Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Panthers starting Undrafted rookie Byron Bell at RT

hunterx

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/19/otah-ends-up-on-injured-reserve-again/

Their 2008 first round pick Otah is on IR again, putting undrafted rookie Byron Bell in the lineup. I think he's started for them once or twice this year already, but should be great news for our run defense and Kerrigan rushing from the outside.

We won't (or shouldn't) win this game with great offense, it will be won like most of our games, strong defense and a decent running attack. The more rookies they start the better news for us!

This is either going to end one of two ways, Bell will be awful and Kerrigan will dominate and we'll all be happy, or Bell will actually play pretty well and we'll be pissed we missed out on a UDFA RT.

Did anyone else think Otah looked AWFUL before he was drafted. I know a handful of guys in here watch the combine and I'm telling you guys, the dude looked so stiff during OL drills it was uncomfortable watching him go through them. I seriously looked like he couldn't bend certain joints.

Probably won"t make much a difference. The Eagles started at Third string LT last week and we didn't take advantage of it.

The Eagles also have the most elusive QB, probably ever, as their starter. Sure, he takes a lot of sacks as it is, but if he weren't as slippery, he would probably have at least double that number.

The Eagles also have the most elusive QB, probably ever, as their starter. Sure, he takes a lot of sacks as it is, but if he weren't as slippery, he would probably have at least double that number.

And Cam Newton is essentially a bigger, stronger, and perhaps faster version of Vick, so yeah, it will not make a difference.

Probably won"t make much a difference. The Eagles started at Third string LT last week and we didn't take advantage of it.

I was going to post the number of missed holding calls on Rak and Kerrigan, but after it hit 8 at the start of the 2nd quarter I got so mad I had to stop. Kinda hard to take advantage when the guy can grab the back of your jersey while u r about to hit the QB and get away with it.

I still think this defense is poor against the run, which in my opinion is one of the few Carolina strengths. As good as Rak is on the pass rush he really is a liability IMO in the run defense. Over runs a lot of plays trying to get to the edge, and he also struggles to diagnose plays.

McIntosh looked like, well how he looked last year. Week before, I was praising him and last week I thought he was a step slow all game. If Carolina rolls Cam out like the Eagles did for Vick, and if Carolina sticks with the running game then I see another long day for the defense.

Who cares...When the ORAKERRIGAN trains pulls up all havoc and mass pandemonium will take place!!!!

---------- Post added October-20th-2011 at 09:47 AM ----------

He has the most interceptions in the league.

He's a rookie how many did Manning have in his rookie year? Also your statement you make isn't true either! Cam has 9 int's thats one more int than TOM BRADY, and the SAME amount as Rex Grossman. Smh but I guess Brady with 8 ints isn't a better passer than Vick too? smh

Oh yeah by the way Vick has thrown 8 int's as well:silly:

He's a rookie how many did Manning have in his rookie year? Also your statement you make isn't true either! Cam has 9 int's thats one more int than TOM BRADY, and the SAME amount as Rex Grossman. Smh but I guess Brady with 8 ints isn't a better passer than Vick too? smh

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_INTERCEPTIONS&tabSeq=0&season=2011&experience=null&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&qualified=true

Um, yes it is. He has thrown the most INTs in the league so far. No one has any more than him. That's a fact. Vick also has the same number of INTs as Brady, and Brady has more TDs passing. So there goes your argument. How many INTs Manning had as a rookie has no bearing in this argument whatsoever.

Oh, and to really compare stats:

Vick is averaging 7.9 yards per attempt. Cam Newton is averaging 8.1. Vick has thrown more TDs and fewer INTs. Vick has also been sacked less. Do you really want to get into this debate?

I don't care.

We played an entire offensive line full of scrubs last week, and we couldn't pressure Vick (not to mention McCoy ran all over us).

The only offensive line I'm worried about is ours, because it needs improvement.

The Eagles went to 3 step drop backs to compensate for their OL and our rush. Their OL is also much better at run blocking than pass protection. They made some smart adjustments last week.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_INTERCEPTIONS&tabSeq=0&season=2011&experience=null&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&qualified=true

Um, yes it is. He has thrown the most INTs in the league so far. No one has any more than him. That's a fact. Vick also has the same number of INTs as Brady, and Brady has more TDs passing. So there goes your argument. How many INTs Manning had as a rookie has no bearing in this argument whatsoever.

Oh, and to really compare stats:

Vick is averaging 7.9 yards per attempt. Cam Newton is averaging 8.1. Vick has thrown more TDs and fewer INTs. Vick has also been sacked less. Do you really want to get into this debate?

No, no need to debate. One person knows what there talking about the other is well... are you really trying to compare the Philly Offense who had Mcnabb in the Probowl the year before we got him to the Panthers team? the Pats who with Brady missing the year still made the playoffs and had a hell of a record without him.Infact Matt Cassel looked like the next big thing with the Pats in comparison to the Panthers? LOL my point is Cam is a rookie playing with the worst team in football yet look at his numbers! My point is the int's doesn't make any sense to your argument. So what happens if Cam doesn't throw and int this week,but Vick and Brady do? They will all have the same amount of INT's ,and thats my point. Cam is a rookie! FYI he leads the league with WR's dropping the most td's as well. Wonder what his numbers would have been without that stat,but anyway not going to continue in debating this agree to disagree.

dueces

---------- Post added October-20th-2011 at 10:12 AM ----------

You Do know that Rex has thrown 9 int's as well dont you? just saying

No no need to debate. One person knows what there talking about the other is well... are you really trying to compare the Philly Offense who had Mcnabb in the Probowl the year before we got him to the Panthers team? the Pats who with Brady missing the year still made the playoffs and had a hell of a record without him.Infact Matt Cassel looked like the next big thing with the Pats in comparison to the Panthers? LOL my point is Cam is a rookie playing with the worst team in football yet look at his numbers! My point is the int's doesn't make any sense to your argument. So what happens if Cam doesn't throw and int this week,but Vick and Brady do? They will all have the same amount of INT's ,and thats my point. Cam is a rookie! FYI he leads the league with WR's dropping the most td's as well. Wonder what his numbers would have been without that stat,but anyway not going to continue in debating this agree to disagree.

That's funny, you started the rant saying you didn't want to debate and then ended it with saying you didn't want to continue debating.

Let the debate continue!

Archived