Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's more popular: College football or Major League Baseball?

LeesburgSkinFan

I hate to say it, but I think it is CFB. Look at this week-end. Alabama had 600 (!) requests for media credentials. No way would you get that many for a regular season baseball game (unless it was a record breaking situation).

I really feel like baseball is going to become like the NHL. A devoted following especially in cities that have teams, but not a huge national following.

I think this is very similar to another discussion on here a while back...it is all about how you choose to rate it. Is it based on TV numbers or live games, is it based on how many people rate each one as their favorite or how many have it in their top three. If you told me which one you wanted me to support, im sure i could show you very good numbers about why one is more popular than the other. You also have to look at regional issues. In the south maybe they care about SEC football and not MLB, maybe in the northeast they love their MLB more than college football (afterall, all that red sox, yankee, phillies and mets money comes from fans).

To me, this is imposible to answer.

I hate to say it, but I think it is CFB. Look at this week-end. Alabama had 600 (!) requests for media credentials. No way would you get that many for a regular season baseball game (unless it was a record breaking situation).

#1 vs. #2 in November isn't really the equivalent of a MLB regular season game. In fact, depending on the outcome of this game and few others, this could essentially be a playoff game for these two teams.

At worst, this would be the equivalent of a one-game play-in game at the end of the MLB regular season.

Pretty much depends on where you live. Simple as that.

In the South and Midwest, college football. In the Northeast and West Coast, its MLB.

(with some exceptions, of course. For example, people in Chicago and St Louis care more about baseball even though they are in the Midwest)

College football AINEC

Where do you live?

I guarantee you that MLB is bigger in New York, Chicago, LA, Philly, SF, Boston, and plenty of other places that have a heck of a lot of people living in them.

(I'm not saying MLB is the answer to the OP's question, by the way. The answer is regional. and the NFL rules all.)

I find it really hard to compare popularity of baseball with football because baseball just has so many games. If there were only 10-15 baseball games/season I'm pretty sure they'd all be packed and ratings would skyrocket.

And I agree with Predicto that your opinion will differ depending on where you are from.

Archived