Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tonight's 8pm:Cnn- Great Western Republican Debate

Rdskns2000

I'm as big a political junkie as the next guy, but why the hell does it seem like there's so many freaking debates this go around??

Nothing better to do, I guess. I'll keep on saying, it won't matter.

Romney gets it- he will not be president as he has no support and the die hard right conservative will not vote for him or lift one finger for him.

Cain or someone else gets it, and they will not win as the swing vote will not vote for a right winger.

Despite the fact it looks like Obama should lose in epic Landslide fashion, he will pull out a narrow victory.

Romney gets it- he will not be president as he has no support and the die hard right conservative will not vote for him or lift one finger for him.

Cain or someone else gets it, and they will not win as the swing vote will not vote for a right winger.

Despite the fact it looks like Obama should lose in epic Landslide fashion, he will pull out a narrow victory.

I wouldn't be so sure. Romney would own the independents this go around, and if he picks a conservative (tea party) vp type he'll be fine. Conservatives like to complain alot, but at the end of the day their primary goal is getting Obama out of office. With the exception of a few far righties, many of the major tea party groups so far have expressed exactly that.

People won't make the same mistake twice.

Nothing better to do, I guess. I'll keep on saying, it won't matter.

I disagree. Romney will get the nomination eventually, and when he does, the overwhelming majority of the base will fall in line like they always do.

I do agree that the Romney/Obama race will be very close.

I disagree. Romney will get the nomination eventually, and when he does, the overwhelming majority of the base will fall in line like they always do.

I do agree that the Romney/Obama race will be very close.

It all depends on the state of the economy i think. If it stays like it is or declines, I honestly think it could be a landslide for Romney (the independents will flock to him). If it shows any signs of life it'll be close

Welcome to the club. Neither Obama nor anybody the GOP trots out deserve our votes.

I hear that.

And honestly, I'm taking a different approach to this election. I haven't watched any of the debates. Usually I watch them religiously. But I've been burned so many times by what candidates say, that I'll be doing homework on actual track records, rather than the usual BS promises.

I hear that.

And honestly, I'm taking a different approach to this election. I haven't watched any of the debates. Usually I watch them religiously. But I've been burned so many times by what candidates say, that I'll be doing homework on actual track records, rather than the usual BS promises.

Independents and 3rd party candidates won't win in 2012. But they need more votes to become viable in 2014 and 2016 and 2018.

Unless somebody from a major party really speaks to YOU, I can't imagine voting for them again.

Independents and 3rd party candidates won't win in 2012. But they need more votes to become viable in 2014 and 2016 and 2018.

Unless somebody from a major party really speaks to YOU, I can't imagine voting for them again.

You're in my head, bro, but sadly, I don't think there are nearly enough of "us" out there to make a difference.

the Obama ticket, barring a miraculous comeback in the ecomony, is doomed.

I hear doctrinaire conservatives say this a lot. Is it simply wishful thinking, or is it just because everyone you hang around is also conservative, so you assume that everyone in the nation is as critical of Obama as you are?

It kind of reminds me of that liberal New Yorker (can't remember who it was) who said: "I can't believe George Bush got reelected. I don't know ANYONE who voted for him." :ols:

Archived