Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the rams get the 1st overall pick (trade proposal)

Malcomb Kelly's Knees

I have a classmate thats a diehard rams fan and we talked about this today, he thought it sounded great so I'll post it. I think if the rams lose out and have the 1st overall pick they'd fire spags no doubt and that would make Bradford just as expendable as Luck during the draft.

So lets say the rams go 1-15, or 2-14; fire spags; hire cowher.

New coach normally means new QB and they'd essentially have a sure thing in Luck, while still being able to trade Bradford who has slightly lesser value than Luck with nowhere near the upside.

Now lets keep in mind, alot of people seem to believe Shanahasbeen and his son were huge on Bradford coming out.

What would you offer to the Rams in this situation, also assume we are picking outside of the top 10, somewhere like 13-14 7-9,8-8.

Keep in mind that bradford was the 1st overall pick 2 drafts ago and will hold value as such, I'd offer our 2012 1st,2nd,4th, 2013 2nd+4th, along with a 3rd in 2013 that could turn into a 2nd based on performance. If they didn't bite on that I'd also offer DeAngelo Hall and or Santana Moss. I am not willing to part ways with Kerrigan or Orakpo plus Rocky,Davis,Cooley, and Landry are all Free Agents at this point and can't be traded unless they get tagged.

/discuss

The Shannys were high on John Beck too coming out. That's not a huge endorsement. I say no. I'd rather have Landry Jones.

Say no to Lan...dro? Tried to make a rhyme there and failed. But seriously, I want nothing to do with Landry Jones. He's not as good a QB as Bradford, he plays at the same school Bradford did, and he hasn't been consistent enough to warrant the praise he's gotten. For him, returning to school is the best bet, in my opinion.

Yup, exactly.

Also, what if Beck turns out to be our guy? What if we win the Super Bowl?

Beck isn't going to be our guy long term. If he is, that's not good. Beck is a capable backup. Heck, he may be able to lead us for a few years as a starter, but he's not a long term solution.

The offer would have to start with 1st round choices in 2012 & 2013 plus additional picks plus a player from the roster. Also, the Rams are not going to trade Bradford with the investment they have in development and money. Also, I'm betting the Phins get the first pick so this all adds up to no deal to get Bradford.

I'd rather have Tannehill or Griffin before Bradford if we can't get Luck by some miracle.

I honestly think Sam isn't as good as his rookie year would indicate.

Oh, I think he is and more.

The question mark, if there is a question mark, would the near constant abuse he's taken behind St Louis near non-existent line. 55 sacks in 21 pro games is a heck of a lot of early punishment for a guy to carry around.

Hail.

man, this has got to be the 3rd or 4th thread on this topic - all were subsequently closed.

Yeah, I would wish we saved these for after the season is done. If Beck plays well enough to put us in contention for the division, or a wildcard, why would we waste potential role players/starters of our future for a QB who hasn't played in the NFL yet.

If Beck can keep us in contention, we can draft a QB in 2nd or 3rd round without rushing him out there, while at the same time saving our future and drafting good players.

Oh, I think he is and more.

The question mark, if there is a question mark, would the near constant abuse he's taken behind St Louis near non-existent line. 55 sacks in 21 pro games is a heck of a lot of early punishment for a guy to carry around.

Hail.

After watching him sack himself against us a few times you have to wonder how much of that is on the line. I haven't watched enough of their games to see if that display he put up against us was typical or just a bad day but he sort of reminded me of Patrick Ramsey's complete lack of pocket presense and how much better the line look when Tim Hasselbeck was in there.

Keep in mind that bradford was the 1st overall pick 2 drafts ago and will hold value as such' date=' I'd offer our [b']2012[/b] 1st,2nd,4th, 2013 2nd+4th, along with a 3rd in 2013 that could turn into a 2nd based on performance.

How could you offer a 2nd in 2013 AND a 3rd in 2013 that could turn into a 2nd? Do we have two second rounders in 2013?

Now lets keep in mind' date=' alot of people seem to believe Shanahasbeen and his son were huge on Bradford coming out.

What would you offer to the Rams in this situation, also assume we are picking outside of the top 10, somewhere like 13-14 7-9,8-8.

[/quote']

Yes, they were high and probably still are. Shanny said in an interview after the draft if he had the #1 overall pick he would've drafted Bradford without hesitating saying he's a once in a decade qb. However, the way things are going now and looking at this team's schedule with the injuries this team is probably picking in the top 10 this year. My guess is 8-10 since I think they'll be 6-10 or 7-9 at the very best now.

Keep in mind that bradford was the 1st overall pick 2 drafts ago and will hold value as such' date=' I'd offer our [b']2012[/b] 1st,2nd,4th, 2013 2nd+4th, along with a 3rd in 2013 that could turn into a 2nd based on performance. If they didn't bite on that I'd also offer DeAngelo Hall and or Santana Moss. I am not willing to part ways with Kerrigan or Orakpo plus Rocky,Davis,Cooley, and Landry are all Free Agents at this point and can't be traded unless they get tagged.

Way too many picks for one guy with all of the holes this team needs. I would say at most Shanny would be willing to part with a 1st this year and a 1st next year. The Rams won't take that most likely if they did want Luck that badly. Also, D Hall or Moss won't sweeten the pot because the Rams would be rebuilding again. We're the only team that rebuilds with 30+ vets.

What's going to happen if we're in the top ten is that Shanny will fall in love with a qb, probably not Luck since he's going #1 and shanny will go after them if he feels he has a chance to trade up cheaply. He's not going to break the bank to trade up for an elite qb because this team still needs OL depth, a playmaker at wr, another dl, and ilb not to mention more depth at these positions and others.

Archived