Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Outside QB, our major weakness has got to be CB, i.e DeAngelo Hall!

Tarantula

I watch Hall week in and week out, and all I can see is a diva CB who refuses to tackle, gets burned by the #2 WR, and even when he's able to jump the route he drops the INT. Whatever happened to the D. Hall that demanded to cover the opponent's go to receiver?? The guy can barely cover the 2nd option! I always defended Hall to our rival fans, but the truth of the matter is he is FAR from a shut down corner and simply not worth his price tag. It drives me crazy to see Los in SF outplaying Hall this season, I seriously think we made a horrible mistake making this guy our #1 CB. Los' hands were crappy, but at least he didn't bite on every pump fake and get burned play after play after play!

Another thing that continues to amaze me is Doughty @ FS! This guy clearly has no speed or jumping ability, so why do we even hurt ourselves by putting him back there??? I have much respect for Reed the SS, but the guy is not a FS by any stretch of the imagination.

Other than QB and OL, I really hope we address CB in next year's draft or via free agency.

agreed on why on earth doughty is allowed to play FS, hes downright terrible in coverage and has no speed at all. hes fine in the box, but man is he weak at FS.

it wasnt Dhall getting torched today, it was josh wilson. id agree CB is our weakest spot on defense right now, i fully expect us to bring in another corner next offseason.

but our focus needs to be on offense. all the corners in the world arent gonna help us score more points and not look like a trainwreck on offense.

agreed on why on earth doughty is allowed to play FS, hes downright terrible in coverage and has no speed at all. hes fine in the box, but man is he weak at FS.

it wasnt Dhall getting torched today, it was josh wilson. id agree CB is our weakest spot on defense right now, i fully expect us to bring in another corner next offseason.

but our focus needs to be on offense. all the corners in the world arent gonna help us score more points and not look like a trainwreck on offense.

When I told people that Reed was drafted to play FS they laughed at me. I wish I saved some of these threads. Reed's natural position is FS lol. He was drafted to be Sean's backup. He ended up getting his ass handed to him when Sean got hurt/passed so they stuck LaRon there because he was more athletic than Reed.

When I told people that Reed was drafted to play FS they laughed at me. I wish I saved some of these threads. Reed's natural position is FS lol. He was drafted to be Sean's backup. He ended up getting his ass handed to him when Sean got hurt/passed so they stuck LaRon there because he was more athletic than Reed.

my god im glad i forgot about that. drafting him to play FS is about as smart as bringing adam archuleta back.

I think our Oline is pretty depth and solid so far.. Backups have played well, and our QB isn't sacked very much or pressured.

DB in general. Not even CB really.. We need depth at the FS position, MLB...

Worse thing about this is we are now lacking depth at TE I fear. Cooley won't recover from his bum knee..Our offense is hurting at WR until some of this younger guys step up. Hopefully this week they do

idk why people hate Deangelo Hall he gambles ya and sometimes he gets burned but he makes plays and also he is

A sure tackler ya he doesnt tackle by the book but Deangelo never lets someone go if he gets a shot he is a sure tackler even if his means of tackling arent how you think it should look

But i agree with you about Doughty the dude has to go 100% he is a cancer to this team

You see how much time Cam Newton had in the pocket today?

If your defensive front can't generate pressure, unless you've got Darelle Revis, you're not going to be able to cover any receiver very long. Period.

If the 1st half we were blitzing him a good bit and he didn't have time to do anything. In the 2nd half we stopped blitzing him and I saw the meter hit 4 seconds + on more then a handful of passes

I always said I liked Carlos more than Hall. He may have been frustrating to watch drop every damn easy INT that landed in his hands, but he didn't get burnt like Hall is right now. Also find it funny how he is absolutely killing it in San Fran.

I wish we made a move for AJ Green or Julio Jones. Our wide receivers are literally so laughable. When not one single receiver on your team is even owned in any fantasy league, besides Moss who is now hurt, than that is a awful sign. This year is the year to get our QB and a weapon for him. Now or never Shanny.

I wish we made a move for AJ Green or Julio Jones. Our wide receivers are literally so laughable. When not one single receiver on your team is even owned in any fantasy league, besides Moss who is now hurt, than that is a awful sign.

Yes, because fantasy football is the best means of talent evaluation.

I thought we were supposed to have one of the smartest fanbases in football...

DHall is not the problem, he is by far the best CB on the team. His tackling was arguably the best on defense today.

He had 3 tackles today. As far as him being the best CB on the team, Josh Wilson isn't exactly great either. Hall gives up way too much cushion and damn near always is beaten by the man he's covering. Furthermore, if he was the best CB on the team, why didn't he cover Steve Smith and his damn near 150 yards???

Carolina and Philly are really speedy at WR. It's not just a cliche, it makes a difference. Happens to be Halls weakness. Hell, it's Landry's weakness. It's EVERYBODY'S weakness.

He's playing fine. It's a good thing he was even in position to intercept the ball, he figured how to jump the route. You can't just compare him to Los in SF, it's a completely different scenario, especially considering playing philly/carolina back to back. We wouldn't have thought that was back to back speedy high scoring offenses.

The whole defense got beat today, not just DHall, and if your only complaint is a dropped INT in which he jumped the route nicely and at least deflected a pass...then I dunno. I didn't see him do anything especially stupid today.

I thought we were supposed to have one of the smartest fanbases in football...

When I see a comment like this, I'm forced to glance up at "Join Date". :ols:

Because there's no way you could think that if you'd spent much time around these parts. :)

Not to say that Skins fans are DUMBER than the average NFL fan. We just don't know how to set and handle expectations. I'd say that NFL fans in general, as a group, are equally dumb.

I'm not one for gauging reality from fantasy football, but who people pick is a decent indicator of talent. People pick solely to score points. The fact that we really don't have a receiver worthy of picking speaks volumes. The receivers are subpar... Extrapolated... The QB is subpar and the play calling is subpar. Picking a receiver in fantasy football coincides with each of these other items. I picked up the Packers #3 WR (because of the remaining talent pool) and he puts up far more points than our #1 and #2 combined. When Peyton Manning plays, you can pick his #3 WR and score points consistently. Same for Drew Brees.... So while the post about fantasy football is not well received and the poster didn't go into detail or anything, it's very true. This offense is flat. Cannot score points in A game let alone be consistent enough to choose for a fantasy football team where consistency is key. This is nothing new as well all know this. It's just another piece of evidence pointing to the same answer and happens to connect to that guy since he's into fantasy football.

Archived