Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Vote for the defensive rookie of the year, so far (KERRIGAN!) LET'S WIN AT LEAST SOMETHING!

Rocky52Mc

I voted for Kerrigan, but the people voting for this are idiots. Patrick Peterson is ranked #2, and he's not been that good of a defensive player. He's been a great special teams player.

---------- Post added November-9th-2011 at 07:59 PM ----------

Does anyone HONESTLY think he's DROY though? lol

I think he's a totally legitimate candidate, and that I'm not being a huge homer by voting for him.

yeah, i think he should certainly be considered. after watching and rewatching game tapes, he is very talented. his tackles for a loss are impressive. i havent watched much of the other ROY candidates though.

but there is no way he is going to win unless he gets more sacks numbers and flashy plays.

yeah, i think he should certantly be considered. after watching and rewatching game tapes, he is very talented. his tackles for a loss are impressive. i havent watched much of the other ROY candidates though.

but there is no way he is going to win unless he gets more sacks numbers and flashy plays.

I guess this is what I meant.

He's played well enough, but there's no way he wins without better numbers.

I voted for him, naturally; but I'm having a hard time splitting Ryan, Peterson and Miller to press.

So yes, he's MORE than in consideration. And that's not 'homer' talk. That's performance based talk.

Hail.

*Still 4th. :( And just how is Aldon Smith so far clear? Did the whole of the bay area get a reminder to vote?

Miller and Smith are really pulling away from him in the sacks department. He has about 1/2 the sacks they do. He certainly should be in the discussion but unless he starts making up ground in that department he won't have a chance. Note that I'm not saying he isn't as good as them (I think he does many things better) but sacks and INTs are what really get the votes when you're talking about a DROY candidate. Ryan makes plays; he has some sacks, pressures the QB, makes tackles in the backfield, can cover relatively well for a guy new to having to do it. But at the end of the day, sack numbers are going to trump that when it comes to voting.

Archived