Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patience is a virtue. Beck COULD be our answer

skinsandcooley

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Fellow Skin and BYU fan.

Before our loss this week, I usually just perused the forum and read people's opinions. But after this week's loss I was inspired to post to put things into perspective for some of yall.

BECK IS NOT OUR PROBLEM!!!!

I can't believe how some of you guys trash him. The fact of the matter is that Beck HAS NOT BEEN playing poorly!! Today for example, you guys say u've had enough of him...well guess what, this Beck who "sucks" threw for over 250 yards and had a TD to boot. Against an elite 49ers D, too.

It's also laughable how some of you knock him for not throwing deep. It's called playing smart football...you know, with no turnovers? If you want deep, go throw Rexi back in and see how that works. We were much worse off with that turnover machine at the helm.

This team has some real problems, that much is obvious. But it starts with the coaching staff and talent that surrounds the QB. Today Beck showed he has the tools to flourish in his two minutes offense when Shanahan's weren't screwing with the calls and receivers weren't dropping his balls. Now I'm not saying he is going to Brady or Manning, but any knowledgeable fan will tell you this guy has talent and is NOT BAD.

Hilarious some of you want Rex. There is a reason why no one wanted him this offseason!!

Hail!!!

the majority of those yards came during the last drive - have you watched the last 2 games, our offense has scored 11 points. We can't even put together a couple of decent drives in a game, even teams like Seattle put up points and move the ball but we have to fight for every yard, its so tough to watch.

It's also laughable how some of you knock him for not throwing deep. It's called playing smart football...you know, with no turnovers? If you want deep, go throw Rexi back in and see how that works. We were much worse off with that turnover machine at the helm.

Beck has 2td's against 4int & 3 fumbles, its not like he takes care of the football much better than Rex

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Fellow Skin and BYU fan.

Before our loss this week, I usually just perused the forum and read people's opinions. But after this week's loss I was inspired to post to put things into perspective for some of yall.

BECK IS NOT OUR PROBLEM!!!!

I can't believe how some of you guys trash him. The fact of the matter is that Beck HAS NOT BEEN playing poorly!! Today for example, you guys say u've had enough of him...well guess what, this Beck who "sucks" threw for over 250 yards and had a TD to boot. Against an elite 49ers D, too.

This team has some real problems, that much is obvious. But it starts with the coaching staff and talent that surrounds the QB. Today Beck showed he has the tools to flourish in his two minutes offense when Shanahan's weren't screwing with the calls and receivers weren't dropping his balls. Now I'm not saying he is going to Brady or Manning, but any knowledgeable fan will tell you this guy has talent and is NOT BAD.

Hilarious some of you want Rex. There is a reason why no one wanted him this offseason!!

Hail!!!

You sir are very mistaken, Beck is not a starting quarterback in the NFL or should even be on a teams roster for that matter, he lacks basic fundamentals and doesnt have the technical analysis to read defenses. I would also like to know how we were worse with Rex at qb?? we were 3-2...what are we with beck at helm??? 0-3 whats Becks career record....0-7, hes just not even average let alone good.

Happy feet and late delivery is not the only thing that scare me.

Its the immediate checkdown due to any pressure and the lack of field vision that really scares me.

I mean I am down with riding him the rest of the season and investing in a true player at the position. NOT a retread, NOT an experiment but a real true player at the position we pay to be there.

LOL...are u guys for real? Sheesh. Today Beck helped SET A RECORD with Helu recording 14 catches and you say he is garbage? Honestly, what else could he have done to show otherwise?

Also, those were no garbage time points. SF plays hard-nosed football from start to finish. You think Harbaugh would just let the skins put a few free ones up on the scoreboard? Ya, thats right, i didnt think so either

Beck must be related to the OP.... bro. Beck IS NOT, and i repeat IS NOT a good QB. He is inaccurate (see the int when targeting F. Davis yesterday), he's not comfortable in the pocket (see the near int in the endzone yesterday), he missed WIDE open recievers (look at the replays on 3 occasions where Gaffney and Hank beat their men deep but didn't get the ball). His only good quality is that he's mobile, but it means nothing if he can't produce plays. He is not an NFL caliber QB, good thing is that he's a smart guy, he should have a nice career set up as a telemarketer or insurance salesmen, since he loves to talk... .

