Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good game Packers but honestly **** the HB SLIP SCREEN

kiingspadee

I just hate that even when I play a mix of man and flat zones the defense runs straight through the line and does not flow to the screen. I almost always play the DL and by time I can see that it is a HB Slip Screen it's too late and they always have 3-4 blockers. When it is inside the 20 it is almost an automatic touchdown.

He ran it like two or three times.....just hate that damn play! I will be happy when that play gets the axe

I ran the halfback screen twice in the game and once I only got a couple yards and the other I got a first down. I don't how you think you should have won the game I beat yoou by 11 and missed 2 field goals in a freakin dome.You hit guys deep when I had you blanketed too.The one Jennings caught and ran in he had a step on your safety.The one Cobb caught right before half was luck, but it was still 1 on 1 man coverage and time was running out and I was out of timeouts. There were F'ed up plays on both sides like Snelling breaking tackles like he's a freakin Riggins clone for a 63 yard gain. Not mention you got a freakin gift on the first play of the stinkin game. I pretty much held your offense with the exception of 2 long td runs by Turner and the Riggo like run from Snelling.3 turnovers by both of us led to score be higher than it should have. Screens are apart of football its not like I over used it. Screens aren't that hard to sniff out either, if all the sudden your guys are breakin through the line like fat kids after chocolate cake then its probably a screen.

It shouldnt be used more than say 5 times.. never on same drive..

And I don't and never have. You played me when I had the Titans and I had Chris Johnson, I ran the screen like 2 times on you and you shut it down. It worked on him once and he stopped it once.

---------- Post added October-26th-2011 at 02:55 PM ----------

I dont have problems defending the screen in fact I like when people run it against me.

Thats what Im saying its not like its an illegal play or something and wouldn't the best time to use it be when he least suspects it. I think the one time it worked was on a 3rd down. NFL teams run screen on third downs all the time. I ran 2 flanker screen with Jennings that worked well too. I think one went like 15 for a TD. He trid to run a flanker screen too but it didn't work

And I don't and never have. You played me when I had the Titans and I had Chris Johnson, I ran the screen like 2 times on you and you shut it down. It worked on him once and he stopped it once.

i was speaking purely just for future.. thats why i was asking him for what you were doing.. hell.. i dont even remember you running it.. lol.

i was speaking purely just for future.. thats why i was asking him for what you were doing.. hell.. i dont even remember you running it.. lol.

Yeah I tried didn't work though. I dont't use it alot cause its a feast or famine play. If you get stopped its usually for a loss, but if you have a quick back its silly not to use it some

---------- Post added October-26th-2011 at 02:55 PM ----------

Thats what Im saying its not like its an illegal play or something and wouldn't the best time to use it be when he least suspects it. I think the one time it worked was on a 3rd down. NFL teams run screen on third downs all the time. I ran 2 flanker screen with Jennings that worked well too. I think one went like 15 for a TD. He trid to run a flanker screen too but it didn't work

Mechanics of the slip screen are wacked out a bit, makes it tough to defend sometimes.

I just looked back at the stats for the game it looks like D.Williams caught one ball for 38 yards and Larod Stephens-Howling caught one for 23 yard TD. Not sure if both were screens or not. The Stephens-Howling catch would have been on third down because I was using him as my 3rd down back

I ran the halfback screen twice in the game and once I only got a couple yards and the other I got a first down. I don't how you think you should have won the game I beat yoou by 11 and missed 2 field goals in a freakin dome.You hit guys deep when I had you blanketed too.The one Jennings caught and ran in he had a step on your safety.The one Cobb caught right before half was luck, but it was still 1 on 1 man coverage and time was running out and I was out of timeouts. There were F'ed up plays on both sides like Snelling breaking tackles like he's a freakin Riggins clone for a 63 yard gain. Not mention you got a freakin gift on the first play of the stinkin game. I pretty much held your offense with the exception of 2 long td runs by Turner and the Riggo like run from Snelling.3 turnovers by both of us led to score be higher than it should have. Screens are apart of football its not like I over used it. Screens aren't that hard to sniff out either, if all the sudden your guys are breakin through the line like fat kids after chocolate cake then its probably a screen.

I was saying **** the HB Slip Screen in general. I was not bashing you at all. I was saying that it is a play that pisses me off. I think you took this thread as me bashing you in some way I wasn't

---------- Post added October-26th-2011 at 09:54 PM ----------

Mechanics of the slip screen are wacked out a bit, makes it tough to defend sometimes.

THAT is my issue. I just feel that how it is designed it can be a game changer in a bad way. The TD on third down was huge and it being a slip screen burnt me a bit

I was saying **** the HB Slip Screen in general. I was not bashing you at all. I was saying that it is a play that pisses me off. I think you took this thread as me bashing you in some way I wasn't

---------- Post added October-26th-2011 at 09:54 PM ----------

THAT is my issue. I just feel that how it is designed it can be a game changer in a bad way. The TD on third down was huge and it being a slip screen burnt me a bit

Nah, Its cool, but it really isn't a hard play to stop if you sniff it out its basically like any play. I hate playing against the wild cat and think its hard to defend at times. Plays like that only work well if you set them up and catch the person off guard with it. I think if ended up telling people not to use the slp screen would hurt the games, because where does it stop and I know your not saying don't use it. Everybody has strengths and weaknesses, you think its hard to stop it others don't. In fact I haven't had much success with it so far.

Nah, Its cool, but it really isn't a hard play to stop if you sniff it out its basically like any play. I hate playing against the wild cat and think its hard to defend at times. Plays like that only work well if you set them up and catch the person off guard with it. I think if ended up telling people not to use the slp screen would hurt the games, because where does it stop and I know your not saying don't use it. Everybody has strengths and weaknesses, you think its hard to stop it others don't. In fact I haven't had much success with it so far.

Alot has to do with if your in man or zone D. Man defense your pretty good, caught in bad zone d its a problem. I have just started making a person cover the back 1 on 1 if im in zone so I dont have to watch for the screen all game.

I will say though, when I do get beat by the screen, it pisses me off more than any other play for some reason. Maybe bc a couple Maddens ago, it was damn near impossible to stop and everyone ran it all the time on head to head match ups.

Its still a favorite early in the game in ranked matches.

It's just me but I don't even use that play because I never feel right using it. It was a fun game just burned me that a touchdown came from it. It's all good - just one of those play I feel is not designed properly for either offense or defense

i may use it once or twice.. usually to keep the defense guessing.. i dont think ive scored on it yet though. hell i dont even think ive gotten a damn first down off it.

Archived