Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D.C Sports Bog (Dan Steinberg): D Hall on Redskins Offense...

Warpath1041

Nice...how you feeling DH. You and a former Eagle have something in common, you both took shots at our offense in the press. Congrats.

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 02:23 PM ----------

4 pick Grossman or 10 sack Beck?

both are bad, but is really one better then the other?

The guy is a headache, he keeps on running is mouth and throwing teammates under the bus. He better clean his own backyard, starting with learning how to cover deep and tackling.

I hope we will get rid of him.

this team does not have one elite corner. not one.

said it the first day he wore a redskin jersey... dhall is a joke.

this team does not have one elite corner. not one.

said it the first day he wore a redskin jersey... dhall is a joke.

I can think of 30 teams that don't have an elite corner. Broncos (Bailey) and Jets (Revis) are the two that don't fall in that category.

We do, however, have two solid corners who do what's asked of them. You can't really ask for much more.

Nice...how you feeling DH. You and a former Eagle have something in common, you both took shots at our offense in the press. Congrats.

Took shots? Did you even read the article? Yes, he says its frustrating but he is by no means taking shots at his team mates.

Though posts like these don't surprise me, just the hall hatred emerging when they see a thread about him.

It is called being a professional. What happens in the locker room is one thing. Hall likes to air his 'feelings' to the media. We all watched the game, we all know the O is struggling. We don't need our team captain pouring salt in the wounds.

It happened after the Cowboys game and it happened again yesterday. I expect more from a team captain.

Tell me ONE ****ING LINE that isn't the truth? Please. Read his quotes and tell me ONE ****ING LINE that is a lie. TELL ME how that article is negative. He was asked specificly about the offense in the switch to Beck, and what line did he say isn't the truth?

ALL of it is the truth? Do you really want to here the same bull**** answers week in and week out "Defense is trying, offense is trying, it will click"?

MAYBE he was trying to motivate his offense. MAYBE he was trying to motivate Kyle Shanahan. MAYBE it was a message from the Defense "We are sick of losing, Grossman gives us the best chance, put him in" - by him saying how inept the offense is in not so much words. Maybe it's "Hey - were playing our hearts out, get us someone that can do their job to win".

Took shots? Did you even read the article? Yes, he says its frustrating but he is by no means taking shots at his team mates.

Though posts like these don't surprise me, just the hall hatred emerging when they see a thread about him.

Yup, read the article just fine.

He states publicly that he has no faith in the offense...zero. Then that last comment about Shanny...divided locker room anyone?

He has already back tracked off the comments, so yes he knows he should have kept his mouth shut.

Tell me ONE ****ING LINE that isn't the truth? Please. Read his quotes and tell me ONE ****ING LINE that is a lie. TELL ME how that article is negative. He was asked specificly about the offense in the switch to Beck, and what line did he say isn't the truth?

ALL of it is the truth? Do you really want to here the same bull**** answers week in and week out "Defense is trying, offense is trying, it will click"?

MAYBE he was trying to motivate his offense. MAYBE he was trying to motivate Kyle Shanahan. MAYBE it was a message from the Defense "We are sick of losing, Grossman gives us the best chance, put him in" - by him saying how inept the offense is in not so much words. Maybe it's "Hey - were playing our hearts out, get us someone that can do their job to win".

Maybe he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. Maybe this guy can catch a clue before he is shown the door (Atl, Oak).

I expect Beck's trend to be upward, the coaches can do more with his mobility as he learns, and I saw Rex's trend downward. Whatever edge Rex had over Beck in opening the season is gone. Defenses will not allow him to take those first reads and easy throws up the middle.

John Beck has looked bad so far, but you can't judge a QB until you give him some help. Shanahan knows that.

na, beck is garbage regardless of what he has around him. I have learned after alot of years to trust what I get from defensive players and hes not good. this time next year we will remember john beck for getting us a hih enough pick to grab a true franchise qb and that will be the best thing anyone could do for this franchise. Thank you ahead of time john.

He states publicly that he has no faith in the offense...zero. Then that last comment about Shanny...divided locker room anyone?

I wouldn't say that for sure, because we dont' have enough to go off of to draw that conclusion. But its evident that guys are highly frustrated with the situation.... I wouldn't be surpised of the defensive players , individually petitions to the coach at the end of the season , that he needs to do something to help them....

na, beck is garbage regardless of what he has around him. I have learned after alot of years to trust what I get from defensive players and hes not good. this time next year we will remember john beck for getting us a hih enough pick to grab a true franchise qb and that will be the best thing anyone could do for this franchise. Thank you ahead of time john.

Hey LL any chance of Grossman going back in or are we stuck with Beck for the rest of the season?

He has already back tracked off the comments, so yes he knows he should have kept his mouth shut.

He backtracked off his comments because over-sensitive and naieve fans think somehow a frustrated player on a former 3-1 1st place team has seen his team fall, lose 4 straight, including the last 3 where the offense has been inept outside of the final 2 minutes.

Yes, he's a professional, but maybe he has an agenda. I'd much rather hear this than robotic answers that other people give (Reid, etc)

IIRC lavarleap was posting last week that the players HATE having Beck as the starter. That they know he can't do **** and they all want Grossman back in there.

