Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USAToday: Cowboys down to two backs after cutting Tashard Choice

pjfootballer

Choice was cut.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/10/cowboys-cut-tashard-choice/1

The Dallas Cowboys are down another running back after waiving Tashard Choice on Saturday, the team announced on its website. The move was first reported by ESPNDallas.com and later confirmed by the NFL Network's Michael Lombardi and Choice himself on his Twitter page.

"I just want to say thanks to all the great dallas cowboy fans," Choice said on his

The Cowboys waived Choice on Saturday.CAPTIONBy Tim Heitman, US Presswirepage. "My time in Dallas has come to an end and the best is yet come. God bless."

The move comes six days after Choice started for the Cowboys in their 34-7 win over the winless St. Louis Rams. Choice started, but only gained 8 yards on two carries before leaving the game with a shoulder injury.

I'm not usually the guy to want castoffs, but I would love to pick him up. I liked him in that draft and I think he's been a good pro.

How so? 3rd string running back who plays NO Special teams?

Every time he's touched the ball the past two years, he's fumbled.

He should be thanking Garrett for keeping him employed and making these checks to do nothing.

---------- Post added October-29th-2011 at 06:14 PM ----------

I understand he was a cowboy, but I always thought he was the best all-around back the Cowboys had back in the Marion Barber, Felix Jones days. I wouldnt mind trying him out.

Dallas running backs are all smoke and mirrors since Emmitt left.

Look at Hambrick, Julius, Marion, Felix etc. When they aren't the guy, they play well. When they are cast in the spot light, they stink it up.

How so? 3rd string running back who plays NO Special teams?

Every time he's touched the ball the past two years, he's fumbled.

He should be thanking Garrett for keeping him employed and making these checks to do nothing.

I see 3 career fumbles.

He's averaged 4.6 a carry for his career, decent receiver and blocker, well-respected.

I'll take him.

I see 3 career fumbles.

He's averaged 4.6 a carry for his career, decent receiver and blocker, well-respected.

I'll take him.

3 career fumbles ... 1 against the Skins that cost us the game ... another cost us another game ... and 1 against the Rams.

A lot of his yards are from his rookie season. He was a beast his rookie season, but after that his faltered out. Better hope your starter plays special teams because Choice doesn't.

3 career fumbles ... 1 against the Skins that cost us the game ... another cost us another game ... and 1 against the Rams.

A lot of his yards are from his rookie season. He was a beast his rookie season, but after that his faltered out. Better hope your starter plays special teams because Choice doesn't.

Except he was better in his 2nd year.

And most RBs don't play special teams.

What team's 3rd RB's don't play special teams? Isn't that part of the deal? Especially if you barely get any carries?

It depends on what type of player you are. I don't remember Jones doing it when he was playing less than Choice. Betts and Torain aren't guys I remember seeing much of on coverage units. It's common for Halfback types not to be used on STs.

Archived