Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok people Let's come down, and think rationally.

Skins199021

Exactly. He has his opinion and I have mine.

That's not what I meant. Your opinion is certainly yours, and you're entitled to it just as anyone else is.

But, it gets tiring to hear people say, "I'm sick of being patient"... Life, as I'm sure you know, isn't fair. We have suffered for a LONG time, but that's part of our character as a fanbase. That saying doesn't really help much of anything, as the Redskin Gods won't change specifically because you're sick of it, or I'm sick of it, or Bang is sick of it. We have no impact on what happens.

That's all I'm saying here.

The fact is, the people saying they're sick of it aren't going to go anywhere. Redskin fans who take the time to post on this forum regularly, for whatever amount of time they've been here, aren't going to just leave. So it's just an overdramatic line, really. And that's not a slight, I think we've all been guilty of saying overdramatic stuff in our lives, I know I have.

I wouldn't say that. Defense is still king.

Yeah, that Saints defense really scares people, and the Ravens have one SuperBowl win in how many years and haven't been able to get out of the first round the last couple of years?

Clearly, it is better to have both (the Packers and the Steelers), but in today's NFL if you HAD to take a great offense or a great defense, you take the offense.

I doubt that you'd get 7 days off Bang. But I'm still looking for all these differences you talk about.

:ols:

really?

OK,, I'll tell you some.

Today is the first time we've given up anything even close to 30 points this entire season.

This defense is good, and had a bad day.

Last week after giving up a few drives early to one of the BEST offenses in football, they clamp down and gave the team opportunities to win.

They had a bad day topday. It's going to happen, especially when you're down a safety.

(By the by, did you know that these awful panthers have more 20+ yard plays than any other team? Steve Smith beats everyone. EVERYONE. Cam Newton has been setting records. Sometimes you have to give a little credit to the opposition. They got the matchups they wanted and exploited them.)

Our entire roster has changed. There are something like 15 people left that were here 2 years ago.

We've got rookies all over the place. Young players learning to play in the NFL.

We went from one of the oldest teams to one of thec youngest, and you expect there to be no hiccups? No learning curve?

we have not gotten our quarterback yet. This team is not finished being built. But you can only do so much in a short period of time.

So we bide our time with a pair of QBs that will likely not be our starter next year.

People keep mentioning depth, and thjat is true. But depth needs to be developed. Depth guys are not blue-chippers. And cosidering our depth is as young as the rest of the team, it stands to reason that they will be a little less than perfect when they're forced in.

But on the other hand, this is how depth gets seasoned. Playing is the only way.

No matter which team it is, if you put their left tackle out, they're going to take a significant hit. Take out their left guard too and there are nto too many teams out there that will overcome that.

But next year when we have injuries, we've got guys who should be ready to step in.

Ive told you plenty of differences. I've shown you why this team is going to have problems today.

You answer me a question now.

What were your expectations for the season?

No bull****, what did you honestly think the Redskins were capable of coming into the year?

Did you think they could make the playoffs? 10 wins is what it will take. Did you think they could do that?

~Bang

Yeah, that Saints defense really scares people, and the Ravens have one SuperBowl win in how many years and haven't been able to get out of the first round the last couple of years?

Clearly, it is better to have both (the Packers and the Steelers), but in today's NFL if you HAD to take a great offense or a great defense, you take the offense.

The Saints had that offense for years, they didn't win the Super Bowl until the defense got better. What kind of play helped them get to the Super Bowl and what played helped them win the Super Bowl? Yep , interceptions. Two defensive plays.....

I'am too, I usually find that voice of reason with Bang's posts. Not so much today. We're headed in the wrong direction. The defense is terry cloth soft and the offense is bad enough to leave us at 3 wins. Not addressing the offense in 2 years is unacceptable. Onside kicks with 5 minutes left in the game and 3 timeouts is stupid.

When we did the onside kick, please tell me what your were thinking Bang? You do a good job of rationalizing illogical **** here. What did you tell yourself to make that make sense in your head?

I was thinking as soon as we kicked the PAT to get within 10, onside kick.

The Panthers previous 6 possession's had gone FG, Punt, FG, TD, TD and TD. 3 of those scores had come after drives of 7:22, 5:57 and 9:52 respectively. And they'd had a 7:29 scoring drive to open the game. We couldn't stop them for ****. Newton and Smith were red hot. Kicking it back to them with 5 minutes or so to go would of been signing our own death warrant for me.

The only realistic shot at keeping momentum and having any chance to get back into the game was to onside kick it IMHO.

Hail.

In reality, if you have to choose between a great D or O and have a mediocre group on the other side of the ball, you're unlikely to be very good. There are some exceptions, but rules suggest otherwise. You need a good O and a good D.

I'm just sick of being sick..lol...

