Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RB Discussion--Redskins v Dolphins--Running Under Water

Jumbo

Ok guys---this week the "generic" topic discussion threads will be done like the previous weeks with obvious modifications to identify the current game under discussion.

Next week, the idea I told youse guys about that will feature an improved (we think it well be well-received, or at least we sure hope so :pfft: ) format for presenting these general topic threads after the game, while keeping the "cooling off period", will debut.

Thanks for your patience and all your positive support. :)

Helu is flashing and showing that he is a very good back. God knows why Torain got the start, he has just been downright TERRIBLE this year. The line needs to block better also, because there are almost know holes. But Helu looks like a back that can be productive without top tier blocking.

It was ridiculous that Helu didn't get a carry until the 2nd half. He is far more elusive than Torain and just came off a game where he put up 140+ yards against a tough D. Torain had his chances against weaker defenses like the Bills, Eagles, etc...but didn't do a damn thing....Helu plays well against a stout D and gets rewarded by hitting bench. Moronic!

It would make a ton of sense to sign Hillis to a bargain deal this offseason like Rogers did with the 9ers. Given his success in Denver before getting hurt, I think we'd be an attractive destination for him.

Personally, I kinda get what Hillis is going through this season. When things snowball, they really do and I think the guy needs a change of scenery.

For our rookie QB, whoever it is, having Hillis and Helu would relieve a lot of pressure.

It would make a ton of sense to sign Hillis to a bargain deal this offseason like Rogers did with the 9ers. Given his success in Denver before getting hurt, I think we'd be an attractive destination for him.

Personally, I kinda get what Hillis is going through this season. When things snowball, they really do and I think the guy needs a change of scenery.

For our rookie QB, whoever it is, having Hillis and Helu would relieve a lot of pressure.

Hillis has worn out his welcome at two teams now does that not tell us anything? I see him as more of a power downhill runner anyway than a guy who would be a good fit in the zone stretch we run.

I was surprised as well that we started Torain - run with the young guys seems to be the theme (rightly) and Helu is one of the few guys who has some speed and big play potential. I dont see him as a 20+ carry back but a good 3rd down guy and change of pace back but he is the best guy on the roster right now. Play him and throw him some screen and swing passes to get him in space like we did against the 49ers.

Hillis is looking for a big contract...you really think he'll sign a "bargain" deal? On top of it all, he's got no heart and his teammates have questioned his effort amongst other things. WHY would we bring him in? Unless you're a RB w. the skill-set of Adrian Peterson, it doesn't make sense to overpay for anyone at that position. We have to fix up the O-line first.

I for one don't blame injuries on offense for our lack of running game. Nor the loss of Hightower. I believe Philly showed the league on how to defend our zone sweep. It wasnt just the 9 wide, I read that they adjusted their approach. One read by the back and go has so stopped working. That tells me DC's figured out to close the book on that read.

Torain looks like night and day from his big game this year. A man among boys breaking tackles, to barely even make it over the LOS. Defenses are crushing that read, and Shanahans sweep left run game is dead. The play action dies, and then so does Kyle's play action heavy passing game. We need to run the ball other ways. Go 4 wide and then run Helu. Go hurry up shotgun 4 wide, and run some draws. We are far too static in our run game, sweep left has dried up.

Off topic. I am still pissed we were not in hurry up down 2 scores with 4 minutes left. We dont score TD's, and we dont go hurry up. Try something different!

Thanks coach for starting threads like these. This board often lacks a general thought thread, offense defense whatever. Most threads are far to specific to post a general observation by fans, to expect a reasonable discussion.

I don't know why the coaches keep putting Torain back there. He has been abysmal, despite what the condition of the OLine is. Since his great game against the Rams, he has 32 carries for 53 yds (1.66 yds per carry). Helu on the other hand is averaging 5.0 yds per carry this year, and is a legit receiving threat out of the back field, being 3rd on the team in receptions and 4th in yards. It just dumbfounds me why this coaching staff continues to make strange decisions.

Archived