Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are Skins fans rooting for Sunday night in Boys - Eagles game? ( excluding hoping for injuries!)

In The Barrel

After numerous run ins with eagles fans a couple weeks ago at fed ex, I can never root for them to beat anyone. Even if its Dallas.

That being said, I hope the cowboys beat them by 30 and put that team out of their misery

This.

Their season, for all intensive purposes, will be over on Sunday if they lose. Then the nuclear meltdown will begin. Jim Johnson's death was the worst thing that could've ever happened to that organization. Instead of a team that played tough defense and knocked you the hell out, they've become a team of showgirls that crave the spotlight and read their own press clippings.

I hope they get destroyed on Sunday.

Is this really a question?????? Even the thought of rooting for the cowpies makes me want to puke.

Apparently it isn't a forgone conclusion that Skins fans root for whomever is playing the Pukes. I saw several YOUNG posters on here that hate the Eagles more - It must be because they never saw the Puke fans during the good days of the mid-90's - only the SB winless ( but good Eagles teams) teams of the 2000's. Sorry older Skins fans - it looks like the hate for the Pukes is dwindling with the younger generations!!! Get on them and remind them of why we all hate them and their bandwagon ( jump on and off again..) , wine drinking, know only the 4 stars names, fake "fans". At least Eagles fans are always passionate about the team win or lose and get football. One of my highschool buddies from PA, who was an in your face Dallas fan during the 90's - now lives in Baltimore and wears Ravens jerseys and "roots" harder for the Ravens. But guess what - who was the first to text me when the Pukes beat the Eagles in that playoff game 2 years back!!

Get on board youngsters - talk to someone over 30 and you might understand - and stop comparing Jersey/South Philly fans with every Philly fan - especially the Central PA types like me. We are more like Steeler fans than those knucklehead gumbahs.

This is one of those games that take place a few times each year that I pretend never happen. There's no way I'm rooting for the cowboys (playoff implications aside), and I just can't root for the eagles without

feeling sick to my stomach. Just the thought of rooting for one of these teams makes me feel dirty. I wont do it, easier to just ignore their presence and go about my day as normal. ;)

I was thinking the same thing. Let the chips fall where they may and I'll look at the ramifications the following week.

It's a nice type of match up since someone is going to get a tough-to-handle loss. It's not like someone is 7-0 so a loss doesn't really change their season. If Philly gets its 5th loss, that's big. If Dallas get its 4th loss, that's also big. Despite the fact that an Eagle win might bring that boogeyman right back to life, the tie-breaker always goes with rooting against Dallas. Given the fact that they beat us and are tied with us, it's really a no-brainer.

So whens the last time there has been this much hype over a game featuring a 3-3 team visiting a 2-4 team?

I'm interested to see how Philly is going to use their corners to match up with the Cowboys weapons. I'd imagine they're going to put Asomugha on Witten. The weakness of that defense is in the middle, and they simply have nobody else that can match up with Witten, I really don't see them having a choice here. I think Nnamdi can probably handle him, but this match up actually potentially brings a couple big advantages to Dallas.

Basically, if Nnamdi is man up on Witten it forces Philly to stay in the nickel.

The only way Philly could keep three linebackers on the field is to go with one saftey, which forces one of DRC or Samuels to drop into coverage in the deep half, whichever side this is would leave that sides flat extremely vulnerable. This is the importance of solid saftey play, something the Eagles seem to have forgotten in the offseason. They miss Mikell.

If Phillys playing nickel an already weak run defense gets weaker. I see it as pick your poison between Murray and Witten.

But on the other side of the ball, Free and Smith are going to be tested bigtime against those Eagles ends. They have Trent Cole back in the line up which is huge, I expect Romo sits to pee to be under some pressure in this game.

*Disclaimer*

I detest the Cowboys

I detest the Giants

The Eagles are the scum of the universe.

That should clear things up. I'm not the "Let the chips fall where they may " type when it comes to NFC East games, I really get into them, therefore I must have a rooting interest.

