Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok people Let's come down, and think rationally.

Skins199021

You don't have to stoop to namecalling. calling you a know-nothing is not calling you a name. It's calling you what you're showing me you are.

You want to sit here and cry that you don't want to be patient.

And you're just tired of it, you see regression!

You don't see anything.

You don't see our top receiver out in the first quarter.

You don't see our leading rusher out in the third.

You don't see our left tackle out

You don't see our left guard out.

You don't see any reason for this "regression" other than to whine and say you're tired of spinning your wheels because this is just like Zorn.

they have regressed to a team playing a second string center, second string guard, and second string tackle.

But it's all the same to you. It's just like zorn!

except it's not.

Seroiusly. Either make sense, or wear purple.

There are real things to be discussed without stamping around crying that nothing has changed.

~Bang

Do you even watch the games? We were struggling even when everyone was healthy. We really haven't played a good game since beating the depleted Giants. And you have no idea if we're going in the right direction or not.

Do you even watch the games? We were struggling even when everyone was healthy. We really haven't played a good game since beating the depleted Giants. And you have no idea if we're going in the right direction or not.

Seriously, the fact you keep asking these questions is showing how much you don';t know.

Everyone was healthy up until the first quarter of last week's game vs. the eagles, and we were in first place at 3-1.

two offensive linemen go down, and you don't think that changes anything?

I know you watch the games.

I also know you have no idea what you're looking at.

~Bang

Seriously, the fact you keep asking these questions is showing how much you don';t know.

Everyone was healthy up until the first quarter of last week's game vs. the eagles, and we were in first place at 3-1.

~Bang

If you didn't see that this team was going backwards ever since the 2nd half of the Rams game, that's your problem. Do you honestly believe the game today would have been that much different if Trent Williams would have been playing and Moss and Hightower would not have gotten hurt. We've been getting worse by the week since the first game.

~Bang

Bang, injuries are part of the game. Every team has them. In that same game, the Eagles played w/o out their starting LT, his backup, or their best front 7 defensive player. The teams we had beat had pretty major injuries getting to 3-1 (the Rams are a bad team that we barely beat that had pretty major injuries proir to that game.).

If the Rams would have been equally healthy to us, would we have won the game? Who knows.

At the beginning of the season, if you told me the worse team in the league would go all year w/o an injury, I'd be willing to bet they'd be a playoff team every year, but the fact of the matter is that it doesn't happen very often.

I don't know how anybody can say they see progress in this team. It is still missing the most crucial elements to winning in the NFL- offensive player that can make big plays. Until you have those guys in place, you don't have anything.

If you didn't see that this team was going backwards ever since the 2nd half of the Rams game, that's your problem. Do you honestly believe the game today would have been that much different if Trent Williams would have been playing and Moss and Hightower would not have gotten hurt. We've been getting worse by the week since the first game.

Uh.. yes. I do.

I think that if our starting offensive line was intact, and we did not lose our number one wide receiver in the first quarter and we did not lose a guy who had nearfly 100 yards rushing in the first half.. then yes, the outcome could very easily have been different.

You expect miracles out of an offense that when healthy was only ever going to be mediocre at best.

Anyway, you never answered my question.

You're sick of being patient.

what are you options?

You going to keep crying that you're tired of being patient, or do something about it and put on your purple hat and clear your fairweather ass out of here?

~Bang

Since last year, this team (actually....contrary to popular belief) has only improved in one or two spots this year. Still no depth, no playmakers, and no quarterback worth keeping for the future.

No one knows if this team is headed in the right direction or not. That's apparent now. My gut says this is a revolving door situation yet again-----a ton of turnover with no real playmakers/talent worth building around. Why is this any different than Snyder's first, second, fifth, tenth,etc year here?

New names on the team and in the FO, same result. On to the Caps. No more time invested for me this year on this **** franchise. I said in the offseason I'd give it five or six games to evaluate. I have all the data now. Enjoy the *****-fest the rest of the year boys and girls.

How do you know we have no playmakers on the offensive side of the ball when we don't have a good QB on the roster to get them the ball?

Davis is certainly a playmaker. He's proved that. But how do you know what we really have in Austin, Hankerson and Paul for example without being able to utilize them fully in the passing game; which we're hindered on with the lack of a QB.

And we're finding playmakers on the D as we go. Kerrigan's shown he has that knack, to add to Orakpo and Hall.

But hey, none of the above really matters with your last two lines there. If you can flippantly ditch us so quickly for another team that's further along in it's rebuild, then you weren't much of a Redskins fan to start with.

Hail.

Uh.. yes. I do.

I think that if our starting offensive line was intact, and we did not lose our number one wide receiver in the first quarter and we did not lose a guy who had nearfly 100 yards rushing in the first half.. then yes, the outcome could very easily have been different.

You expect miracles out of an offense that when healthy was only ever going to be mediocre at best.

Anyway, you never answered my question.

You're sick of being patient.

what are you options?

You going to keep crying that you're tired of being patient, or do something about it and put on your purple hat and clear your fairweather ass out of here?

~Bang

Fairweather? Are you kidding me? Because I don't have blind faith, you call me fairweather? This team is regressing with or without injuries. Honestly, I don't see them as no better than when Zorn was here.

Fairweather? Are you kidding me? Because I don't have blind faith, you call me fairweather?

