Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok people Let's come down, and think rationally.

Skins199021

Guys... we are 3-3. We will probably win around 3-6 more games depending on how bad/good we do.

But people..... we sucked last year. 6-10, not 10-6 so stop acting like we were good last year and that this season is shaping up to be a disappointment. We have Beck/Grossman as our QB, and now a lot of injuries, going 7-9 or 8-8 would be promising... as it shows improvment.

Also its only the 2nd year in the 3-4..... usually the 3rd year and beyond is when it really starts to click. Our Players still do not all fit the scheme.

Another thing.... our receivers, while not great, aren't horrible. Their lack of productivity is probably do to a **** QB wouldn't you say? Favre and Brady for the most part weren't surrounded with great WRs.

Prospects for the future....

The Defense is not far at all from being very good. We will get Jenkins back next year, and we probably will need to get another Corner, and a DT to split with Coffield. The unit is not far off from being very good, and I believe they could get by with Fletcher for another 2 years.

Offense- Don't need RBs because RBs are never a concern in Shanny's system. We need to get some Guards and tackles and keep Montgomery at C.

We do need a true number 1 receiver.... something we have lacked for a good while

Speaking of something we have lacked for a good while..... a ****ing legit QB

Not to get in a whole.... this is what I would do, but this is what I would do.

Draft Matt Barkley.... he is very good, not Luck, but very good

Resign Landry and Fletcher

let Carriker go, and draft Melvin Ingram in the 2nd.... the dude will be a beast

As far as FAs go.... with this I am not sure who is restricted or has been signed but

Go after: Dwayne Bowe WR, Carl Nicks OG, Cortland Finnegand CB, Paul Soliai NT. Look we are under the cap, and our owner is very rich. We got to use it to our advantage. None of this signing FAs is bad crap. No Signing bad FAs and trading picks for 31 year old Veterans is what made us stupid as hell before

Rounds 3-7: Just Draft O-line/D-line (maybe a ILB somewhere in there but I feel like that could wait until 2013).

Point is, we were not expected to be good this year, hell we were expected to be worse than what we have shown so far. So enough of this, fire shanny, wow we suck again, lets blow the team up crap. Just need some patience, good drafting, and smart FA signings. Something we just did this past offseason. Do it again next offseason and we can be a 8-10 win team. Do it again the following offseason and year 2 of our Franchise QB.... maybe were a 9-12 win team at that point if everything goes right.

Then Just Draft

The degree of separation in the NFL is not that much. Often teams will turn it around with new coaching and some key pieces.

The defense was ligit early on, the offense is what sputtered. There was hope that Beck could change that, and we could win enough to compete.

This was a big game because of the road ahead and the fact we have 7 of 10 games remaining against tough foes. Being able to get to 9 wins by going 5-5 instead of having to go 6-4 the rest of the way is a big difference.

What was troubling about today was the way the defense performed. We definitely don't have the firepower to win a shootout, so if our D falters we are doomed for the bottom of the division for sure.

I'm getting sick and tired of being patient. Other teams have personnel turnovers and find success almost immediately. With the Redskins, it's takes YEARS.

And why would or should we resign the aging Fletcher?

Um, success hasn't been achieved in a long time, and years do not tell the story.

Fletch is still one of the brightest spots on the team; if he has an off game here and there, I wouldn't worry because he leaves it on the field every week.

The ones i'm not liking are Haslett and Kyle; neither can claim to have success, only being in the right place at the right time. That doesn't warrant being a good OC or DC, only coincidence. When Mike mans up and goes after a quality OC and DC, things will get better, because neither have what it takes, and its showing right now...

I'm getting sick and tired of being patient. Other teams have personnel turnovers and find success almost immediately. With the Redskins, it's takes YEARS.

And why would or should we resign the aging Fletcher?

Yeah seriously. Since the 93 season we have what, 3 playoff games and 2 wins? Yeah i think we have been patient to the point we're foaming at the mouth. But we have to still stay patient because we are 4+ years from being regularly competitive. Just the thought of that turns my stomach.

As far as Fletcher, he's still a beast. I see him haveing a few more good years in him.