-Above all....... this is why Rex should be the guy behind center.

we will not win a game with john beck as starter. hes potentially the worst QB this franchise has ever seen.

-I totally agree!!! I am a fan that gets excited to watch my team. But when he is in, I feel the “he isn’t going to get it done”. When he is behind center it takes the fun out of it for me. When Rex is in, we know that it is gonna be a rollercoaster ride. We know that he is gonna have “good Rex, bad Rex” games, but at least there is a good Rex sometimes, and at least its exciting. The problem with Beck is that there isn’t ever a “good Beck”!!! I have paid for Sunday ticket. I have paid to get tickets when this team goes to Seattle, I want a show.

Playing John Beck gives them more opportunity to have no Rex/Beck next year.

So essentially, playing Beck is tanking the season.

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 09:57 AM ----------

I wouldn't go that far. He has no confidence in his arm and is very jittery in the pocket but I've seen worse.

-Regardless of who finishes the season, its obvious we will be drafting a QB. Think about it this way. Who would you rather have as our back up next year??? For me, it’s a no brainer. Rex knows the system way better. The last person I want teaching our rookie QB is Beck. I don’t want him teaching his ways of……… lock on to the RB check down as a first option crap, and completely disregard what is happening on the rest of the field. He doesn’t know how to scan the field and looks lost. He cannot, and should not mentor our future QB. He needs to take a seat!!!

He backtracked off his comments because over-sensitive and naieve fans think somehow a frustrated player on a former 3-1 1st place team has seen his team fall, lose 4 straight, including the last 3 where the offense has been inept outside of the final 2 minutes.

Yes, he's a professional, but maybe he has an agenda. I'd much rather hear this than robotic answers that other people give (Reid, etc)

Whatever dude...we jettisoned guys like this all offseason. Would not surprise me in the least if DH was not a Redskins next season.

I expect Beck's trend to be upward, the coaches can do more with his mobility as he learns, and I saw Rex's trend downward. Whatever edge Rex had over Beck in opening the season is gone. Defenses will not allow him to take those first reads and easy throws up the middle.

John Beck has looked bad so far, but you can't judge a QB until you give him some help. Shanahan knows that.

How can you rationally expect Beck's trend to go upward, given what we have seen. You - and other defenders of John - cannot talk about Beck as a quarterback who is learning how to play the game and one we can afford to wait on. It is BLATENTLY obvious that he is an AWFUL quarterback. He cannot make simple reads. He cannot make NFL throws. He has no pocket awareness. The list can go on and on.

Moreover, he is no spring chicken. Despite his inexperience, he is still a 30 year old QB who hasn't learned the tools of the trade. If anything, you should expect him to never learn how to play QB, after considering his putrid pile of work.

Face it. Grossman is the lesser of two evils. He is a turnover machine but can also make us COMPETITIVE on offense . . . something that we have not been under Beck.

Regarding your second idea (on evaluating QBs without help), you can judge Beck on his inability to do simple things. The Skins absolutely lack talent at key positions. But come on. The offensive line gave him time to throw yesterday and he couldn't hit anything. His accuracy is huge question mark, and is also something else that can be properly evaluated regardless of who is around him.

The guy is a bum. Plain and simple. 0-9 as a starter says it all. Even with high-school players you would think he would be able to get ONE win somewhere.

Having said all of that . . . I am so torn with keeping him in. I want us to compete . . . but at the same time I want a higher pick. For the greater good - a franchise QB - the team should stick with him.

Whatever dude...we jettisoned guys like this all offseason. Would not surprise me in the least if DH was not a Redskins next season.

I wouldn't be surprised if he retired as a redskin. He loves being a redskin and just wants to win. Superozman makes a great point, at one time this team looked like it was bound for a playoff run. Now they look like one of the worst teams in the league. Hall is 27 years old and one of the best cb's we've had in a long time. I doubt he is going anywhere.

I wouldn't be surprised if he retired as a redskin. He loves being a redskin and just wants to win. Superozman makes a great point, at one time this team looked like it was bound for a playoff run. Now they look like one of the worst teams in the league. Hall is 27 years old and one of the best cb's we've had in a long time. I doubt he is going anywhere.

Let me guess, you went to Va Tech?

Funny how it was mentioned the players were all for Beck coming in when Rex was chunking pics left and right, and now its said that the players want Rex back in.

Sounds like the players aren't really sure what they want, outside of a competent qb.

Show me where it was said that the players wanted Becky. Everything I saw and heard was that the players were behind Rex and did not want him replaced. They knew, better than anyone, that going with Becky was giving up on the season.

I don't mind now because I'm in full "lose as much as you can to get as high a pick as possible" mode. Stay with Beck=top 5 pick.

Show me where it was said that the players wanted Becky. Everything I saw and heard was that the players were behind Rex and did not want him replaced. They knew, better than anyone, that going with Becky was giving up on the season.

I don't mind now because I'm in full "lose as much as you can to get as high a pick as possible" mode. Stay with Beck=top 5 pick.

It was some interview Cooley did, where he stated it; I believe it was after practice, where it was mentioned, and Cooley said something to the effect of some players were wanting Beck but would support whoever was out there. I could be wrong, I have been wrong a couple of times in my life..:silly:

Besides dude, no need to get all defensive about it; unless this is actually Rex...

Archived