Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last time you knew the Skins were going to win...

SWO-tarious

Back in the day as a kid, I remember looking forward to Sundays and watching the Burgundy and Gold because I knew that we were going to win. The Skins were like the Packers and Patriots today. Nobody could stop our run and our D was tenacious. I miss those days, but I gotta believe that they'll be back around eventually.

What was the last time that you remember getting ready for a game and were certain that we were going to take the other team behind the wood shed?

I don't think I've ever thought that as fan of this team so far in my young life. I've had times where I think we SHOULD beat a team, most of the times we lost. Actually I think I've had more thoughts about how the Redskins will lose a game without a doubt and then they come out with a win.

The last time I knew the Skins were gonna win and they DID? lol...back in 2005 against the 49ers. I didn't expect us to demolish them like we did, but I had zero worries that we'd win that game. The Rams game several weeks ago is a close second.

The last time I knew the Skins were gonna win and they lost?...Last season against the Rams.

Pick any Sunday from our last Lombardi season back in '91.

It wasn't "Are the 'Skins going to win today?"

More "By what margin are the 'Skins going to win today?" Sounds arrogant, but that's just how good and how dominant that team was.

I ache for those days again. It's been WAY too long a wait.

Hail.

I know, man. I miss that feeling. It'll be back, though. The law of averages has got to catch up with us at some point.

I've been a Redskins fan my whole life, though I really didn't start following the Redskins until I was 8, which was the 1999 season.

The last time I knew the Redskins were going to win? September 12th, 1999. The result? Three words: Aikman to Rocket. I was in tears after that game.

Ever since that day, every Redskins game has been 50-50 at best to me.

I think the last time I can pin-point a single game with clarity outside of that '91 season was Coach' first game back of his second go-around in 2004 against the Bucs.

The lift everyone had gotten with Gibbs return was immense and the whole fanbase was at fever pitch to see the ol' master right a well wayward ship and set us on course for greatness again. I just couldn't see how we could come out flat and lose that game.

Hail.

I don't recall ever feeling this way.

Me either. There have been games I thought we were going win, and we got demolished or nickle and dimed to death. Remember when we had NO answer to a bootleg, or the game the rams or giants went with an extra lineman playside and we had no answer)?

There were also games where I thought we would lose and we blow the team out---the SF game mentioned above comes to mind.

Pick any Sunday from our last Lombardi season back in '91.

It wasn't "Are the 'Skins going to win today?"

More "By what margin are the 'Skins going to win today?" Sounds arrogant, but that's just how good and how dominant that team was.

I ache for those days again. It's been WAY too long a wait.

Hail.

I miss those days VERY much! You are right by saying " how much will we win by today". I recall only 1 team talking trash to us all year, deion's falcons in the playoffs . Before they knew it, the heavens opened up and the football gods rained seat cushions upon their heads. Those days WILL be back. We all just need to be a little patient ( shanny's tenure).

Archived