LOL...are u guys for real? Sheesh. Today Beck helped SET A RECORD with Helu recording 14 catches and you say he is garbage? Honestly, what else could he have done to show otherwise?

Also, those were no garbage time points. SF plays hard-nosed football from start to finish. You think Harbaugh would just let the skins put a few free ones up on the scoreboard? Ya, thats right, i didnt think so either

Now I'm starting to think you're trolling.

Wow. I take that you are Mormon?

They were in prevent defense for the remaining 6 mins of the game. I don't know why though, because its not like Beck was going deep at any point.... Never the less, Helu's 14 catches are a result of Becks refusal to go down field. I would dare say that he didn't even look down field. All he did was continually dump off to Helu and thats it. To put it in perspective, the longest passing play of the game was a 17 yard pass off a tipped ball to Helu.... 17 ****ing YARDS! :ols: :doh:

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 10:31 AM ----------

Now I'm starting to think you're trolling.

you may have a point...

Here's the thing, Beck has not played well for two weeks. I'm not on the "he's the worst QB ever" train yet, because he still IMO isn't playing as bad as Grossman did and he takes care of the ball. I think he is entirely too cautious with the ball because he doesn't want to be the turnover machine that Rex was (he has yet to singlehandedly lose a game for us which Rex almost did countless times), but I also realize he is virtually a rookie and hasn't had nearly as much time in this offensive scheme as Grossman and he has a bunch of rookies and a patchwork O-line playing with him.

The Buffalo game was AWFUL and I mean terrible, but during yesterday's game the Skins were able to move the ball, and not just during garbage time. It's just that when they started getting something going someone would fumble, or there would be a 15 yard penalty, or an INT, or another fumble. Beck would miss his reads and they'd go 3 and out. Then Beck would get into a groove, and someone would fumble and end that drive, then we were back to Beck missing his reads, and then Beck getting back into a groove and a 15 yard penalty sets us back.

I don't think he is our answer AT ALL, but I think the team will probably ride it out with him the rest of the season and I'm fine with that. Hopefully he gets better and develops into a viable game managing backup QB.

Also, let's be honest, aside from the Giants game, with our starting O-line and our starting receivers in, the Skins offense has struggled all freaking year long - to pretend that it has only been inept since Beck started is convenient amnesia.

Beck is the problem. Please, watch the games.

He's terrible.

It's alwayyyys the offensive line's fault when things aren't going well for the offense.

That "alwayyys" has been about, what, 20 years or so?

What else is consistent in those 20 years? The Redskins haven't had a QB.

Having a good/great QB can mask deficiencies of not great offensive lines, and Beck certainly isn't helping them.

He's awful.

<<post by Destino showing several College QBs - not copied in order to keep my posting privileges>>

Destino- you hit the nail squarely on the head.

Right now, Beck and Grossman are large parts of the problem and neither will be able to move this team forward. What you see is what you get. Beck has 'happy feet' and won't stand in to make that last second throw. Second, he locks in on his target way too early and won't look away - an easy read for defenders. Third, he just can't throw a deep ball (that is a physical limitation of arm strength that won't go away).

He may be a decent back-up, but nothing more. As long as he (or Grossman) are the starters, this team will be in the lower third of the NFL.

Redskins records...hmmm who else has set some records???

http://hamptonroads.com/node/158881

Sweet company. That guy was GREAT! Just like this QB

Stop trolling.

garbage stats against a late game soft coverage means nothing. It's the same reason Jason Campbell had a 80.4 QB rating while he played for us.. it's because he always was playing soft coverage in the 4th because we were behind so much the other team just wanted us to waste plenty of time scoring.

Could John get better? yeah.. he could get better.

Is he playing like complete trash right now? yes he is.

Beck has 2td's against 4int & 3 fumbles, its not like he takes care of the football much better than Rex

I think all the qb's need time to adjust to new qb coming in next year. No need to break their confidence to start losing. Its important to keep things together

Okay I have to ask, is this a joke thread?

Archived