I think what Bang was trying to say is that there is literally NOTHING we can do accept move on. That's the only option you have. Move on, or deal with futility for awhile longer. We have no control. People say things about being sick of being patient here every single day and there is literally not a thing any of us are in position to do.

The only thing we as fans can do is discuss it on a forum to make ourselves feel better.

We obviously spent this offseason working on the defensive side of the ball.

No one should have been fooled that we'd have anything close to a high powered offense with this personel, and there simply hasn't been enough time to rebuild everything that needs to be rebuilt.

So some losses are going to suck, some games that we think we should not lose, we will.

the choices as I see it is to try to see the forest for the trees, in that it takes more than 18 months of so to rebuild a team as badly mismanaged as this one.

or scream and kick and show that you had unrealistic expectations.

As I've always said.. 8-8 will make me happy. And it still will. 9-7 and I'm jumping for joy.

~Bang

Fairweather? Are you kidding me? Because I don't have blind faith, you call me fairweather? This team is regressing with or without injuries. Honestly, I don't see them as no better than when Zorn was here.

Hey, that's the usually thing around here. Criticize the team, get your fanhood questioned.

Fan cops everywhere........

Depth on football teams wins games. This is what I was trying to explain to people when everyone was screaming to trade away the whole draft for Luck. The same thing the Redskins have been doing for the past decade before Shanahan showed up. Trading away picks for players, and not building a team. We are now building a team and it takes more then 1.3 years to do it. Our lack of depth was exploited today. The younger WR's came in without a lot of experience and I feel like sometimes they were overwhelmed. Like the INT towards Hankerson for instance. The past decade has demolished this team in terms of depth. There are a lot of players that wont be on this roster in 2 years because they are simply not good enough.

Doughty

Barnes

Are just a few names I throw out there. I really feel like we are going in the right direction, and we still have a lot of football to play this year. I really wish I could of heard Hightowers speach at the end of the game because it sounded like a memorable one. I do expect the Redskins to come out next week and look like a more fired up team that is ready to win. One quote Shanahan said today that I respect him for and shows that he's a true leader.

"I have to do better to get this team ready to play"

Point Blank.. He see's it, and acknowledges that if we can't score a TD in the first half of football for the 2nd straight game then we have some issues. No matter who is to blame, we just need to come out an execute better.

Beck missed Armstrong for a easy TD in the 1st quarter

We force a fumble on their goal line, and three different Redskins can't jump on it

Injuries and lack of depth

Starting off slow on offense for the 2nd straight week.

Giving up many 3rd and longs

There was a lot that went wrong today, and we need to correct it to become a good football team. Period.

OK, so maybe fairweather wasn't the best term.

I guess what you mean when you say you're tired of being patient is that you're just going to cry that you don't see any differences, no matter how many of them are pointed out to your face. And that you really aren't tired of it, because you're going to stay.

You'll just ***** for the sake of it, and factor nothing at all into any of your thinking.

Maybe I should have used another word that you're showing yourself to be.

but it'll likely earn me 7 days off.

You can learn here.

Or not.

~Bang

I think what Bang was trying to say is that there is literally NOTHING we can do accept move on. That's the only option you have. Move on, or deal with futility for awhile longer. We have no control. People say things about being sick of being patient here every single day and there is literally not a thing any of us are in position to do.

The only thing we as fans can do is discuss it on a forum to make ourselves feel better.

Yep.

and crying "I'm just tired of being patient!" brings absolutely nothing to the table.

~Bang

Depth on football teams wins games. This is what I was trying to explain to people when everyone was screaming to trade away the whole draft for Luck. .

I agree with you. I will never buy into that nonsense that we should trade away our future for one player. That's insane....

But wouldn't you agree that NFL games are mostly won by the offense today. That talent on the offensive side of the ball is the most important aspect.

Not necessarily.

Defense still wins championships, and if you can't stop anyone, we'd still be complaining.

this whole team needed a ton of work.

You can't do it all in such a short period of time.

~Bang

OK, so maybe fairweather wasn't the best term.

I guess what you mean when you say you're tired of being patient is that you're just going to cry that you don't see any differences, no matter how many of them are pointed out to your face. And that you really aren't tired of it, because you're going to stay.

You'll just ***** for the sake of it, and factor nothing at all into any of your thinking.

Maybe I should have used another word that you're showing yourself to be.

but it'll likely earn me 7 days off.

You can learn here.

Or not.

~Bang

I doubt that you'd get 7 days off Bang. But I'm still looking for all these differences you talk about.

We have a serious depth problem, but I fear our bigger problem is that Haslett and Kyle Shanahan make our players worse than they should be.

No our players just suck.

We need to stop blaming the coaches and start looking at the quality of our players in comparison to the rest of the league. Our talent on offense is abysmal.

I doubt that you'd get 7 days off Bang. But I'm still looking for all these differences you talk about.

I'am too, I usually find that voice of reason with Bang's posts. Not so much today. We're headed in the wrong direction. The defense is terry cloth soft and the offense is bad enough to leave us at 3 wins. Not addressing the offense in 2 years is unacceptable. Onside kicks with 5 minutes left in the game and 3 timeouts is stupid.

When we did the onside kick, please tell me what your were thinking Bang? You do a good job of rationalizing illogical **** here. What did you tell yourself to make that make sense in your head?

Archived