Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This sunday can change momentum

WeBB15

I know we have our injuries and inept offense, and theres really no credibility to say why this team will win...

All I know is its early in the season, we are 3-4 with the Dolphins coming after this game, then the Cowboys, then at Seattle(I know, we suck there)... But ANY GIVEN SUNDAY, This is a good 9ers team that will surely boost our pride and momentum even if we just play a close game... if we somehow use Torain more than 15 times for a 4.0 avg at least and use screen passes and play action effectively even just a few times, along with getting to Alex Smith forcing turnovers or 3 and outs, we may come out with a win... and going into Miami, thatll add another win for momentum for Dallas!....

Cmon fans, dont lose all hope yet!... I know its hard every sunday for the past decade and a half to watch this team fail and not execute when they need to... but thats why we are fans, to keep the faith and pride no matter what, and we still have plenty of games to go for the NFC east playoff race.

Until we are out of the playoff race for sure, I will not give up and become pessimistic!

Hail.

I mean, you're right in being optimistic.... it's being the "token" fan... but our injuries are pretty crucial. Not saying it can't happen, and I do enjoy seeing our rookies get their shot. Hopefully Freddy D. will play, cus he just happens to be our entire offense. And hopefully we can play with 15 guys on defense and stack the box so we may have a chance at finally stopping a Running Back. I'm ok with it either way, a win is a win and a loss puts us in better position for Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, etc... I do enjoy the optimism though and I try to stay that way as well

WeBB15 - Ill put it this way in terms of optimism... Id be willing to bet that at least 85% of us on here are tired and frustrated of mediocrity but come Sunday, we all have the glimmer of hope that we will pull it out and I guarantee you that most do not turn away from the screen or turn the tv to other games because we are what we are...'Skins fans! Besdies, these are the only times that I am actually able to afford tix to games

If this is a crucial game than you can expect us to lose. We dont win games that mean anything since Gibbs 2.0

Given our history we will probably play down to the Dolphins but thats saying that we are actually better than them. We'll be extremely lucky not to lose.

Dallas has shown that they can play against good teams. Gave the Patriots a run for their money but then layed flat for the Eagles. Not sure which Dallas team we'll see and it really doesent matter as games against them are always close.

Going into Seattle is a nightmare. Always has been.

Then we have the Jets......Thats could get real ugly.

Wont have to trade that far up come draft day.

If Rex plays, there's a chance we turn momentum. If we trot out Beck, all is lost.

I expect Beck to get one half.... If he doesn't work it, he's going to get an opportunity to warm the bench. This team had a TERRIBLE showing last week, but I agree, we aren't as bad as that game.

If we win this Sunday then I can see us being at 7-4 after the Seahawks. Miami and Seattle should be wins and Trent should be back for Dallas (possibly Miami). At that point, I believe Monty will be back at center and our only oline shuffle will be at LG

youre right about "any given sunday", but i have lowered my expectations quite a bit since beck came in and the oline suffered injuries.

i'd like to see an appearance in the red zone this week and more than 1 td scored by our offense before the 4th quarter.

---------- Post added November-2nd-2011 at 04:46 PM ----------

If we win this Sunday then I can see us being at 7-4 after the Seahawks. Miami and Seattle should be wins and Trent should be back for Dallas (possibly Miami). At that point, I believe Monty will be back at center and our only oline shuffle will be at LG

i dont think any matchup should be a win right now. our offense has really been that bad.

It comes to this point every year, and the reality is that the season is not magically turning around at this point. We couldn't put up 1 ******* point against the Bills who gave up 20+ to the Bengals and 30+ to the Raiders. There is no magic for our o-line and this game is not going to be pretty. But hey, I've done the same wishful thinking every damn year and there is no reason to stop now.

Skins 5

49er's 3

i agree. if we can beat the 49ers on sunday, we can most likely go to miami and beat them. thats 5-4. then i expect the game against dallas to be a big game.

---------- Post added November-2nd-2011 at 09:01 PM ----------

Stop. Just stop.

why.....if you are bothered with this, dont click on the thread. i think the team will win 4 straight.

If we can't run AT ALL on the Bills, then there is no chance against the 49ers, oh and 10 ****ing sacks? Thats beyond ridiculous.

We may as well just go for the highest draft pick possible now. Is there a fan anywhere on this planet that believes that this team can win the Super Bowl this year? I guarantee you Shanahan doesn't believe we can.

It is laughable how people on this board just put a win in the column for the Miami game. The almost beat the Giants this weekend for one thing and secondly, this Redskins team should not be putting a win in the column for any team they face until after the game is over. They just got shut out by the 30th ranked defense in the league.

I dont see how we are going to compete with a banged up OL, so so RB's and the little men crew at WR's.. Who is going to get the ball to them? JB looks lost, misses wide open WR's and steps in to the oncoming arms of the DL. I am ok with losing, hell we have been losers for 20 years now but as long as we are getting better which I dont see that we are! There is no progression, we are going backwards and we have some tough teams to play, if things dont better its going to be embarrasing when we play Dallas, Philly, Giants and the Patriots... Oh forgot, the Jets!!

Your right it could change alot if we win Sunday. But do we really want it to? This team is not Playoff or Championship caliber. I think we are at the point where we have to admit that we need to draft a franchise QB. Every win this year helps to prevent that from happening. What if John Beck starts playing just well enough to win us a few games. Does that really help the franchise for the long haul?

Archived