Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Other than drafting a franchise QB... Where do we go?

HRNY4ZRNY

I believe we will beat the Bills next week and this board is going to sound very different. At this point we are only 1 game back from the Giants so I'm not totally on the ledge yet.

With all the talk of drafting Luck or Barkley got me thinking, what if we don't get a quarterback? What if there isnt one worth taking when we pick?

Hopefully Beck keeps getting better but what would you all do free agency wise? Bring in a veteran to go with Beck?

---------- Post added October-24th-2011 at 08:43 AM ----------

What about going the responsible route and taking OL and sign a true #1 WR like Mike Wallace?

For all the talk of this being a class so deep at QB, surely there will be someone worthy when the Skins pick. Of course, whenever I ask someone why people think this class is so deep, the answer I often get is "Because of Luck!" And......besides him?

And I'm not sure who will be available in free agency, unless you make a blockbuster go for broke trade with the Colts for Peyton Manning, assuming they draft #1 and take Luck.

Other than QB, this team desparately needs a stud WR.

For all the talk of this being a class so deep at QB, surely there will be someone worthy when the Skins pick. Of course, whenever I ask someone why people think this class is so deep, the answer I often get is "Because of Luck!" And......besides him?

I'm not sure how deep this class is outside of Luck.

I really like Tannehill, and if Griffin declares he's another solid QB. I'm not sold on Barkley or Jones, but I like Barkley better at the moment. There are some nice sleeper quarterbacks that can be had later in this class. I think that's where I believe it to be deeper. Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, Kellen Moore... Those types of guys will be able to be had later in the draft.

And I'm not sure who will be available in free agency, unless you make a blockbuster go for broke trade with the Colts for Peyton Manning, assuming they draft #1 and take Luck.

Off the top of my head? Jason Campbell (:ols:), Matt Flynn, Josh Johnson, Kyle Orton...

Other than QB, this team desparately needs a stud WR.

ILB, CB, DL, RG, LG, RT, WR are all pretty significant needs :)

Good, proven QBs RARELY hit FA. It's almost always the case that you either have to surrender draft picks to get a back-up with lots of potential (sometimes you even have to give up draft picks for ones that suck...look at how the Charlie Whitehurst deal blew up in Seattle's face) or you have to make do with either a journeyman or a once-great QB who has lost more than a step.

If we can't get a QB in next year's draft, then we NEED both a play-making WR and a shutdown CB (a new ILB comes after these two). That being said, I don't think there's any chance that we won't be in a position to draft a grade A QB prospect in next year's draft.

Im still keeping my mock the same as it has been the past few weeks.

1st: Best QB available or move up for one of the top 3 QB's

2nd: ILB. This guy will have a chance to learn from one of the best and most proffesional ILB in the league. I dont think you can pass that up.

3rd: Best Interior Oline you can get. Lets face facts. The interior line is just awful. Monty clearly is an upgrade over Rabach but a parking cone was an upgrade. Monty should be a backup C/G for most teams not a starter. We still cant run the ball worth a damn.

Archived