Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D.C Sports Bog (Dan Steinberg): D Hall on Redskins Offense...

Warpath1041

seriously, at this point thats what it looks like. rex definitely played better than beck did, dont get me wrong, rex sucked, but beck is much worse.

i think the only logical explanation is they wanna give beck a few more starts to see if he can improve. so far hes gotten worse or stayed just as bad.

hes accounted for 31 points in 12 quarters as a starter.

It's a little jarring to me. I didn't expect Beck to be a top-16 starter, but I thought he'd be Rex with fewer turnovers. Then, when he got in during the Eagles game and looked OK, I was even more sure. Even against Carolina the offense looked OK. At one point in the third quarter, we were down 16-13 and in the game. I'm not really sure what happened since then.

Hall would be much better if he had some one like Nmadi opposite of him. Not saying talent wise but skill set wise. Some one who likes to get in the WR's face at the snap and push them around a bit more.

We saw that movie before - didnt work.

Nnamdi isn't great at zone (see early season struggles with Eagles) and Hall is attrocious in man (see Oakland).

Are you referring to DHall's comments or your radio show? If you are lauding your show, then damn. Talk about a shameless plug.

No I am referring to Chris Cooley and I dont need to plug my show. We are a weekend show. Unlike many we understand who we are. Just chiming in as a member of XS.

hope thats cool with you champ

Look at the top rank defenses from yesterday, all of them give up points. I have no problem with this D at all (* maybe Haslett a little).

Offensively this is as Zorny as it gets, 17 points a game guys its the league average. Gotta score.

It's to the point where I feel like, if this team could just score 17 points a game, our defense would lock it down and shut down the other team. It's gotta be balls hard to be doing your job while the offense is sinking like a stone. I can't blame the players, especially on defense, for wanting Rex to play. Rex was balls, but he could at least orchestrate a drive down the field with some consistency, and if they were lucky, his mistakes would be offset by the points he scored.

I just don't think anyone on offense plays with confidence when Beck's out there. Running open all day and not getting the ball must suck.

Grossman has outplayed Beck so far this season. I think we should just go back to Grossman (I was one that was calling for his head also) because he is definetly the better of the two options. Either way, we need to draft a QB in the first round next year. I am also tired of seeing open recievers down field for easy touchdowns not getting the ball because Beck is eyeballing one reciever. This coaching staff is putting the opportunities out there for them to make big plays, Beck is failing to make them or see them.

He's done an good job this year overall, and as of late. I'm sick of this D-Hall getting a bad rep. He is a starting caliber CB, and one of the better ones in this Division.

IN THE MEANTIME, everything he said is accurate, and true. Hell of a job by the defense, and pitiful job by the QB and the coaching staff in preparing and making a choice of allowing a terrible starter start the game.

DeAngello Hall is the biggest con job in the NFL. Bottom line is he gives up a ton of yards and a ton of completions on a regular basis. The 49ers went to town on him yesterday and he was nowhere near their receivers. As far as the division goes he's barely in the top 10. All three Eagles CB's are better, Webster and Thomas are better, Mike Jenkins is better and hell Josh Wilson is probably better too. A player that got worked over so much in one game needs to keep his mouth shut.

DeAngello Hall is the biggest con job in the NFL. Bottom line is he gives up a ton of yards and a ton of completions on a regular basis. The 49ers went to town on him yesterday and he was nowhere near their receivers. As far as the division goes he's barely in the top 10. All three Eagles CB's are better, Webster and Thomas are better, Mike Jenkins is better and hell Josh Wilson is probably better too. A player that got worked over so much in one game needs to keep his mouth shut.

got worked? the 49ers threw for 200 yards yesterday. about 95 of them went to RB/TE, which means WR caught about 105 yards and no TDs worth of passes.

please explain how Dhall was "worked".

got worked? the 49ers threw for 200 yards yesterday. about 95 of them went to RB/TE, which means WR caught about 105 yards and no TDs worth of passes.

