefiting from the change of scenery

the washington redskins have not been, for years now, a productive place to play football if you want to see a team get the most out of the talent they do have

and mike shanahan has not made that better, even a little

You used to be a decent poster. Now you're just like all the rest.

whatever, because i dont agree with you or the fact that Andre Carter can play so well in a 4-3 but not at all in a 3-4......????

or that i consider the cowboys and skins two teams headed in two completely different directions???

Can you honestly say that the skins look like a team playing as good, or that they are as good as Dallas right now???

Or is it that i get called a chump, for having my opinion???

what is it....ah who cares what it is, dont like me, dont talk to me, its simple......i haven't done anything wrong, my opinion on Andre Cater is simple, he is motivated to play, he plays in a hybrid system and his coordinator is getting the most out of him at what he does best, rush the passer........

so what if the skins cut him loose.....the skins have two young GREAT pass rushers in their system, they dont think twice about Andre Cater and they shouldn't

and i really dont care if you think i am a "good poster" or not..........

there is no doubt in my mind rodgers is benefiting from the change of scenery

the washington redskins have not been, for years now, a productive place to play football if you want to see a team get the most out of the talent they do have

and mike shanahan has not made that better, even a little

Do you really want to do a comparative list of the players let go by shanahan? lol...

like i said, the skins FO and coaching staff shouldn't spend one single second thinking about Carter, they have two BETTER pass rushers on their team right now.........regardless of system.

Redskins D > NE D

I have no problem watching Andre Carter do well. Watching 'Los ball out of control hurts though.

It doesn't hurt me, because Rogers gave up while here and he's in a contract year. There's a reason he ended up only signing a 1-year deal...and it's not because half the league offered him a huge multiple-year deal but he preferred the 49ers :)...

Do you really want to do a comparative list of the players let go by shanahan? lol...

no, I want mike shanahan to perform like a potential HOF HC and a more then competent GM

that is what he is paid to do

and he has not even been close to doing so and every player personnel decision needs to be scrutinized because he has earned no margin for error in DC

whatever, because i dont agree with you or the fact that Andre Carter can play so well in a 4-3 but not at all in a 3-4......????

No, b/c you said he benefitted from being not a Redskin, nothing about the scheme.

or that i consider the cowboys and skins two teams headed in two completely different directions???

Didn't you just lose badly to the Eagles and eek one out to Seattle? And it's not surprising you're here spouting this garbage after the Cowboys show up for a game.

Can you honestly say that the skins look like a team playing as good, or that they are as good as Dallas right now???

Can you honestly say which Cowboys team is going to show up on Sunday?

Or is it that i get called a chump, for having my opinion???

No you get called a chump for the above posted reasons.

what is it....ah who cares what it is, dont like me, dont talk to me, its simple......i haven't done anything wrong, my opinion on Andre Cater is simple, he is motivated to play, he plays in a hybrid system and his coordinator is getting the most out of him at what he does best, rush the passer........

so what if the skins cut him loose.....the skins have two young GREAT pass rushers in their system, they dont think twice about Andre Cater and they shouldn't

and i really dont care if you think i am a "good poster" or not..........

MAybe if you had lead off with this instead of doing a great impersonation of a moron, you might have been better served.

---------- Post added November-14th-2011 at 11:24 AM ----------

no, I want mike shanahan to perform like a potential HOF HC and a more then competent GM

that is what he is paid to do

and he has not even been close to doing so and every player personnel decision needs to be scrutinized because he has earned no margin for error in DC

If you really believe that, you aren't paying any amount of actual attention and you're just complaining.

why are we worrying about a 31 year old DE who would have been well over the hill by the time we would be in contention? Also, again, we're pretending that the defense wasn't falling off the cliff in 2009, disregarding that we played about 9 teams in the bottom 10 of the offensive rankings, and a team mailing it in because they were 12-3. We were at BEST a middle of the pack team that year. The AH implosion would have still happened, if for other reasons, Orakpo wouldn't be any better (the 3-4 can mask his weaknesses in coverage, the 4-3 can't mask his weaknesses in POA run defense), and after that, who else did we really need to keep the 4-3 around for?

Stop complaining about the 3-4.

Archived