Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Messing with this guy on the Metro! (need advice for more pranks)

daveakl

So there is this guy that gets on the Metro at the same stop as me every morning. I think he is (or he tries to be) a journalist and must be part of some mortgage conspiracy/banks are out to get us/free home if you stop paying nut group as he always tries to hand out fliers on the ride about how you can own your own home without paying your mortgage since the banks don’t know what they have and what not. But that’s not the point.

One day as he was getting on the escalator to go down into the Metro some lady got on in front of him and stood still instead of walking. Well this ass clown threw a hissy fit. He was all letting out big hrumph’s and walked down two stairs so he was standing on the one right behind her. He even kinda nudged her forward a bit when she refused to let him pass. Well, me and a couple other guys called him out on it at the bottom since he almost knocked her down and he went on about how “if you aren’t on your cell phone or reading something then you should be walking down to increase the movement of people onto the metro” blah blah crap.

Well me and my office mates who ride everyday around 8:15 decided to teach him a lesson. Now we get to the stop about 8:10 every morning and wait for him to show up. Right as he is about to board three of us cut him off and just stand still on the ride down. You should see his face and hear his mutterings. We make sure it is a different group everyday so he doesn’t catch on to us. In the last week we have taken to talking about how people that are getting foreclosed on were being shady in trying to beat the banks and how much that pissed us off. You should see the look on his face!!

I wanted to see if you guys had any more ideas on what we should do to mess around with this joker. I was thinking of making a shirt that says 1% and proud! I am sure that will fire up this desk jockey even more!

One day as he was getting on the escalator to go down into the Metro some lady got on in front of him and stood still instead of walking. Well this ass clown threw a hissy fit. He was all letting out big hrumph’s and walked down two stairs so he was standing on the one right behind her. He even kinda nudged her forward a bit when she refused to let him pass. Well, me and a couple other guys called him out on it at the bottom since he almost knocked her down and he went on about how “if you aren’t on your cell phone or reading something then you should be walking down to increase the movement of people onto the metro” blah blah crap.

Well me and my office mates who ride everyday around 8:15 decided to teach him a lesson. Now we get to the stop about 8:10 every morning and wait for him to show up. Right as he is about to board three of us cut him off and just stand still on the ride down. You should see his face and hear his mutterings. We make sure it is a different group everyday so he doesn’t catch on to us. In the last week we have taken to talking about how people that are getting foreclosed on were being shady in trying to beat the banks and how much that pissed us off. You should see the look on his face!!

Poor Hubbs....:D

This comes off to me as kind of being a jerk...by the way.

You would be surprised.

Maybe there are exceptions to the rule and I think you are like others that consider the top 20% the 1%, but that is not the rule. Most of the individuals that comprise the top 1%, the truly top 1% don't work, nor touch surfaces that you and I do. I have met many of these people here in Naples, Captiva and Holiday Isle. They fly, they are driven and many don't leave home often at all. Names like Brinks, Sugden of Purina, the Yahoo boys, they all winter in this area. They don't drive unless for fun let alone use public transportation.

Maybe more of the next 19% ride the metro, the top 1% would account for a very few eccentrics.

http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/wealth.html

In the United States, wealth is highly concentrated in a relatively few hands. As of 2007, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 34.6% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 50.5%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 85%, leaving only 15% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers). In terms of financial wealth (total net worth minus the value of one's home), the top 1% of households had an even greater share: 42.7%. Table 1 and Figure 1 present further details drawn from the careful work of economist Edward N. Wolff at New York University (2010).

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 01:02 PM ----------

You would be surprised.

and your sig is off, the missing piece has not been found as of yet.

Poor Hubbs....:D

This comes off to me as kind of being a jerk...by the way.

First thing I thought of as well, has to be Hubbs. My suggestion to the OP (if you aren't going to let this go) is to start talking in front of this guy about how stupid any guy is who sleeps in separate rooms/beds from his wie/gf and see if that gets a reaction. Then we'll know for sure.

*Edit* Dammit, I only just now saw Hubbs' thread. I'll leave my response intact anyway.

Archived