Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grilled Cheese Question!

HRNY4ZRNY

I remember being in high school/ middle school and ordering the grilled cheese. I thought it was really good!

I remember it being crispy... like the bread was crispy all the way through not just on top. So I just made 2 grilled cheeses and they turned out soggy.

How the hell do you make the bread really crispy? Did they bake there grilled cheeses?

its important that you get the bread on the butter while the butter is still sizzling. once its sizzle dies out, you're left with sog.

Also, something to try out, after getting the bread all nice and toasty, put some cheddar cheese on the outside of the bread and caramelize it on there.

I cook them on a frying pan (on medium), which I butter the pan for both sides of the sandwich (which I believes helps give it the golden brown look and crisp), and allow them to cook for about 2 minutes, and then I take them off and then butter the pan again for the other side of the sandwich and cook the other side for the same amount of time.

its important that you get the bread on the butter while the butter is still sizzling. once its sizzle dies out, you're left with sog.

Also, something to try out, after getting the bread all nice and toasty, put some cheddar cheese on the outside of the bread and caramelize it on there.

Sounds awesome...

I just brushed on some olive oil on all 4 sides of the bread, toasted both sides... It turned out much crispier. Doing both side helped but butter tastes better than olive oil.

First, fry up some bacon. After the bacon is crispy, take it out but leave the grease in the pan, on medium. Then put a single piece of thick, good bread in the pan with some good cheese on top. I like a mix of sharp chedder and fresh mozzerella. Cover the pan for ~2 minutes. Toast the bread until the cheese starts to melt. Then add the crisped bacon to the melted cheese, add another piece of bread on top. Flip the sandwich and toast the other side. Dip sandwich in cranberry jelly and consume. Remember to breathe.

Just put some butter on the bread but not too much and grill it on each side until they both look nice and crispy and you should be good to go.

This

If you make it in a frying pan, it will turn out crispier than if you cook it in a griddle. I only recently started making my grilled cheese's in a frying pan as opposed to a griddle/George Foreman grill

And this. Throw a little salt or garlic salt on the bread after you butter it. For a Colossal grilled cheese add some grilled onions, peppers, and diced tomatoes.:drooley:

First, fry up some bacon. After the bacon is crispy, take it out but leave the grease in the pan, on medium. Then put a single piece of thick, good bread in the pan with some good cheese on top. I like a mix of sharp chedder and fresh mozzerella. Cover the pan for ~2 minutes. Toast the bread until the cheese starts to melt. Then add the crisped bacon to the melted cheese, add another piece of bread on top. Flip the sandwich and toast the other side. Dip sandwich in cranberry jelly and consume. Remember to breathe.

I think you just became my hero, that sounds like the most delicious thing ever.

Archived