Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who becomes the redskins new "play maker" at WR and RB

Daaskins

Now with moss out and going to miss significant time we need to find our new go to guy.

There is a lot of guys that have the potential to be "that guy" But who will it be.

Nile Paul is starting to show flashes of a complete wr and i feel he deserves the chance.

Terrence Austin has only showed great things when he has been in so I want to see what hes got

Gaffney SUCKS! he drops balls and fumbles balls and should move down the depth chart.

Armstrong is a guy i really love. I see a mini Santana in him love the speed and the character.

Hankerson led our team in preseason in reception yards he must be giving an opportunity.

Out of all these guys we must find a game changer at the wr position. is it possible?

With hightower out for the year who will prevail as our true #1 back.

Torrain is the sexy choice bc of is raw strength but the injury risk scares all of us,

Helu is a great runner with great speed who will be seeing the ball more and more.

Royster was a good back in the pre season and would love to see if he can hang in the regular season.

Who will become our "feature back"

The Skins are in transition. Were they sold on Moss? No. He was the best option. His best years are behind him yet he remains a very solid target. Other than that we are short. Very short.

I think they know the receivers aren't much. I have hope for Hankerson but he's going to take the 3 years it normally takes. Austin looks promising.

The Skins don't have that big time target on the roster and is yet another position of need. I think the receiver speed and size needs to be upgraded pretty quickly.

As for the running backs, I'm not too worried there. Shannahan has shown he can find backs.

I think Shannahan's insistence to find diamonds in the rough is the problem right now. Too much rough on the team, not enough sparkle.

IMO, we didn't have any playmakers at either position to start the year. TH was good but not a playmaker, at least not yet. Our best playmaker on offense has actually been Fred Davis, thus far.

As much as I love Armstrong, he has yet to have that type of game where he could be labeled a playmaker. He can stretch the field and has great down the field speed but none of that matters if he doesn't catch the damn ball. In his presser after the game, Armstrong said he was pissed and I remember thinking "so what?" Don't be pissed after the game, get pissed during the game and attack the ball when it's thrown to you.

Gaffney is a good possession receiver but definitely not a playmaker.

Austin, Paul, and Hankerson are all young and should get plenty of playing time to develop into playmakers but they are not their yet. Unfortunately I don't see playmaker potential in any of them right now but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Stallworth is a stalemate on offense. When he came in the league, he had all the potential but now it seems like he's waiting on something to happen for him.

:helmet:

I think Armstrong needs to be featured more - he is the one really explosive deep threat we have. We need more explosive plays and he can provide them. He and Davis are the two guys who can create big plays in the passing game IMO - Armstrong with his speed and Davis with the matchup problem he presents.

Torrain and Helu can carry the load in the running game though Hightower may be missed for his pass blocking.

Playmakers - is that a new term for below average or total mystery players that you all HOPE will be successful? You don't have any playmakers at those positions. If TE was a primer for winning on that side of he ball you would be fine with Davis - but TEs don't dictate coverage when D'S don't have to respect the run and open deep pass.

Look at the other NFCE teams and you will see what "playmakers " look like at these positions: Austin, Maclin, Nicks, Bradshaw, McCoy and Choice and even Desean and Bryant ( maybe..?). Actual Probowlers and soon to be perennial Pro Bowlers. Fact.

Except it - your drafting in this area has not been good the last 5 years. Unless you want to argue that Hankerson or Helu MIGHT be good someday... but if they were they would already be producing much like Dez is and Cruz for the Gints. But FA will be good for you in the next 2 years I am sure...

Nile Paul is starting to show flashes of a complete wr and i feel he deserves the chance.

****when and what game?*****

Terrence Austin has only showed great things when he has been in so I want to see what hes got

**again, when and what game****

Gaffney SUCKS! he drops balls and fumbles balls and should move down the depth chart.

**how many fumbles and check how many receptions he has****

Armstrong is a guy i really love. I see a mini Santana in him love the speed and the character.

**agree, he is fast***

Hankerson led our team in preseason in reception yards he must be giving an opportunity.

**I am guessing the coaches have a little better handle on his route running than the fans, he also could not hold onto the ball***

Out of all these guys we must find a game changer at the wr position. is it possible?

**not on the roster or not ready this year****

With hightower out for the year who will prevail as our true #1 back.

**we only have three options, Helu, Torain and Royster****

Torrain is the sexy choice bc of is raw strength but the injury risk scares all of us,

**true***

Helu is a great runner with great speed who will be seeing the ball more and more.

**rookie***

Royster was a good back in the pre season and would love to see if he can hang in the regular season.

**he will**

Who will become our "feature back

**by committee***"

above

Sure he can block and catch the ball and run routes but he only has 2 catches all season. I agree he needs to be featured more but I haven't seen enough to really comment on Paul as a receiver

I guess Victor Cruz and Riley Cooper are the next Jerry Rice then .... 2 catches, huh vs. the Panthers... this guys wont even be playing in 3 years probably.

Moss was never a consistent playmaker and neither was Hightower. So anyone that gets the job done right now is good enough in my book. If you were to ask anyone in the country who the Redskins playmakers are they would be asking, Do they have any? They may say Moss or Davis but they will probably will be someone from the defense which has been more consistent. So I wouldn't worry about who is going to step up since neither of them have been unstoppable, now have they? Hightower ran really well at times but was battling injuries and wasn't on the field enough to be the playmaker we hoped he would be. So, like I said anyone will do.

AA is not a playmaker, though he does offer speed that can be a threat if nothing else. Gaffney, well he has been mediocre his entire career and nothing is changing about that. Fred would be the obvious choice but there is no way Defenses don't focus on him now.

If anyone does, it would be Niles Paul. He has the size, speed and confidence of the coaching staff. He is an upgrade over Moss in blocking, maybe that will help us bounce a couple outside. If not him it would be Hankerson further down the road. Unfortunately he will still have to crawl over Gaffney, AA and Austin to continue to get playing time. I like the fact that Beck made it such a point to take blame off Hankerson, maybe a sign that he wants him out there more.

RB will be fine. I think everyone is a little excited to see more Helu, but RT will probably get the bulk of the carries.

I guess Victor Cruz and Riley Cooper are the next Jerry Rice then .... 2 catches, huh vs. the Panthers... this guys wont even be playing in 3 years probably.

It's amazing how the rookies have had 3 throws to them all season and people want to give up on them :(

Shanahan has been easing them in, neither one was a top pick and neither one got much time in preseason to learn the routes. There was no need to rush either one while we were winning games, or at least staying competitive. Now injuries and the drop in performance have changed that.

Will either one be a "playmaker"? It's impossible to say this early on, but it's stupid to write either one off.

Hankerson hasn't shown anything, everytime the ball comes near him something bad happens. All the other receivers have shown more than him.

Hankerson has had one snap in a regular season game and you are able to deduce all this from that one snap?

Dude you have absolutely no clue. You just hope and pray that none of our guys develop into legitimate playmakers. Helu, Hankerson and Paul have too few touches to judge what they will turn out to be, boom or bust. Shanny is not a coach that throws rookies into the fire. He will go with vets 9 times out of ten. Typical know nothing eagles fan.

Archived