Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Helping a neighbor: Crawlspace

Thiebear

My neighbor has water damage in the crawlspace with a couple joists rotted through and a couple more getting that way.

What kind of document do i need her to sign to keep this from becoming a liability?

Step1: Dig a hole, put in a bucket/sumppump and get the water out of there, find that drip i can hear.

(its spooky under there with the insulation wet and falling down). Put down a thick plastic 100' sheet, only a quarter area covered at this point.

Step2: Sister good joists to the bad and then remove the bad, put up bridges between the new pressure treated 2x8s. Jack up the joists to make it nice and level. Dig 6 (posthole cement) add a 4x4 post.

Step3: Replace an 8x8 section of 1x6 subfloor and plywood floor that is rotted through.

My neighbor has water damage in the crawlspace with a couple joists rotted through and a couple more getting that way.

What kind of document do i need her to sign to keep this from becoming a liability?

Step1: Dig a hole, put in a bucket/sumppump and get the water out of there, find that drip i can hear.

(its spooky under there with the insulation wet and falling down). Put down a thick plastic 100' sheet, only a quarter area covered at this point.

Step2: Sister good joists to the bad and then remove the bad, put up bridges between the new pressure treated 2x8s. Jack up the joists to make it nice and level. Dig 6 (posthole cement) add a 4x4 post.

Step3: Replace an 8x8 section of 1x6 subfloor and plywood floor that is rotted through.

So you're doing this work for her, and you want a contract that will protect you in the event your repairs don't work and there is further damage to the house, correct?

Is she paying you anything at all?

Send me a PM, including what state you're in, and I'll give you some ideas.

Archived