Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do the Packers do it?

VCDefectors

How do they, the defending superbowl champs, continue to fly under the radar? I've never seen anything like it. Sure, everybody respects what they've accomplished, but at the same time, I don't see the media creating a hype machine either. They just show up week after week, mounting win after win. And all of this to not mention that they are the only remaining undefeated team. I must be missing something here.

Usually "hype machines" are blown out of proportion for teams that "should" produce, and dont... Eagles and Cowboys, for example. The Packers are good, damn good, they dont need mine, yours, or any mediots hype to tell them that. Its more, Packers are on the top of the pedestal, lets hype up teams that may have a chance of getting their fingers on the ledge of their almighty pedestal

How do they, the defending superbowl champs, continue to fly under the radar? I've never seen anything like it. Sure, everybody respects what they've accomplished, but at the same time, I don't see the media creating a hype machine either. They just show up week after week, mounting win after win. And all of this to not mention that they are the only remaining undefeated team. I must be missing something here.

The Patriots were similarly under the radar after their first SB win. I think the Packers can be legitimately dominant in the NFL for several years down the road.

They had more hype last season going into the postseason than they do now as an undefeated team.

I know, it's crazy, isn't it! I get the sense that the fans and media expect the Pack to trip up somewhere along the way. But I don't see it happening. None of the crazy stuff that usually happens to defending Super Bowl champs ever happens to this team. I could actually see them going undefeated all the way.

They don't really have any big names. I mean I guess you could say Rodgers or Matthews but none of them are really super outgoing or drama queens or anything like that.

Then of course there is the small market factor. Even though the Packers have a huge and passionate fanbase, #s wise it just doesn't compare to the larger markets.

It's actually pretty refreshing. It really allows you to appreciate just how great of a team and organization they are because the media isn't slobbering all over them, even though they'd deserve it.

To me, Green Bay is a team you can't NOT like, unless you're a Bears, Lions, or Vikings fan, of course.

QFT Their whole team is full of football players that just like to play football, yet they still like to have fun. Does Rodgers still do that little hop after he throws a TD? That always gets a laugh out of me.

Yeah, and where is the Aaron Rodgers MVP talk that we would be hearing if Brady or Romo sits to pee were doing what he is doing? Rodgers is jut unstoppable at this point. Only weakness of GB is their DBs, but their DBs are still top 10...

Especially when you consider he's...

1st in QBR 125.7

2nd in yards 2,372

1st in yards per attempt 9.93

1st in completion percentage 71.5%

1st in touchdowns 20

QB of the only undefeated team in the NFL. 7-0

all with just 3 interceptions and no lost fumbles.

It is a little bit of everything. They are definitely a small market team, and don't get talked about much somewhat because of it.

Also, people were expecting them to be great, but looked for that other team to challenge them.

Part of it was the lockout, which took the spotlight off of them.

Then you have the Eagles and their FA signings, which pretty much stole the compressed offseason, again taking the spotlight off of them, along with the subsequent Eagles collapse, which made even more headlines.

They don't create headlines. They show up, kick your ass, and roll out. They let their play do the talking, which the media detests. Aaron Rodgers, albeit deservedly, casts a big shadow over the team, which causes some people to believe that he's the ultimate puppetmaster, when that team is loaded talentwise, from 1 to 53, due to years of great drafting.

The Packers are just sick this year. Their championship run last season really turned this team on. Before, they showed signs of weakness here and there. Now, they're simply a juggernaut.

And the thing about Aaron Rodgers .. I honestly feel like he still is evolving as a player. Scary ...

The Packers are going to be in the SB discussion for years to come. It really has been somewhat of a perfect storm for them. They've hit on virtually every pick, round after round. It's amazing

Favre really wasn't kidding when he said that it was the most talented team he'd ever been on.

The Packers are going to be in the SB discussion for years to come. It really has been somewhat of a perfect storm for them. They've hit on virtually every pick, round after round. It's amazing

Justin Harrell, DT from Tennesse, 1st round pick? :-)

They do it with no running game. A franchise QB and a stable of receivers (wide receivers and tight ends). And they have a disruptive and opportunistic defense. It's not dominant... but they still influence the outcome of games one way or another.

It is a little bit of everything. They are definitely a small market team, and don't get talked about much somewhat because of it.

Also, people were expecting them to be great, but looked for that other team to challenge them.

Part of it was the lockout, which took the spotlight off of them.

Then you have the Eagles and their FA signings, which pretty much stole the compressed offseason, again taking the spotlight off of them, along with the subsequent Eagles collapse, which made even more headlines.

They don't create headlines. They show up, kick your ass, and roll out. They let their play do the talking, which the media detests. Aaron Rodgers, albeit deservedly, casts a big shadow over the team, which causes some people to believe that he's the ultimate puppetmaster, when that team is loaded talentwise, from 1 to 53, due to years of great drafting.

All of this. Also, I gotta think that the lack of a top notch rival hurts as well. I mean NE/Brady has Ind/Manning, Pittsburgh and Baltimore and Dallas, Philly and the entire NFCE. The Lions could be that but right now I think people are still hesitant to put them up there. If hype was actually important, a Lions win on Thanksgiving (in a close, exciting game), would probably help GB in the hype department.

Archived