Under most circumstances, when a new coach hits town anywhere in the NFL, usually the 1st year sucks for them. The following year, you can see flashes of the future, and later on towards the end of the season, you can see if they're actually making the proverbial "turn" in a positive direction.

Yea, we're all pissed because we lost another game that was very winnable, against a team with few wins, and alot of hindsight play-calling by us usually leads to butting heads, and within 2-3 days its all over with and the focus turns to the next opponent.

Hec, I've done more than my share of Kyle and Haslett reaming, and at times I still shake my head and ask 'why god, why?", why do WE always get stuck with players AND coaches who are overpaid and over-hyped, but I soon calm down and realize its gonna make the cake taste that much sweeter when the time does come.

But in the back of my mind, I still wonder if we have the right people in the kitchen, as I watch some players panic when the heat rises...

There'll be as much rational thought on here too if the Skins beat Buffalo next week.....you'll see the "paloff" word thrown around quite freely.

Just like last year when we came into Tennessee banged up and after getting shellacked by the Eagles, we pulled out a win, and some were proclaiming that it was a huge turning point, that it could turn out to be the most significant win for the Skins in ages.........

Then what happened?

Carriker has 5 sacks in six games...not too shabby...me do miss Jenkins but Rocky and Reid are liabilities. Time to see what Perry Riley can do as Rocky misses many gaps. Nice to see more of Austin and Paul in the WR mix but Hank isn't ready for prime time. Beck looked decent and without the drops by Gaff(pun intended) and Davis, Beck's numbers would've been better. We do need a true #1 WR.

The only realistic shot at keeping momentum and having any chance to get back into the game was to onside kick it IMHO.

Had no problem with the onside kick.

Had a big problem with Shanahan brain farting and not calling a timeout immediately after Carolina ran a play. Five minutes left, down by 10, the other guys have the ball......you need to stop the clock pronto, Mike. Which he realized after about a whole minute had elapsed, after Carolina ran another play.

No our players just suck.

We need to stop blaming the coaches and start looking at the quality of our players in comparison to the rest of the league. Our talent on offense is abysmal.

so a lot of people say.

I say prove it to me. I don't believe it. We are drafting these people in high spots where others would draft them. Plenty of them have played roles on other teams.

Had no problem with the onside kick.

Had a big problem with Shanahan brain farting and not calling a timeout immediately after Carolina ran a play. Five minutes left, down by 10, the other guys have the ball......you need to stop the clock pronto, Mike. Which he realized after about a whole minute had elapsed, after Carolina ran another play.

There's been quite a few instances of concern over time management through his tenure that have troubled me from such an experienced HC.

Hail.

:ols:

really?

OK,, I'll tell you some.

Today is the first time we've given up anything even close to 30 points this entire season.

This defense is good, and had a bad day.

Last week after giving up a few drives early to one of the BEST offenses in football, they clamp down and gave the team opportunities to win.

They had a bad day topday. It's going to happen, especially when you're down a safety.

(By the by, did you know that these awful panthers have more 20+ yard plays than any other team? Steve Smith beats everyone. EVERYONE. Cam Newton has been setting records. Sometimes you have to give a little credit to the opposition. They got the matchups they wanted and exploited them.)

Our entire roster has changed. There are something like 15 people left that were here 2 years ago.

We've got rookies all over the place. Young players learning to play in the NFL.

We went from one of the oldest teams to one of thec youngest, and you expect there to be no hiccups? No learning curve?

we have not gotten our quarterback yet. This team is not finished being built. But you can only do so much in a short period of time.

So we bide our time with a pair of QBs that will likely not be our starter next year.

People keep mentioning depth, and thjat is true. But depth needs to be developed. Depth guys are not blue-chippers. And cosidering our depth is as young as the rest of the team, it stands to reason that they will be a little less than perfect when they're forced in.

But on the other hand, this is how depth gets seasoned. Playing is the only way.

No matter which team it is, if you put their left tackle out, they're going to take a significant hit. Take out their left guard too and there are nto too many teams out there that will overcome that.

But next year when we have injuries, we've got guys who should be ready to step in.

Ive told you plenty of differences. I've shown you why this team is going to have problems today.

You answer me a question now.

What were your expectations for the season?

No bull****, what did you honestly think the Redskins were capable of coming into the year?

Did you think they could make the playoffs? 10 wins is what it will take. Did you think they could do that?

~Bang

Just because we've gotten younger doesn't mean success in the future. I'm just not seeing anything to suggest that this team is on its way. I saw a rookie almost break the single game NFL rushing record today. I saw a rookie destroy, what was supposed to be, a very good Redskins defense. Like some have already pointed out, I'm not that upset with the loses, but the way we're losing is no different than it was under Zorn.

As for how many games I thought we'd win. Does it really matters? There's been teams that have made the playoffs that EVERYBODY thought wouldn't win 3 games. NO ONE in this area thought the Bills would be playing as good as they are.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2011 at 10:17 PM ----------

I thought we were, but I wasn't sure.