This week it's going to be nothing but ****ing and moaning. No need or time for rational thought. The mods are going to be putting in overtime all week.

Don't dismiss negativity as irrational thought. It's actually very rational in this situation.

We fall apart like this every year. We have a subpar roster, tons of injuries and no QB.

This year isn't looking good, but I believe Shanahan is doing a lot of good things to rebuild this team for the future.

Wait until we hit 3-5/3-6 and beyond, if it rolls like that. It'll be unbearable.

Hail.

I can see getting angry during the games. I get angry during the games, even when I know in my heart of hearts it is what it is. Anything can happen, but most likely we are not going anywhere this year. We all knew when Shanahan and Allen were hired this thing was going to take a while to get right. We are about 1/2 way there.

The biggest thing we need is a full off-season to pick up needs in free-agency, and another strong draft. Beck will likely be our starter next year, so he needs a full off-season to study with the coaches.

I really sense after today that another purge needs to happen before this team can finally move on from the past.

The defense has played poorly two weeks in a row in my opinion..well the first half of the Eagles game..and most of this Panthers game. The offense obviously needs work. Will be another couple seasons at least. Patience isn't easy after many years of futility but I think things are headed in the right direction. Hail!

3-3... Not 0-6.. Running game looked solid today, but when you turn the ball over 3 times, and the other team doesn't. Then to top it off you're playing against one of the most explosive offenses in the NF and you can't manage touchdowns till you are behind...

It's going to be a long day.

Long season and still a lot of games to be played. If by some crazyness and we end up going on a run here and win 7 out of the next 9, i'll be here to bump these threads lol =)

I think we've been getting beat for so long, guys like You and painkiller have developed some sort of immune system.

I think there's an element of truth in that. I also think age and changing priorities in life play a part. It still hurts to lose, but it doesn't linger nearly as much as it did in my youth and 20's.

I also think a lot to that and what we're witnessing even today on here has to do with looking at the bigger picture. Realising just what a **** storm first Allen and then Shanahan walked into, and just how far they've come in changing the whole gambit in such a short space of time, with still a whole heap of work and change to go; and tempering your expectations there in for this year.

I think too many folk got caught up in the 3-1 start and convinced themselves that we we're better than what we actually are at this moment in time; and now reality's biting, HARD, your seeing the frustrated results in thread after thread. This season was never about winning for me. Just steady progress with individuals and units as a whole as we get younger and build for the future. And I've seen a lot to like going forward that will start coming together when we add the better quality pieces we currently don't hold.

I don't know if it's being immune to it as much as looking at the overall picture, what we're building toward, and expecting little in the W column from the outset that makes the defeats easier to take.

Hail.

People keep saying that. Please tell me how.

Quit crying.

We've got two starting offensivel inemen out and no quarterback.

You expect ****ing miracles.. yes it takes time, and when you factor in "years".. better consider that in only the last 1.5 of the last decade have we had any competence in the front office.

***** and holler, for what?

To prove you don't know anything? I don't wanna be patient! Wah! I expect John Beck and Rex Grossman to make us contenders!

Aren't you the same clown who asked me this morning if I had everwatched football?

Crying like this? Like a know nothing pinhead who has no idea how a football team is rebuilt?

Tell me, oh genius, which of these miracle turnaround teams that you want to compare us to have been as pathetic in the management dept. up until a year and a half ago?

Pick one.

Ten years of idiocy and wasted drafts, and you want it cleaned up overnight.

Without a quarterback.

Honestly.. go buy a ****ing Ravens hat.

~Bang

I think there's an element of truth in that. I also think age and changing priorities in life play a part. It still hurts to lose, but it doesn't linger nearly as much as it did in my youth and 20's.

I also think a lot to that and what we're witnessing even today on here has to do with looking at the bigger picture. Realising just what a **** storm first Allen and then Shanahan walked into, and just how far they've come in changing the whole gambit in such a short space of time, with still a whole heap of work and change to go; and tempering your expectations there in for this year.

