Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was the McNabb Trade Pick conditional?

The Hangman- C_Hanburger

Becasue:

1. Palmer is still in his prime (for whatever thats worth)

2. The Raiders were depserate and think they can win the Division (which they can)

3. The Bengals we're not going to give him up for anything short of a first rounder and stuck to their guns.

Because one can play and one can't

I choose to blame it on the fact that Shanahan is bad at letting media types (Schefter) know that he will eventually release a guy anyway even if he doesnt get a trade partner, so teams will lowball us... Not the way to go about things to receive good compensation IMO

Better question - How the hell do the Bengals get potentially 2 first rounders for a guy whos on the couch and we get a late rounder for a borderline (probably not though) HOF'er?

Also, the same Raiders only gave us a years in the future late rounder for Campbell who has a similar career rating to Palmer, except he doesn't make as many big plays, he doesn't throw as many Int's either.

That's just a dumb trade by the Raiders. Palmer can't possibly be ready to jump off his couch and be a great QB coming in at mid season. He wasn't great when he had full time to prepare and the Bengals have been better without him this year.

Better question - How the hell do the Bengals get potentially 2 first rounders for a guy whos on the couch and we get a late rounder for a borderline (probably not though) HOF'er?

The Raiders are an iffy organization that became desperate for a QB right up against the trade deadline, so the Bengals had an unreal amount of leverage there.

Now that McNabb has been benched..what does that do to our draft pick?

Everything I've found just mentions the 2013 6th rounder and being conditional based on performance criteria, but I haven't seen what that performance level is. Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure he didn't reach it.

Its the same Raiders that gave up a first rounded for a 30+ year old Richard Seymour. They have a unique way of doing things to say the least.

I live out in Raider/49ner territory and Seymour is actually playing pretty damn well. Maybe not 1st round value well, but def at a high level where it's not so hard to swallow.

Everything I've found just mentions the 2013 6th rounder and being conditional based on performance criteria, but I haven't seen what that performance level is. Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure he didn't reach it.

That would be my guess as well. I don't think they've listed the condition, but I doubt he reached it.

I choose to blame it on the fact that Shanahan is bad at letting media types (Schefter) know that he will eventually release a guy anyway even if he doesnt get a trade partner, so teams will lowball us... Not the way to go about things to receive good compensation IMO

Helen Keller could see that McNabb and Haynesworth were on the way out here. Youre nuts if you think there was anything that could have been done to salvage their value. Not to mention its been known league wide that McNabb was a product of the Andy Reid system. The same system that that made Kevin Kolb and AJ Feely look like the chosen ones. Dont fool yourself.

Helen Keller could see that McNabb and Haynesworth were on the way out here. Youre nuts if you think there was anything that could have been done to salvage their value. Not to mention its been known league wide that McNabb was a product of the Andy Reid system. The same system that that made Kevin Kolb and AJ Feely look like the chosen ones. Dont fool yourself.

I'd actually be willing to bet that the Eagles would have given us at least a second rounder, possibly a first for Haynesworth, regardless of the circumstances. The Mcnabb drama didn't help at all but if we could have held on to him (not saying that a good idea) then I guarantee that we would have been given a better return from teams like the Colts with Manning down, Raiders with Campbell down, etc... to each their own

Because one can play and one can't

What has Palmer ever proven...ever to prove that? His career isn't even half of what McNabb's was

Becasue:

1. Palmer is still in his prime (for whatever thats worth)

2. The Raiders were depserate and think they can win the Division (which they can)

3. The Bengals we're not going to give him up for anything short of a first rounder and stuck to their guns.

In his prime? I doubt it...he sucked the last few years...way too much to give up for him

Archived