Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PS3 for bday

MissU28

I think I'm going to get my boyfriend a PS3 for his birthday. He used to have XBox 360, but the red ring of death happened. I know he would really love a PS3, and I know he will be surprised, too.

The cheapest one is $249.99 on Amazon and Best Buy (160Gig). Is this basic one fine? I know it only comes with one controller, but he'll be playing it by himself 99% of the time, so he doesn't need an extra controller. And I know it doesn't come with any games, but he can take care of that.

So I just want to be sure that this "cheap" version is good, even though it doesn't have all the bells and whistles.

I think that should be fine. I still have the old Foreman Grill sized 80 gig, and got it when it first came out. And as far as I know, they all come with one controller.

well, there are bundles that come with more than one controller

well, there are bundles that come with more than one controller

Yeah that's right, forgot about those. All of the regular standard models come with one controller,and that's what I was thinking of. Some of the bundles may cost less in the long run, but if he's not an avid gamer, he should be good. You are very thoughtful.

Yeah that's right, forgot about those. All of the regular standard models come with one controller,and that's what I was thinking of. Some of the bundles may cost less in the long run, but if he's not an avid gamer, he should be good. You are very thoughtful.

well, I was going to buy him Redskins/49ers tickets because he is a huge 9ers fan, but he is the godfather in a Christening this weekend so he kinda has to go to that instead. Then I was going to buy him tickets the the 9ers/Ravens game on Thanksgiving, but he will be in Connecticut spending Thanksgiving with his mom. I guess i would have spent the same amount on tickets anyway.

---------- Post added November-1st-2011 at 07:35 PM ----------

That'll do. Get him BF3 too.

what is that

If he still has the XBOX why not just get it fixed?

I think it was expensive or too much hassle or I don't know. I don't even know what he did with it. We moved cross-country, and he may have even trashed it. And I know he has wanted a PS3 instead.

Battlefield 3 ... just came out.

I got a 120 gig two years ago when they dropped the price to $299. Its worked fine for me and I have about 10 games installed with no problems.

Oh, ok. Maybe for Christmas- he is more into sports games like Madden, and he also really likes the Mafia games. He hasn't shown much interest in COD or first-person shooter games. Since I plan to take him out to a nice dinner, too, I'm going to let him buy his own games.

I think it was expensive or too much hassle or I don't know. I don't even know what he did with it. We moved cross-country, and he may have even trashed it. And I know he has wanted a PS3 instead.

Depending on the age MS might fix it for free in a couple o weeks.

Depending on the age MS might fix it for free in a couple o weeks.

He bought it second-hand from a friend, and had none of the original info. The xbox was a few years old when he bought it. I think we looked into it, but it was not going to be free.

Archived