The Saints had that offense for years, they didn't win the Super Bowl until the defense got better. What kind of play helped them get to the Super Bowl and what played helped them win the Super Bowl? Yep , interceptions. Two defensive plays.....

That was Brees' 3rd year in New Orleans and Peyton's so 2 years w/ the offense. That defense was still one of the worse defenses in the league (25th in yards and 20th in points). Yeah, they made some big plays, but nobody thinks or thought they were a good defensive team.

There's been quite a few instances of concern over time management through his tenure that have troubled me from such an experienced HC.

Hail.

the coach has no faith at all in the team he built. He won't let them attempt hurry up or let the QB ever call his own plays.

Just because we've gotten younger doesn't mean success in the future. I'm just not seeing anything to suggest that this team is on its way. I saw a rookie almost break the single game NFL rushing record today. I saw a rookie destroy, what was supposed to be, a very good Redskins defense. When is it ever gonna be our turn? Like some have already pointed out, I'm not that upset with the loses, but the way we're losing is no different than it was under Zorn.

As for how many games I thought we'd win. Does it really matters? There's been teams that have made the playoffs that EVERYBODY thought wouldn't win 3 games. NO ONE in this area thought the Bills would be playing as good as they are.

Just because we've gotten younger doesn't mean success in the future. I'm just not seeing anything to suggest that this team is on its way. I saw a rookie almost break the single game NFL rushing record today. I saw a rookie destroy, what was supposed to be, a very good Redskins defense. Like some have already pointed out, I'm not that upset with the loses, but the way we're losing is no different than it was under Zorn.

Like I said before.

You say you can't see it.

And I don't doubt that in the slightest.

~Bang

That was Brees' 3rd year in New Orleans and Peyton's so 2 years w/ the offense. That defense was still one of the worse defenses in the league (25th in yards and 20th in points). Yeah, they made some big plays, but nobody thinks or thought they were a good defensive team.

:ols: Don't try to poo-poo it. The Saints defense don't make those plays, they don't win the Super Bowl PERIOD. People might laugh at that Saints defense, but they are stupid. That defense was 2nd in the league with 39 takeaways.

Even though I pin the loss today on the defense, I think a lot of the frustration has to do overall with the offense. You can say that, yeah, we were depleted today, but even when we're at full health, this team struggles to put 20 up. And, as others have said, the dropped balls, the inability to take advantage of some key Carolina penalties....ugh!

Carolina doesn't seem to have many problems scoring so far this year with a rookie QB. And while they are 2-5, they seem to be an exciting team.

I'll always be a fan, but the Redskins are boring as hell.......and have been for some time.

We beat the Cards, Rams and Giants (Combined 5-13.. and thats not fair, Giants have 4 wins)

Lost to Pukes, Eagles, Panthers (Combined 7-12)

So... our opp combined record is 12-25. And we are 3-3.

What does this mean? I dunno... I have no life to add that all up? These guys aren't ready yet... I can see that. When you have the QB options we do, you KNOW that. Not only the QB but several other spots as well... we are heading toward a huge youth movement. That doesn't happen overnight.

Since the Skins last SB, if I counted right, 15 of the 32 teams have not made a Super Bowl and that is the ultimate goal right? Think they are frustrated too? F it... what is another year or so to see what happens?? This isn't 2000.... Like Bang said, 8-8 or 9-7 and I consider this season a success.

*EDIT* Ok.. I am way off... I got like 10 teams on second count since 92 not in a SB... little more dishearting...LOL Probably still wrong...

Even though I pin the loss today on the defense, I think a lot of the frustration has to do overall with the offense. You can say that, yeah, we were depleted today, but even when we're at full health, this team struggles to put 20 up. And, as others have said, the dropped balls, the inability to take advantage of some key Carolina penalties....ugh!

Carolina doesn't seem to have many problems scoring so far this year with a rookie QB. And while they are 2-5, they seem to be an exciting team.

I'll always be a fan, but the Redskins are boring as hell.......and have been for some time.

Carolina is far more talented than their record indicates. The problem this whole season is that their defense and special teams haven't been able to stop everyone. The offense ranks 5 in the league, largely because John Fox spent so much time building that offensive line. There's what, 2, maybe 3 All-Pro guys on that line? Watch a Panthers game sometime; Cam regularly has all friggin' day to throw. And when he doesn't, he uses his legs to make it happen. Not to mention the Panthers put a lot into rebuilding their offense by signing Shockey and Nanee, trading for Olsen, making sure Steve Smith was happy, and their developmental guy LaFells is coming into his own, resigning DeAngelo Williams, Stweart's coming on...

The Packers, are far better team than we can even hope to be at this point, struggled to contain Cam Newton. You give anybody the kind of time Cam is afforded, and guys, especially guys like Steve Smith, will work their way open.

Archived