When the Eagles mollywhopped the Cowboys in '08, I was rooting for the Eagles. This time, I will root for the Cowboys, not because my hate for them has "dwindled," but because I cannot, and WILL not root for Philly, and again, I won't be on the fence either. I am being 100% honest. After the games over, both team buses can go drive themselves off a cliff.

Well, that was ugly.

The only bright spot was the 4 sacks by the oft-schemed, but never duplicated D.Ware.

Congrats Eagles fans. You destroyed us out there last evening. Would be interesting to see if D.Byrant thinks that we lost the game or if the Eagles earned it.

definitely a game i want to throw away from my memory for good.............Cheese and Rice that was ugly......

not just Ware, i also will say this, and yes it was a loss....and a bad loss at that, but DeMarco Murray ran the ball pretty well in his limited chances. i saw some of those bad run into the line and get 0 yards rookie runs....but i also saw some good vision on his part and some broken tackles that got extra yards.......only 8 carries, but 74 yards........

and that #1 rush def got destroyed man........

and last thing, i am not a fan...never have been a fan....of talking coaches, especially coordinators. Fat boy Rob made a fool of this defense with his trash talking.....i know how improved they are, and i will always appreciate him for it, but that trash talking he did that led to the absolute beating the defense took was fitting for people like him that talk out their ass.

Well, that was ugly.

The only bright spot was the 4 sacks by the oft-schemed, but never duplicated D.Ware.

Congrats Eagles fans. You destroyed us out there last evening. Would be interesting to see if D.Byrant thinks that we lost the game or if the Eagles earned it.

Weakest 4 sack game in the history of the NFL. Hell, 2 of the 4 were incredibly borderline, and 1 should have been a half sack.

Weakest 4 sack game in the history of the NFL. Hell, 2 of the 4 were incredibly borderline, and 1 should have been a half sack.

in the history of the NFL.....exaggerate much???? Dude, give it a rest, Ware was absolutely playing his ass off last night, the rest of the team didn't bother to show up, yet he played whistle to whistle..........tell ya what, go ahead and breakdown each and every sack of each and every player in the sack leader board at seasons end....I am sure, only D. Ware has meaningless sacks, right..........man, there are plenty of reason to hate on Dallas and to laugh at them for that matter, but Ware is not one of em. Dude is playing lights out once again and should be a candidate for DPOY.

---------- Post added October-31st-2011 at 09:07 AM ----------

Rob Ryan = my second favorite Cowboy.

he has done a great job coaching this Def up and scheming them to a good run. They are playing as good as they have in a long time. Stat wise and just flat out "being in the games" .......I mean coaching wise, i cant and wont complain. in total they are doing well on defense with players that most people thought would be dead last or near dead last in all categories.......

Now...last night, i am afraid......is more of what this defense is, then what we saw in the first 6 games. So I can see them continuing to dip in all the rankings on defense......I still think they will finish just outside the top 10 in total def 9yards) in the top 10 against the rush and about 18th VS the pass......and just outside the top 10 in scoring........

All that aside, i absolutely cant stand the talking........from trash talking to just talking in general. i hate it......i am a lowley ole high school coach, but if i ever was a NFL Head Coach.........i would never allow my coordinators to talk like that. i just wouldn't let em, no matter who they were and how good they were and their side of the ball was at the time.........i wish Jason Garrett had the balls and the wherewithal to shut him down. Just pull hjis fat ass in and say, STFU otr your fired!!!!

I cant stress enough how much i hate his antics......

just one of the reasons that Marvin Lewis is one of my all time fav def coaches, and coaches period. Love the way he goes about it, from coaching to the media to the respect for the game. I love Marvin Lewis!!!!!

he has done a great job coaching this Def up and scheming them to a good run. They are playing as good as they have in a long time. Stat wise and just flat out "being in the games" .......I mean coaching wise, i cant and wont complain. in total they are doing well on defense with players that most people thought would be dead last or near dead last in all categories.......

