Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Amazingly Sexy Adventures of Dr. Michelle Bachmann, J.D.

@DCGoldPants

More crazy from our favorite gal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/07/michele-bachmann-end-times_n_4060063.html

Michele Bachmann: Obama 'Funding' Terrorists Is Proof That We're Living In The End Times

Usually this stuff is just funny but people like this truly scare me. I don't mean any people who believe in the rapture, etc. I mean people who hold public office, believe in it, and base policy decisions around it. Frightening.

She is not even close to the only one in Congress who believes this.  She is one of the only ones willing to talk about it publicly. 

The rank bigotry displayed in this thread tells me that there is a whole lotta cognitive dissonance going on in this thread:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/365985-the-official-es-redskins-name-change-thread-all-things-related-to-changing-the-teams-name-go-here/

It isn't bigotry if I say that lawmakers should not be basing their policy decisions on their religious beliefs, especially when it comes to "end of the world" beliefs...and super especially when it comes to people who might believe that what they do in office can affect the outcome of the end of times.

Or are you defining "bigotry" as "anything I don't like hearing about something I might possibly believe in too"?

Red meat to her anti-Obama Dispensationalist faithful.

BTW, it's not bigotry to say that Dispensationalism is to theology what McDonald's cheese burgers are to health food!

I'm a covenant theology proponent, but even I think that's harsh.

demographics?.....you mean all the Yankees moving to the South?

I know you ain't talking about the Hispanics moderating the crazy  :P

jesus_tortilla.jpg

Technically a Yankee who's moving to TX, that's me.

Back to Michele.

Michele Bachmann is waxing crazy again. I almost wish the rapture would happen and take the faithfully enraptured up to heaven and leave the rest of us to enjoy one thousand years of peace.

It isn't bigotry if I say that lawmakers should not be basing their policy decisions on their religious beliefs, especially when it comes to "end of the world" beliefs...and super especially when it comes to people who might believe that what they do in office can affect the outcome of the end of times.

Or are you defining "bigotry" as "anything I don't like hearing about something I might possibly believe in too"?

if that's what makes up who you are how can you not? You would make them based on what you feel most strongly about.

I'm a covenant theology proponent, but even I think that's harsh.

Not from where I sit, between Dispensationalism and the Prosperity Gospel I can't decide which one is more destructive, lazy and repugnant.

The Prosperity Gospel is a self centered and materialistic theology that treats God like Santa or a way to gain a better return on investment. Whereas Dispensationalism has blended into American nationalism and American exceptionalism and is even affecting the national and foreign policy.

Am I harsh?

I don't think I was harsh enough.

*side bar over*

Not from where I sit, between Dispensationalism and the Prosperity Gospel I can't decide which one is more destructive, lazy and repugnant.

The Prosperity Gospel is a self centered and materialistic theology that treats God like Santa or a way to gsin a better return on investment. Whereas Dispensationalism has blended into American nationalism and American exceptionalism and is even affecting the national and foreign policy.

Am I harsh?

I don't think I was harsh enough.

*side bar over*

No comparison between the two. One is not even Christianity at all and is heresy. The other is a theological system that many loving and Gospel-centered Christians that are deeply involved in missions adhere to. You disagree with it, we get it. So do I. Have a blessed day.

She is not even close to the only one in Congress who believes this.  She is one of the only ones willing to talk about it publicly. 

What more fertile bed for crazy than politics and religion?  :P

Being a Redskins fan, maybe.  :(

BEAT DALLAS!! B)

(I usually bounce right back up)

• 4 months later...

In a Monday interview with Family Research Council President Tony Perkins, Bachmann chastised American Jewish organizations for backing off stronger sanctions against Iran over its nuclear weapons program. Right Wing Watch picked up on the congresswoman's comments Tuesday.

"The Jewish community gave him their votes, their support, their financial support and as recently as last week, 48 Jewish donors who are big contributors to the president wrote a letter to the Democrat senators in the U.S. Senate to tell them to not advance sanctions against Iran," Bachmann told Perkins.

The American Israel Public Affairs Committee, a pro-Israel lobby, changed course earlier this month and came out against a Senate vote on additional Iran sanctions.

"This is clearly against Israel’s best interest. What has been shocking has been seeing and observing Jewish organizations who it appears have made it their priority to support the political priority and the political ambitions of the President over the best interests of Israel," Bachmann added. "So in some respects, they sold out Israel."

Seventy percent of Jewish American voters picked President Barack Obama when he ran for reelection in 2012. J Street, a pro-peace lobbying group that supports a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, commissioned a poll that year which found that just 10 percent of Jewish American voters identified Israel as one of their top two voting issue priorities. 
U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) has very strong feelings about Israel, and she's disappointed that American Jews don't have the same feelings she does.

In a Monday interview with Family Research Council President Tony Perkins, Bachmann chastised American Jewish organizations for backing off stronger sanctions against Iran over its nuclear weapons program. Right Wing Watch picked up on the congresswoman's comments Tuesday.

"The Jewish community gave him their votes, their support, their financial support and as recently as last week, 48 Jewish donors who are big contributors to the president wrote a letter to the Democrat senators in the U.S. Senate to tell them to not advance sanctions against Iran," Bachmann told Perkins.

The American Israel Public Affairs Committee, a pro-Israel lobby, changed course earlier this month and came out against a Senate vote on additional Iran sanctions.

"This is clearly against Israel’s best interest. What has been shocking has been seeing and observing Jewish organizations who it appears have made it their priority to support the political priority and the political ambitions of the President over the best interests of Israel," Bachmann added. "So in some respects, they sold out Israel."

Seventy percent of Jewish American voters picked President Barack Obama when he ran for reelection in 2012. J Street, a pro-peace lobbying group that supports a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, commissioned a poll that year which found that just 10 percent of Jewish American voters identified Israel as one of their top two voting issue priorities. 

Orrrrrrr. Maybe American Jews just see through the B.S. folks like her spout on the whole thing. I'm pretty sure I haven't sold anybody out. That's their country and our friend. But that doesn't mean we agree with everything they want to do. I'm Jewish....but American 1st. So, she can kiss off.

Archived