Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

They should completely blank out this season as an Exhibition Season - Blame the Lockout!!

timdaley73

With Peyton Manning and Chris Cooley "blaming" the lockout as the main reason why their seasons were either shortened or not started at all, I think the NFL should just blank out this season, treating the entire season as an exhibition season.

For these overpriced athletes to blame that they weren't able to get the right treatment/therapy because they weren't allowed to go in to the facilities and see their trainers is ridiculous! They make way too much money and they can't afford their own therapists/trainers?!?!

Let me put this into an anology... It's like Rex Grossman saying, he got benched because of the lockout. He wasn't able to get his hands on an official NFL football to throw during the lockout! COME ON MAN! Get real! Go spend a few bucks of YOUR own money! This is your career and your life! The NFL team does not have to issue you your own underwear, condoms, and dumbells for you to utilize those things!!

I blame the lockout on these prima donna players making millions of dollars playing a "game" at the expense of hard earned money the fans spend! I blame this inconsistent season on those players!!

A lack of Re's usually indicates a lack of public interest in your thread topic.

And/or a bad thread title. Possibly both.

Suggesting the entire season be thrown away despite not having missed any official games is a pretty stupid idea IMO.

That wasn't actually the point. This would instead appear to be a complaint about Cooley saying that if he had had access to team doctors and trainers year round, instead of after the lock-out, his season might not be over.

I for one (and i guess i am indeed the ONLY one) completely get the post. I read the story i think he probably read on my phone last night about Cooley and thought it was ridiculous. The OP has a good point, and i think some of you are taking it too literal. I don't think he is actually suggesting the NFL disregard the season. I think its more of a dramatic statement to get his point that he is pissed off about how ridiculous it is and these guys dont deserve a paycheck if thats how they feel.

I dont think its all that farfetched and bad of a post.

With Peyton Manning and Chris Cooley "blaming" the lockout as the main reason why their seasons were either shortened or not started at all, I think the NFL should just blank out this season, treating the entire season as an exhibition season.

For these overpriced athletes to blame that they weren't able to get the right treatment/therapy because they weren't allowed to go in to the facilities and see their trainers is ridiculous! They make way too much money and they can't afford their own therapists/trainers?!?!

Let me put this into an anology... It's like Rex Grossman saying, he got benched because of the lockout. He wasn't able to get his hands on an official NFL football to throw during the lockout! COME ON MAN! Get real! Go spend a few bucks of YOUR own money! This is your career and your life! The NFL team does not have to issue you your own underwear, condoms, and dumbells for you to utilize those things!!

I blame the lockout on these prima donna players making millions of dollars playing a "game" at the expense of hard earned money the fans spend! I blame this inconsistent season on those players!!

I agree that these guys do have money and can afford to have a therapist or trainer but a lot of the issues are self inflicted ones. When you get injured and are trying to come back you want that treatment for free just like any of us would. If you go to work and are getting free babysitting care and all of a sudden they start making you pay for it, will make us all feel it unfair. It is a benefit that the teams provide for players because they both have a vested interest in each other. The team wants them in playing shape and they want to get paid. So it is a win/win situation. It is the same thing I was trying to saying about the babysitting service (probably a bad comparison). The business provides the service to their employees so that they keep them happy and focused on the job instead of worrying about their child. I would never label Peyton Manning or Chris Cooley as Prima Donna's because these guys are the last guys seen complaining about anything.

You have to think about the way contracts are written though. I think they get treatment away from the team at their own risk. IE.....Payton has surgery during lockout and can't play. Team doctor looks at MRI and says he didn't need surgery, team says, ok we aren't paying you. I think the issue is a little more complex than just, we didn't go to a doctor because we didn't feel like it.

Actually Cooley did say that he shouldve gotten care for it during the lockout but this (lockout) is all new to alot of players and didnt realize how bad it actually was. He shouldve known however how bad it was because it didnt happen during the off season. IDK. I wouldnt call Cooley and Peyton prima donnas either. Least of all Peyton. I do agree that players make way to much money to rely on the training staff to take care of them but, when its all youve known...I guess money has a way of stupifing you. Wish i had that problem.lol.

BTW,thats a good point 2cents, something to think about.

I don't know if that's how it is, but I think so. When I was in the Army, even if you were seeing a crappy Dr., that's who you had to see. If I paid out of pocket for something and the Army found out, if it caused a condition where I couldn't stay in the Army, they could kick me out and take away all my benefits.

Some of you guys really need to learn how to read between the lines... Yes, this was in response to Chris Cooley blaming the lockout for his shortened season. Yes, Peyton Manning did not and probably will not play this season because of the lockout. No, I am not really asking this season be blanked out as an exhibition season. Yes, this Redskins team is inconsistent. Yes, this season is over for the Redskins. Yes, I blame the players and their greed for the making the lockout longer than it needed to be... So, you live by the sword, you die by the sword!

...Don't think Cooley was really blaming the lockout. He acknowledged that he should've taken better care of himself, but said he was hurt by the lockout because he couldn't get in touch with team doctors and rehab the way he wanted to. And I don't think Peyton's blamed the lockout at all.

Lighten up, dude. It's not that serious.

Problem is, an independent doctor doesn't have their medical files. The team doctor does and if an independent doctor sees them, it's like starting from the beginning. I think the players should at least been able to talk to the team doctors and trainers during the lockout. The team doctor and trainer pretty much know the history of said player (Cooley for instance) and may have been able to better get him ready for the season than an unknown.

Hmm, the way i read the article Cooley was kinda blaming himself for not taking the injury seriously. He was just saying that if he had of had access to the training staff, they would have made him take it more seriously.

Too bad about Cooley, kinda a bad way to go out.

I understand the rationale on blaming the lockout that is fine, I think Cooley definitely comes back next year. Cooley is the type of player that is willing to restructure to help out his team, plus Paulsen and Davis looks like a good TE combo as well and having Cooley back will just show how deep they really are at TE.

Well, it seems to me that given the proper set of parameters and using unviresally accepted constant measuring increments to study the base effect of how the the axis floats upon the median hypotenuse, i can safely say with all confidence

who ****ing cares.

~Bang

Archived