I think too many folk got caught up in the 3-1 start and convinced themselves that we we're better than what we actually are at this moment in time; and now reality's biting, HARD, your seeing the frustrated results in thread after thread. This season was never about winning for me. Just steady progress with individuals and units as a whole as we get younger and build for the future. And I've seen a lot to like going forward that will start coming together when we add the better quality pieces we currently don't hold.

I don't know if it's being immune to it as much as looking at the overall picture, what we're building toward, and expecting little in the W column from the outset that makes the defeats easier to take.

Hail.

You've might have read other posters say this and I agree, the problem is that we're regressing again. We're losing the same way we've been losing for years. We struggle against teams that virtually everybody beats easily. The Rams are horrible, look at how easily the Cowboys beat them. Against us, they were in the game until the end.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2011 at 09:04 PM ----------

Quit crying.

We've got two starting offensivel inemen out and no quarterback.

You expect ****ing miracles.. yes it takes time, and when you factor in "years".. better consider that in only the last 1.5 of the last decade have we had any competence in the front office.

***** and holler, for what?

To prove you don't know anything? I don't wanna be patient! Wah! I expect John Beck and Rex Grossman to make us contenders!

Aren't you the same clown who asked me this morning if I had everwatched football?

Crying like this? Like a know nothing pinhead who has no idea how a football team is rebuilt?

Tell me, oh genius, which of these miracle turnaround teams that you want to compare us to have been as pathetic in the management dept. up until a year and a half ago?

Pick one.

Ten years of idiocy and wasted drafts, and you want it cleaned up overnight.

Without a quarterback.

Honestly.. go buy a ****ing Ravens hat.

~Bang

I'm not gone stoop to childish namecalling, say what you want Bang, but this team is regressing the same way they did under Zorn.

Since last year, this team (actually....contrary to popular belief) has only improved in one or two spots this year. Still no depth, no playmakers, and no quarterback worth keeping for the future.

No one knows if this team is headed in the right direction or not. That's apparent now. My gut says this is a revolving door situation yet again-----a ton of turnover with no real playmakers/talent worth building around. Why is this any different than Snyder's first, second, fifth, tenth,etc year here?

New names on the team and in the FO, same result. On to the Caps. No more time invested for me this year on this **** franchise. I said in the offseason I'd give it five or six games to evaluate. I have all the data now. Enjoy the *****-fest the rest of the year boys and girls.

You've might have read other posters say this and I agree, the problem is that we're regressing again. We're losing the same way we've been losing for years. We struggle against teams that virtually everybody beats easily. The Rams are horrible, look at how easily the Cowboys beat them. Against us, they were in the game until the end.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2011 at 09:04 PM ----------

I'm not gone stoop to childish namecalling, say what you want Bang, but this team is regressing the same way they did under Zorn.

You don't have to stoop to namecalling. calling you a know-nothing is not calling you a name. It's calling you what you're showing me you are.

You want to sit here and cry that you don't want to be patient.

And you're just tired of it, you see regression!

You don't see anything.

You don't see our top receiver out in the first quarter.

You don't see our leading rusher out in the third.

You don't see our left tackle out

You don't see our left guard out.

You don't see any reason for this "regression" other than to whine and say you're tired of spinning your wheels because this is just like Zorn.

they have regressed to a team playing a second string center, second string guard, second string tackle, second string (rookie) wide receiver, second string running back.

But it's all the same to you. It's just like zorn!

except it's not.

Seroiusly. Either make sense, or wear purple.

There are real things to be discussed without stamping around crying that nothing has changed.

~Bang

Thank you for being a little more rational. I'm as upset as anyone - we seem to pile up some early wins and get everyone thinking this is our year every year, only to sputter through the middle of the season. This is going to be a tough year to swallow if we continue struggling because I really don't think we have that easy of a schedule remaining.

One thing that I am excited about on offense is Niles Paul. He is a dominant run-blocker out there with great size/speed for a receiver and today he showed he can make an impact catching the ball as well - 2 catches, 2 first downs, one of which was a great catch. I'm looking forward to his continued development and I think by the end of the season he is going to be a player we are all very excited about. He may be that big #1 we've been waiting for...

Archived