Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cats and their CRAZY food!

Bostic Hog

So, it's Monday night. I'm a Redskins fan living in the Philly burbs. Eagles v Bears - MNF. WHAT TO DO??? Hello, cook some pizza, drink some beer (to forget about the mess in State College), and cheer my ass off for the Bears!!

So I open a can of mushrooms for the pizza. Gruden is showing the highlight of Andy Reid in the Punt, Pass, Kick contest. I leave the kitchen to see this unforgettable video.

Cat starts slurping the mushroom juice. ARE YOU SERIOUS???? I love mushrooms, but the juice?? I give the little guy a mushroom - HE LOVES IT!! He enjoys 8 or 10 of them. Now he's grabbing them off my slice of 'za. WTF??

Anyone else have a cat who loves food that you wouldn't think they would???

BTW - Forte: 45 yards on 3 carries. Gonna be good night :)

No. But I once had a dog that would go crazy for watermelon rinds. Would eat them like they were made of solid heroin. Could easily down all the rinds from a large watermelon (dog was only ~35-40lbs). Cleaning up the yard the next day was always an adventure.

I had a roommate who had cats. They would eat just about anything except maybe green veggies unless they were really hungry. They would get into everything .. you couldn't leave anything out .... bread, chips, crackers, etc. They would open the toaster oven if you left things in there soon after it had cooled down. They even figured out how to open the top shelf and get these cat treats I had gotten for them. I don't think my roommate fed them enough ... he also wouldn't let them outside. I've come across some outdoor cats around here that would let me walk up to them and pet them without much reaction. These cats ... no way. The only way to get them was to induce them with food and then get them by the neck.

My cat will try to eat Tortilla Chips -- like literally tries to take them from my hand when I'm eating them, but really just chews on them a bit and doesn't really seem like she likes 'eating' it. They rest will do normal things like try to eat fish off of plates, and they all really like Ice Cream but I guess that's because of the milk.

I've told this story here before, but I'll share it again. It's worth it, IMO. :)

When I was a kid, we had a cat that would chew on the tinsel on the Christmas tree. Every time we walked by, we were yelling at the dumb ****er to leave the stuff alone.

Well, one afternoon, she actually ingested a piece. Little did we know, it had worked its way through her entire GI tract, and was coming out the "other" end. My dad thought that there was just a little piece of tinsel stuck to her backside, and went to pull it off. It was like pulling the cord on a lawnmower. Yanked it straight through the remainder of her intestines, and she took off like a bat outta hell. We didn't see her for a week. :ols:

I've told this story here before, but I'll share it again. It's worth it, IMO. :)

When I was a kid, we had a cat that would chew on the tinsel on the Christmas tree. Every time we walked by, we were yelling at the dumb ****er to leave the stuff alone.

Well, one afternoon, she actually ingested a piece. Little did we know, it had worked its way through her entire GI tract, and was coming out the "other" end. My dad thought that there was just a little piece of tinsel stuck to her backside, and went to pull it off. It was like pulling the cord on a lawnmower. Yanked it straight through the remainder of her intestines, and she took off like a bat outta hell. We didn't see her for a week. :ols:

Lol!! have had to do the same!!!

I also got my sis-in-law a Christmas card one year. (outside of card) It's begining to look a lot like Christmas... (inside) Even the cat has tinsel hanging out of it's butt.

Chips are not surprising for cats to like, they really just like the salt. Cats also like some sweet things which is why I've know a couple that love glazed doughnuts. As for sweets, keep chocolate away from cats as their livers can't process it and it is toxic to them.

I've seen cats go after broccoli, pasta and other stuff. I love it when I'm eating some kind of meat and the cat comes over and gets in a nearby chair and ****s its head sideways as if to say "Smelz good, can I haz sum?"

el-gato-naranjo-del-sabado.png

The only thing my cat freaks out about is marshmallows. I bought some because my wife and her sister were pining for s'mores. As soon as I opened the bag my cat started jumping up on everything trying to get closer and ended up trying to bat one out of my hand.

My cat eats nothing but the cat food kibble and some of the cat treats but they have to be crunchy. We've given her wet food and all she does is lick the juice while leaving all the "good" chunks behind. One time she did have a tiny piece of turkey deli meat but never since. She is very picky about her Iams original "chicken" flavor.

When I was a kid we had a cat that loved to eat the red and white, round peppermint candies. If she heard you opening one she would be in your face in a flash wanting some. She would even try to lick your teeth to get a taste. That cat had the freshest breath. That cat also loved black olives.

One of my cats will eat a few things that I'd consider odd for a cat: olives, bread, muffins, brownies. Other won't touch 'people food' at all. Until you have milk of any kind and then he won't leave you alone.
When I was a kid we had a cat that loved to eat the red and white, round peppermint candies. If she heard you opening one she would in your face in a flash wanting some. She would even try to lick your teeth to get a taste. That cat had the freshest breath. That cat also loved black olives.

Our big boy (Nick the Barbarian is what our vet calls him) is an olive-lover too. If I'm making anything for dinner that involves sliced olives I can't leave them unattended even for a few seconds without him attacking them. He loves them.

He's also really into kidney beans and absolutely loves hot food. I'm talking stuff like 5 alarm chili and vindaloo. Weird.

Nala- Is my 18 year old Junk food kitty! She loves Salt and Vinegar potato chips, Doritos, Cheesy Poofs, and Taco Bell etc

Huly- is my super picky eater. Refuses to eat can tuna only wants fresh tuna when grandpa goes fishing but loves chicken. The other day he wanted a bite of my Red Hot and Blue Dry Rub Ribs. He went crazy for them! He loves them! It was so funny!

Archived