Now...last night, i am afraid......is more of what this defense is, then what we saw in the first 6 games. So I can see them continuing to dip in all the rankings on defense......I still think they will finish just outside the top 10 in total def 9yards) in the top 10 against the rush and about 18th VS the pass......and just outside the top 10 in scoring........

All that aside, i absolutely cant stand the talking........from trash talking to just talking in general. i hate it......i am a lowley ole high school coach, but if i ever was a NFL Head Coach.........i would never allow my coordinators to talk like that. i just wouldn't let em, no matter who they were and how good they were and their side of the ball was at the time.........i wish Jason Garrett had the balls and the wherewithal to shut him down. Just pull hjis fat ass in and say, STFU otr your fired!!!!

I cant stress enough how much i hate his antics......

just one of the reasons that Marvin Lewis is one of my all time fav def coaches, and coaches period. Love the way he goes about it, from coaching to the media to the respect for the game. I love Marvin Lewis!!!!!

I don't disagree with you but I love the guy every time he opens his fat mouth he inserts his brothers favorite female part.

Ugliest game I've seen the Cowboys play in years. Simply out manned, out smarted, beat in every aspect of the game.

At least we are on a "Pittsburgh Steelers esque" schedule for a while

That's as about as complete of an buttkicking as I've seen in a long time. I can't say that I'm surprised though. The season is unraveling the way I thought it would. The Cowboys can beat the bottomfeeders and steal an occasional win from a team with a winning record. But, let's face it. They were 6-10 last year and even though they might have made some personnel moves in the right direction, they aren't anywhere near ready to win the big games. They are what they are. And from the looks of the post game press conferences, it looks like the Cowboys weren't al that shocked from the beatdown. I still think they will finish around 6-10.

That's as about as complete of an buttkicking as I've seen in a long time. I can't say that I'm surprised though. The season is unraveling the way I thought it would. The Cowboys can beat the bottomfeeders and steal an occasional win from a team with a winning record. But, let's face it. They were 6-10 last year and even though they might have made some personnel moves in the right direction, they aren't anywhere near ready to win the big games. They are what they are. And from the looks of the post game press conferences, it looks like the Cowboys weren't al that shocked from the beatdown. I still think they will finish around 6-10.

no way. as bad as they looked, and as bad as they really are. They will get to 9 ewins, and they have an outside shot at 10.........the NFCE is a race for 10 wins. I honestly think 10-6 will win the division

This was a flawed team in the beginning of the year, and nothings changed. I don't think anyone truly expected this team to make a playoff run this year, were in rebuilding mode.

But with that said, last night was pathetic. Last night really proved how important Sean Lee is to this defense. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not attempting to use Lee going out as an excuse because we were well on our way to getting demolished before he was injured. But after Lee was out.. the flood gates completely opened. There's a reason this guy never leaves the field when he's healthy. James and Brooking were completely exposed. James has always struggled in coverage, but he looked more lost then usual out there last night. Brooking clearly has nothing left as an NFL player. I get that he's experienced and a leader and all that, but I say cut him ASAP. He simply doesn't have the physical tools to play ILB in this league anymore. The only chance for this team to go .500 or above is fore Bruce Carter to step up in a big way, because every single team is going to attack and expose the middle of the Cowboys coverage exactly how Philly did last night.

On another note, the lack of contain by the defense last night was pathetic. Yeah Vick and McCoy are freak athletes, but that was unexcusable.

no way. as bad as they looked, and as bad as they really are. They will get to 9 ewins, and they have an outside shot at 10.........the NFCE is a race for 10 wins. I honestly think 10-6 will win the division

Sorry, I don't see it going down like that, especially if we lose Sean Lee for an extended period of time. Until the Cowboys can string some wins together and play consistently well in all three phases, I don't see the point in buying into any of the hype.

I think this is possible. The Eagles off a bye (at home too) is tough for anyone. I see the Cowboys winning 8+ games this year. If things go well, they get 10, if not they get 8.

Archived