Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok people Let's come down, and think rationally.

Skins199021

Thank you Bang! I can always count on you to be the beacon of common sense and rationality

I think you guys can see it either. We have a few good defenders, where is our offensive playmakers? Every year we're the least talented team on offense in our division.

:ols: Don't try to poo-poo it. The Saints defense don't make those plays, they don't win the Super Bowl PERIOD. People might laugh at that Saints defense, but they are stupid. That defense was 2nd in the league with 39 takeaways.

Takeaways don't mean a bad defense isn't a bad defense. Any defense could gamble and get turnovers, but if you give up points, it doesn't matter. You get a stop and your offense gets the ball too.

I think you guys can see it either. We have a few good defenders, where is our offensive playmakers? Every year we're the least talented team on offense in our division.

Wellllll

One of them tore up his knee after running all over the Panthers in the first half and into the 3rd quarter.

Another one was on the bench with a broken hand.

And then there's rookies.

Things take time. We don't have a quarterback yet.

But you are just sick of being patient. Which means you'll continue to ask dumbass questions like that because you absolutely fail to see it, even when pointed directly to it.

~Bang

Ours can't

They almost did.. Hall had his hands on a pick six .. just a litle high. We ripped out a fumble at the goal line, and I actually thought they blew that,, looked to me like Riley (I think?) had just as much claim to the ball as their man, and the refs were very quick to make a call. Orakpo hits any other QB that isn't a gigantic wall of muscle in the back like that time he came unblocked into Newton's blind side in the first quarter, you can bet that's a fumble 95% of the time.

It'd be nice to see some of these balls bounce our way when they're out or popped up.

~Bang

Wellllll

One of them tore up his knee after running all over the Panthers in the first half and into the 3rd quarter.

Things take time.

But you are just sick of being patient. Which means you'll continue to ask dumbass questions like that because you absolutely fail to see it, even when pointed directly to it.

~Bang

Yeah, swearing like a fool really makes your point stand out better. And you keep making all these excuses about injuries as if we were lightning up before guys got hurt.

Yeah, swearing like a fool really makes your point stand out better. And you keep making all these excuses about injuries as if we were lightning up before guys got hurt.

Week 1 was arguably are most complete game. Would you agree?

Since then we've had key guys on offense getting injured each week, today we got the brunt of that. Don't know how you can ignore that. Add that to not having a stud behind center, and you're asking for trouble.

Week 1 was arguably are most complete game. Would you agree?

Since then we've had key guys on offense getting injured each week, today we got the brunt of that. Don't know how you can ignore that. Add that to not having a stud behind center, and you're asking for trouble.

OK, the Giants have been hit even harder than we have. The Cowboys were a mess when we were healthy and they still beat us. And lets be real, we've been relatively healthy up until last week.

Wellllll

Things take time. We don't have a quarterback yet.

~Bang

Do you really believe that Moss and Hightower are legitamate offensive play makers in this league?

Takeaways don't mean a bad defense isn't a bad defense. Any defense could gamble and get turnovers, but if you give up points, it doesn't matter. You get a stop and your offense gets the ball too.
Ours can't

That's what I am saying. We did not get a single turnover the Panthers got three. Both offense moved the ball today, but they got three turnovers. They won the game. Defense is still king.

Do you really believe that Moss and Hightower are legitamate offensive play makers in this league?

They're who we have, and as much as anyone wants to pretend Hightower wasn't doing anything, he was averaging over 5 yards a carry today.

You can't fix it all in a year and a half, and until thoser other pieces are put in place you an play the same game with whichever positions have had to wait while othewrs are being built.

As it is we drafted some wide receivers. Paul is playing, Austin is playing.

We can't expect them to be amazing right out of the chute, because we don't get ten first round picks to grab all the best guys before anyone else does.

we can keep dropping money and draft choice trades on big names, or we can make some decent small trades to get us a guy liek Hightower who can hold down the fort while we're buiding.