He was targeted the entire game and gave up a handful of completions. Their completion percentage when targeting him had to be in the 80% neighborhood at best, which is a far more relevant stat, as nice as it is to be able to look at the box score and add up the yards.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that laughed at the claim that DHall got "worked" yesterday. That was a good one. The hatred towards this guy is amazing---now we've got fans making things up just to keep the hate going.

seriously, at this point thats what it looks like. rex definitely played better than beck did, dont get me wrong, rex sucked, but beck is much worse.

i think the only logical explanation is they wanna give beck a few more starts to see if he can improve. so far hes gotten worse or stayed just as bad.

hes accounted for 31 points in 12 quarters as a starter.

I'd have a hard time with this qb issue, trying to find any light in a sea of darkness.

It wasn't too long ago when Rex was in there, throwing pic after pic, especially when WE finally got one, only to give it right back. 4 pics isn't worthy by any imagination, and the chatter for Beck grew loud; now Beck is in there, and the chatter is for Rex. Funny how it was mentioned the players were all for Beck coming in when Rex was chunking pics left and right, and now its said that the players want Rex back in.

Sounds like the players aren't really sure what they want, outside of a competent qb.

I'm not saying Beck is the answer, but he's not the turnover machine Rex was becoming, and Rex has a proven track record of playing crappy; just leave Beck in and get this season behind us, go to the draft hungry and wise, and we'll all be better later...

He was targeted the entire game and gave up a handful of completions. Their completion percentage when targeting him had to be in the 80% neighborhood at best, which is a far more relevant stat, as nice as it is to be able to look at the box score and add up the yards.

id really just like to know how many passes he gave up. im willing to bet he gave up 50 yards or less from edwards and crabtree.

he didnt get worked at all, our linebackers got worked. you wanna talk about getting worked, call out rocky mcintosh for his suckfest in coverage.

id really just like to know how many passes he gave up. im willing to bet he gave up 50 yards or less from edwards and crabtree.

he didnt get worked at all, our linebackers got worked. you wanna talk about getting worked, call out rocky mcintosh for his suckfest in coverage.

Of course McIntosh had a bad game but that's not what we're talking about. The completion success rate other teams have when throwing at Hall has been off the charts, and in the end that's how you judge if a CB is any good. Yesterday's game was no different.

That was the second time D. Hall called our show and I have to at least respect that even though he gets alot of grief. He respects our show because we play no favorites and will call anyone to task who is messing up... which MANY were.

Its better than being paid to go on and carry the company line of we can be better and we are trying and will get better.

You need to get John Beck on your show, that would be funny.

DeAngelo Hall just said about the offense: "They weren't jumping on our backs when we were 31st in the league last year [on defense]. It's not right for us to do that to them"

You mean Capt foot in mouth is back tracking? I am growing tired of this guy throwing teammates and coaches under the bus in the media. Is this what your team leadership is?

He gets paid more than a "starting caliber" CB. He talks more trash than a "starting caliber CB".

Think he is at BEST 6th best corner in this division and I take Wilson above him. He is Fred Smoot with a bigger pricetag.

He tackles well. He shouldnt be having to tackle anything. He earns his bad rep around here.

Lax - maybe you and I disagree on the ranking of him in the division, but I would have him way over Wilson. Wilson has created less turnovers than D-Hall and has had his poor moments as well.

So yesterday, there wwere 107 yards by WR, total. 24 of them were on a catch and run by Edwards with Wilson covering (and DHall made the tackle) and the other was a 6 yard gain against Hall. So now we are down to 83 yards (including the 6) that could be D-Halls. Which they weren't all his, and to say they were would be unfair.

It's unreal how one guy gets hate, because he's out there either showing frustration or trying to pump his players up.

This guy won 2 games last year, and his INT/FF in the TB game made it a comeback if it wasn't for the inept Extra Point team. Quit writing people off because they don't have an enourmous amount of INT, or whatever other stat. Back your random statements up with some sort of research.

This team SUCKS, but the DEFENSE is playing their minds out. If i was on defense, i would be ripping the O a new one. We all would.

Doc Walker was saying it this morning too. He is on the sideline and it's obvious the players have no confidence in Becky.

The game is lost before it's even played as long as Becky starts. The players don't trust or believe in him.

If this is true, then you'd have to think they don't have much confidence in what Mike Shanahan is doing either. This is what worries me about Shanahan, the fact that he could be losing the team while forcing Beck down their throats. This defense is one of the bright spots on the team.

Archived