Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If An Opposing Player Spikes The Ball And It Lands In The Stands, Do You Give It Back To Him?

DM72

The reason I'm asking this question is because I was at the Jets/Bills game in Buffalo, which was being dominated by the Jets, where Santonio Holmes scored a TD and spiked the ball which landed in the front row. Holmes and Sanchex comes over to the Bills fan to retrieve the ball and he gave it back to him. Me and everybody in my area was saying, "no way I'd give back a game used NFL football." But I'll admit, it's easy to say that, but would you actually not give it back?

The way I see it, how many times will you have the opportunity to add an NFL game used ball to YOUR trophy case as opposed to Holmes would have many other opportunities.

So I ask, would you "seriously" keep the ball or would you give it back to the player if he requested it?

I have a game ball. We toss it around during the holidays.

I don't think you have to give the ball back though. I remember former Bills QB Ferguson would toss out footballs during warmups to the fans. Went to a Redskins/Bills game back in the day.

For some reason I think they charge players for those balls these days.

I have a game ball. We toss it around during the holidays.

I don't think you have to give the ball back though. I remember former Bills QB Ferguson would toss out footballs during warmups to the fans. Went to a Redskins/Bills game back in the day.

For some reason I think they charge players for those balls these days.

Pregame balls can be kept. I have one from John Hall that he was running around with prior to a Bills/Skins game years ago in Buffalo.

Archived