~Bang

They're who we have, and as much as anyone wants to pretend Hightower wasn't doing anything, he was averaging over 5 yards a carry today.

You can't fix it all in a year and a half, and until thoser other pieces are put in place you an play the same game with whichever positions have had to wait while othewrs are being built.

As it is we drafted some wide receivers. Paul is playing, Austin is playing.

We can't expect them to be amazing right out of the chute, because we don't get ten first round picks to grab all the best guys before anyone else does.

we can keep dropping money and draft choice trades on big names, or we can make some decent small trades to get us a guy liek Hightower who can hold down the fort while we're buiding.

~Bang

You think Hightower was holding it down?

OK, the Giants have been hit even harder than we have. The Cowboys were a mess when we were healthy and they still beat us. And lets be real, we've been relatively healthy up until last week.

The Giants also are a team that is a lot further along in building than we are, with a very good veteran Super Bowl winning quarterback. The Giants are in fact built, and are now maintaining.

The Cowboys are also much further down the road of building than we are.

You simply can't compare the two.

well, you can.

But no one with any reasonable understanding of these things will.

~Bang

---------- Post added October-24th-2011 at 04:03 AM ----------

You think Hightower was holding it down?

88 yards on 17 carries?

Over five yards a carry?

What else was he supposed to do?

Bust them all for touchdowns?

What was he doing if not giving us the run game we need?

~Bang

The Giants also are a team that is a lot further along in building than we are.

And so are the Cowboys.

You simply can't compare the two.

well, you can.

But no one with any reasonable understanding of these things will.

~Bang

---------- Post added October-24th-2011 at 04:03 AM ----------

88 yards on 17 carries?

Over five yards a carry?

What else was he supposed to do?

Bust them all for touchdowns?

What was he doing if not giving us the run game we need?

~Bang

He was moving those chains before he tore his ACL. I'm talking about all season. Do you think has been holding it down?

He was moving those chains before he tore his ACL. I'm talking about all season. Do you think has been holding it down?

He's been spotty,, but I think that has a lot to do with defenses not respecting the pass early on and daring Rex to throw.. I do note that the play action was working early today because of his running, and Beck hit a few passes. If the QB can give us a legit reason to back up the defense, then Hightower can perform.

I don't think Hightower is the future elite back of the Washington Redskins.. I think he's a hard running back who came at a good price to give us a vet presence in a backfield with rookies and an oft injured Torain.

shame what happened to him today,, because Hightower does run hard. He frinishes well .. he is quick to the corner. If the gap is there, he'll find it.

On a different game note.. not sure why they didn't go for the 49 yard field goal instead of going for it on fourth and 2. It was a tight game at that point, and Gano's been showing the leg.

~Bang

I often have problems with the rationale of the play-calling, but we have to realize that Shanahan inherited a team with very little real talent when he arrived. It takes time to change both the culture and the talent level of a squad. He's done a good job on the culture part thus far, and he's clearly working on the talent dimension. Again, this all takes time. Think back to the roster of two years ago. We had maybe three or four players who could take a starting roster spot on any other team in the league ----> Orakpo, Landry, Carlos, Hall, Cooley, Moss. That's it. Shanahan and Allen have had to get rid of a lot of dead weight so that this team would be able to compete at a consistently high level week in and week out, and for seasons to come. We are still a work in process. I understand that. I accept that. But hey, I will also get angry and get frustrated on Sundays when we lose, and that's because I love this damn team and always will. Passion often affects rational thinking. HTTR!

How about this?

Other than Kerrigan, who is the guy that you look at and say this guy makes me excited about the future?

Orakpo, MacIntosh, Williams, Davis, Landry, Bowen, Josh Wilson, Jenkins, Helu, Paul, and Austin.

I like what each one of them bring, and they're all either young or entering their prime.

Gano is turning into Mr Automatic.. I would have liked to see him kick the 49 yarder instead of going for it.

~Bang

Archived