Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many points do you think the CURRENT Redskins offense could muster against LSU or Bama?

RonArtest15

As I was watching the LSU/Bama game on Saturday, I bet I wasn't the only Skins fan sitting there wondering how our offense would do if they went up against either of those defenses. Honestly, I think we'd have a hard time scoring 10 points. For this question, it's not a matter of who would win the game...but rather how many points the offense would score (or wouldn't)?

I was thinking about this on saturday night and yesterday during the game. I think we could put 21 points on alabama. Alabama's Defense has some ridiculous talent on defense. 3 possible first rounders this year in Hightower Barron and Kirkpatrick. A believe they have an OLB in the 2-3 range. A few late rounders this year and a few studs in the next couple years on the Dline.

Compares to the USC defense from a few years ago.

I think we would win in blowout fashion. Bad pro teams are still leaps and bounds better than the best amateur teams. Everyone the roster was a star in college and they're better now than they were then. These sorts of discussions are silly.

Exactly, they are bigger and generally faster. Its not like the people in the NFL stunk in college. They are all the standouts

But, but, but, those college defenses looked really good against those decent college offenses, therefore, they would do great against the Skins.

Don't look at the fact that only 3-5 guys from each team will make the NFL, much less have an impact there. They look good against other college kids, so they must be good against the Skins.

Don't look at the fact that these are 18-22 year old players, who often make gigantic mistakes and in many cases, haven't completely grown into their bodies. They look good against other kids like themselves, so of course, they could handle MEN on the Skins.

Lastly, don't look at the fact that one of the ACC's ELITE receivers just made it off the Skin's reserve squad (and that was only because of injuries), I'm sure those second and third DBs would easily cover guys like Fred Davis and Roy Helu.

Now that I think about it, my buddy's 125 LB Pop Warner team is 8-0 this season, only giving up one TD the entire time. How many points could the Skins score against them???

Oh man, I didn't even think about what our D would do to those poor kids. KIDS...in most cases, this would be men vs. boys. Ridiculous to think that anything would happen other than a dominant pro win along with a boatload of injuries.

The expansion Buccaneers from the 1970s would crush whatever college football team you believe is the best ever.

i think we'd win, but contrary to common opinion, i dont think we'd put up great offensive numbers vs. either team. it wouldnt take much pressure for beck to be razzled into double clutching, missing/ignoring wide open receivers.

our defense would light them up though and they wouldnt have much positive yardage.

I think the greatest difference from the two levels is along the lines. Even the redkins banged up O-Line would look like the hogs against any d line college has to offer. Furthermore our d-line could by all rights get through blind folded. I couldn't come up with a score but we would score points on every drive and allow no field position or any points on theirs and thats if they survived not fumbling on our kick coverage.

i think we'd win, but contrary to common opinion, i dont think we'd put up great offensive numbers vs. either team. it wouldnt take much pressure for beck to be razzled into double clutching, missing/ignoring wide open receivers.

our defense would light them up though and they wouldnt have much positive yardage.

I agree w. what you said 100%....I DO think we'd win...but there wouldn't be great offensive #'s being put up.

I think we would win in blowout fashion. Bad pro teams are still leaps and bounds better than the best amateur teams. Everyone the roster was a star in college and they're better now than they were then. These sorts of discussions are silly.

I concur with this. They are both very good defenses in college. There is no way that they would breathe the same air as the Redskins or any other pro team. This thread and question are both laughable.

72 is a lot for a team with no real receiving threat, a 3rd rate quarterback, and a banged up OLine, against a college defense filled with NFL level talent. However, I think that the advantages of having NFL O-Linemen, the ability to pick on the weaker members of their defense, the overall experience playing against a high talent level, the complexity of NFL scheming, and LSU/Bama's restriction to only 20 hours of practice a week makes this a blowout. but I feel like 35-0 is more realistic than 72-0.

72 is a lot for a team with no real receiving threat, a 3rd rate quarterback, and a banged up OLine, against a college defense filled with NFL level talent. However, I think that the advantages of having NFL O-Linemen, the ability to pick on the weaker members of their defense, the overall experience playing against a high talent level, the complexity of NFL scheming, and LSU/Bama's restriction to only 20 hours of practice a week makes this a blowout. but I feel like 35-0 is more realistic than 72-0.

again....both our QB's were GREAT in college....so was Fred Davis, Hankerson, Paul, Helu, and Trent Williams.....every drive we had would end in a touchdown. We also wouldn't give up a first down.

again....both our QB's were GREAT in college....so was Fred Davis, Hankerson, Paul, Helu, and Trent Williams.....every drive we had would end in a touchdown. We also wouldn't give up a first down.

Both are QBs were great in college for sure, but John Beck never played against a defense like LSU or Alabama in college. Rex Grossman probably didn't either, but came a lot closer.

The best we have to simulating how a game between College players and pro players is the Chicago College All-Star Game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_College_All-Star_Game. This hasn't been contested in 35 years, and the game has changed immensely since then. Also, it was an exhibition game, and played with an exhibition level of intensity. But that said, it's the best we have.

The results were, the pros nearly always won, but not by absurd margins, and not always shutting them out. Oh, and the all stars were playing the NFL Champion, not a bad team.

Archived