Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Out of our depth

Burgold

I think the biggest problem is that all our outside linebackers are converted d ends and just are iffy in space. Rob Jackson is a decent pass rusher, but is horrible at contain. Orakpo likewise is best on the edge and has gotten better, but can be taken out of a play. Our Cbs are not filling in on run support and are too easily blocked and our safeties aren't getting there.

Shanahan cannot work miracles, we are a good 3 offseasons of solid drafting away from putting together a competitive team.

Thank you Vinny.

Spot on! Can't turn this thing around overnight. We are building when you are paper thin across the board, a rash of injuries can destroy you. There was no magic free agent solution. I think the offseason moves were about as good as they could get.

Is there something about the D that can be exploited by an offense that I am not seeing? It sure seems like other teams have figured out something and are taking advantage of it. I've heard the 3-4 is risky against the run and get burned for big yardage if not implemented properly.

A 3-4 is death against the run if you don't have a NT and decent two-gap tackles. We...well...you see.

I think the defense actually understands the scheme this year, which is a massive improvement over last year where no one knew what the hell they were doing. I still think we have a lot of mis-matched parts - like 3/4 of our linebackers.

Lets honestly look at our D this year.

I was one was not happy the we signed primarily 4-3 Nose tackle (Coefield) and 4-3 end Bowens to be our starting NT and DE. We also ahve converted DE as our outside LB's. Plus we really do need proper 3-4 inside LB's.

We also need another CB. So right there we need 4-5 starters on Defense alone. I don't see us really being a decent game in game out competitive team till the start of the 2013 season...We will have two more drafts and Free agent go arounds to really mold this team...Heck we just really started to draft properly this year.

I just keep biting my lip when I read these posts. IMHO most of these posts spot on about our lack of depth and how exposed we are. It was so frustrating watching Fred Jackson running at will against us. Granted, he's been doing that all year, but didn't we do anything to gameplan for him?

Beck getting sacked nine times was a nightmare. I'm no coach but most of those, he just didn't have a chance to make a play. Why don't we move Montgomery back to Center where he can call the protections and get our best available OL to play LG? I'm still scratching my head wondering why we have Eric Cook at Center calling our protection schemes. I don't know....just another frustrated Skins fan here...

Hail!

Heard Chris Russell on 980 say that someone on the staff who asked not to be identified claimed six of the nine sacks were Beck's fault.

I watched them all and I would say 2 maybe 3 were Becks fault. Maybe he was holding the ball a second too long. So instead of him getting sacked he is getting hit as he is throwing. Either way I chalk them up as mostly the Olines fault

Archived