Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Charlotte Observer: Steve Smith vs. DeAngelo Hall sets up fiery confrontation

RedskinsSuperBowl21

:puke:

You laugh but Carlos is hands down a better cover corner than Deangelo Hall. Yes, he had stone hands when he was here, its not even that close dude. Watch the games.

---------- Post added October-22nd-2011 at 03:22 PM ----------

It could even be argued that he is having the best career out of any player picked in the top ten in his draft. Rolle has been good but he was switched to safety because he couldnt cut it as a corner.

I'm sure Carolina's OC wasn't warning Cam about Barnes or Westbrook.

Yes, Hall takes risks, and does get burned at times, causes me to throw my beer and kick my dog, but he is by far the best CB we have right now, and he does have an influence on most qb's; it is rare when a qb comes out and attacks Hall because

{A} he can catch

{B} CR couldn't catch a cold soaking wet in the Anarctic

{C} his risk taking does bait more inexperienced qb's.

I mentioned in another post regarding Hall getting personal fouls for his inability to keep his cool, but barring him being thrown out of a game, I think he will play with a cool head. I hope...

I think you pinpoint the problem with DHall, we all know he can catch. Where the problem lies is when he goes for the catch when he should be batting the ball down. PD's are a more valuable stats in rating cornerbacks than INT's in my opinion

There was no such play. Eagles got into FG range after Vick hit Maclin deep. Hall was in position to INT and just missed it.

My God, our defense (including the secondary) has been a strength this entire season and all anyone can do is complain. This board is extremely annoying. You guys can't just not say something negative can you?

How about "I hope DHall gets himself a pick six like he's done many times before"? Is that too difficult? Is that out of the realm of possibilities in your angry minds?

Nice post and agreed.

Nothing you can do about the "they took 'er jobs!"-ers.

Hopefully he has a big game. He only won a third of our games last year...

I can name one other player on our roster right now who has pretty much beat the cowboys by himself for us Santana Moss and D Hall hop off, i guess you guys are forgetting pre d hall when our turnover ration was anemic..some skins fans are really ridiculous when it comes to players why dont you guys go hate on things that deserve hate like kyle shannahan sucking rex's chub

You laugh but Carlos is hands down a better cover corner than Deangelo Hall. Yes, he had stone hands when he was here, its not even that close dude. Watch the games.

---------- Post added October-22nd-2011 at 03:22 PM ----------

It could even be argued that he is having the best career out of any player picked in the top ten in his draft. Rolle has been good but he was switched to safety because he couldnt cut it as a corner.

It was more of a: "He couldn't pick off **** while he was here" kind of :puke: lol

Carlos Rogers allowed something like 74% of the passes targeted at him to be completed last year.

You do realize alot of it was short underneath stuff as well right? There was also the stat that he allowed less yards per catch than our other corners.

I would be much happier and feel much more secure about our secondary if it was Rogers and Wilson back there rather than Hall and Wilson.

I fear the same. I aremember a play last week where Hall tried to intercept a pass and he was very close, but the receiver caught the ball instead and took it the distance and Hall was left on the ground. All he needed to do was bat the ball down and we are talking about the eagles scoring 7 less pts then they did last week.

Oh yea we lost by 7pts.

P.S. Carlose Rogers was our better cover corner and he has 3 picks and basically shut down Calvin Johnson last week

This may be the single dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.

You flat MADE UP this so called scoring play that you believe Hall gave up last week,

How on earth you did this is beyond me.

I think either you're too much of a drunk to remember the game, or you haven't got the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Those of you who think like this clown and believe that all of a sudden Carlos rogers is Mr Awesome, bear in mind that the cornerbacks who get INTs are the cornerbacks who are THROWN AT. They don't throw at them because they're good.

Last week he "shut down" Calvin Johnson to the tune of 7 receptions / 113 yards.

(FTR i like Rogers, i think he can cover. But I tell you what.. Josh Wilson does it better. And he hits with much more violence and tenacity.)

Now, put your thinking cap on. (If you can't find it, look in your ass. Your head has obviously spent plenty of time up there.)

Right now the leading CB for INTs is the Patriots Kyle Arrington, with 4.

Hey, that' awesome! He's leading the league among cornerbacks!

except his defense is ranked 32nd against the pass, giving up 322 yards per game.

He isn't leading the league because he's making plays, he's leading the league because everyone and their mother are throwing the ball all over the Patriots, and he's managed to stop 4 of them.

Uh oh, says dopey ES regular! THAT LOOKS LIKE A FLUKE TO ME!

Well, last year the leading CB interceptor was Patriot Devin McCourtry. They were 31st vs the pass.

Seeing a trend here?

So far in 2011 the Pats have given up ten TDs thru the air.

The Redskins have given up EIGHT total. 4 rush, 4 pass.

As to DHall, last year Jay Cutler decided to pick on him.

And in so doing put DHall in the Pro Bowl.

Quick quiz!

How many INTs did Darelle Revis, arguably the best CB in the game today, have last year?

before we answer that, here's a fast fact.

Deion Sanders, the Best Cover Corner in History, averaged less than 4 INTs per season.

He only had 3 seasons in his 14 in which he had more than 5, and 7 was his high water mark.

Know why?

because NO ONE THREW AT HIM.

Darrel Green played for 20 seasons, his high for INTs?

FIVE.. he did that 3 times.

He averaged less than 4 picks per season.

I really ought to teach a class for football basics here in this city.

Imagine how much more confidence you'd have if you actually KNEW what the **** you were talking about, rather than having to swallow your shoe so often because yu've stuck your foot so deep in your mouth!

Maybe next summer.

Oh, and for the answer to our trivia question.. How many INTs did Derelle Revis have last year.. the answer is

ZERO.

he did not have a single interception in 13 games.

ES Moron says: Oh man! He sucks! Cut him immediately!

~Bang

I agree what's with the D Hall hate? I'd like to see some of the haters try to stay with someone running a 4.3 40 when the WR knows where they are going and the CB has to react. Of course D Hall is gonna get beat sometimes. And did someone really say they wanted stone hands back? We all know if he were still here in DC he'd have no picks, his resume speaks for itself. Good riddens to a guy that has lost us tons of games while D Hall has been a huge factor in winning at least 2.

I think you pinpoint the problem with DHall, we all know he can catch. Where the problem lies is when he goes for the catch when he should be batting the ball down. PD's are a more valuable stats in rating cornerbacks than INT's in my opinion

I'm not saying CR was the worst CB to ever play for the Skins, i'm just saying he couldn't catch squat.

There were games where he had the ability to change momentum or stop a drive, but couldn't hang on to the ball, and ended up losing the games, although i'm not going to point the finger directly at CR in blame for the losses, but if he'd caught the ball, it would have stopped the other team's drives.

Hall can catch much better than CR, and yes he does take risks which at times do miss, but its not like CR was glue to any receiver on the field; he';s had more than his share of being spun like a top. If he were that good of a single coverage type guy, he'd still be wearing our uniforms.

Besides, Smith would lose CR all day on the field, IMO...

(FTR i like Rogers, i think he can cover. But I tell you what.. Josh Wilson does it better. And he hits with much more violence and tenacity.)

QFT. Josh Wilson was the Ravens' Carlos Rogers, but better and more physical. He would line up in man coverage against the opponent's #1 WR and hold his own very well. I remember seeing him against Andre Johnson and was very impressed he stayed with him as well as he did.

I'm not saying CR was the worst CB to ever play for the Skins, i'm just saying he couldn't catch squat.

There were games where he had the ability to change momentum or stop a drive, but couldn't hang on to the ball, and ended up losing the games, although i'm not going to point the finger directly at CR in blame for the losses, but if he'd caught the ball, it would have stopped the other team's drives.

Hall can catch much better than CR, and yes he does take risks which at times do miss, but its not like CR was glue to any receiver on the field; he';s had more than his share of being spun like a top. If he were that good of a single coverage type guy, he'd still be wearing our uniforms.

Besides, Smith would lose CR all day on the field, IMO...

Honestly, I agree with you. The thing is Carlos Rogers is a big cover corner and Deangelo Hall is supposed to cover speedier receivers. Rogers was very good against Calvin Johnson last weekend for the 49ers and we need Hall to keep up with Smith this weekend

D. Hall is a good corner for us and has drastically changed the turnover ratio since he got here, how quickly people forget the team before hall it was horrible. Josh Wilson is almost 4 years younger has better hands and has done a much better job than carlos. also you need two types of corners a fast one and a physical one. We have that in Wilson and Hall, as well with Carlos and Hall, but Wilson has outperformed Carlos at being the physical corner. Also Barnes had done a good job in the nickle and expect buchannon to do a much better job in dime packages. Our pass coverage has been very impressive this year and for the first 3 games we had Doughty in quite possibly the worst player on our team.

This Thread is too funny. First folks wanted Rogers gone and now he has a few interceptions now that was the wrong move in getting rid of him. D. Hall has made big plays for this team so why would they get rid of him. All corners get burnt..... If they trade Hall and we get someone that sucks you will have a thousands threads stating "why did we get rid of Hall".

ROFL at the posters who interpret this board into it being one person contradicting himself with every thought.

Dude, not everybody wanted Rogers gone and not every person here wanted Hall signed to a big contract either. There are 10's of THOUSANDS of people talking here, just an FYI

Hall has by far the biggest fair weather fan connection i have ever seen any player in the NFL have, ever.

I actually like Hall. I like his passion, i like his controversial **** talking.

I like his overall play, even though sometimes he gets beat.

The guy cares about this team, and he gets carried away with his passion for winning sometimes. Would we rather have another 'Los here that doesnt catch anything, never does anything explosive? A lot of you were calling for his head too.

The fact is CB's and WR's are two of the most aggressive, arrogant players in all of sports. They get physical with each other every single play, and they know that one of them making a mistake could mean the difference in the game.

When Hall runs his mouth, everyone hates him. When Hall has an INT, everyone loves him and believed in him all along. When Hall gets burned, everyone hates him again. It's like the freakin game day thread, and its incredibly annoying.

Believe in him or don't.

Archived