Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coefield makes a football play

Burgold

Enough with the sour threads. I think this is a moment that deserves recognition. In the game of football, heck, in the entire NFL, you rarely see pure football plays.

Last Sunday, Barry Coefield delivered. Yes, the Nose Tackle who leads the NFL in deflectons delivered an actual football play in a league that looks less and less like football every year.

You see, with Michael Vick passing, Coefield timed a perfect header to deflect the ball to his mate, Atogwe. The result an interception. Now, why is this such a great play. First, Vick was passing with his hands and not his feet which should be illegal in football. Second, heading the ball to your teammate takes a lot of skill. Third, the refs swallowed their red cards against an Eagles team that was playing dirty all game. Fourth, no matter what kind of football you like to play, Mike Vick's dives and fake injuries for the purpose of trying to draw a penalty ought to be frowned on.

So, in a league where almost everyone cheats and uses their hands to play futbol, Barry Coefield knows what it's about. An honorable, tough player, who gets it.

good ole barry coefield. i'm also a big fan of koery lichtensteiger, hope he comes back strong next year. but the stud of this team is brian orakpoe, absolute animal.

if we wanna beat carolina though, our hopes ride on toerain.

but still, i agree with this thread, and i love the fact that coefield is our nose tackle. lunch-pail style football, i like it.

good ole barry coefield. i'm also a big fan of koery lichtensteiger, hope he comes back strong next year. but the stud of this team is brian orakpoe, absolute animal.

but still, i agree with this thread, and i love the fact that coefield is our nose tackle. lunch-pail style football, i like it.

Not sure if serious...

Hoe hoe hoe, very funny poest.

Lets see Gano bicycle kick a field goal.

~Bang

Funny you mention Gano, when we were at the game down 20-6, it was middle of the 3rd and I said to my friends, I wonder what the play of the game on the big screen will be, probably Gano's 50 yarder. Sure enough no less than 30 seconds later. You know your offense is having a bad day when a field goal is the play of the game.

Thank God Beck ran one in or it would have been cheese only pizza from Papa John's on Monday.

As one who has criticized Gano, I am happy to say I am firmly on board.

He's definitely proven it to me.

His kicks have been beauties this year. Straight and strong.

His kickoffs are beastly,, and even though they moved him up five yards, he's consistently putting it 8+ yards deep. Even if they had not moved him up he'd be hitting the end zone regularly.

Very pleased.

~Bang

His kickoffs are beastly,, and even though they moved him up five yards, he's consistently putting it 8+ yards deep. Even if they had not moved him up he'd be hitting the end zone regularly.

Very pleased.

~Bang

Did someone really just hijack a thread about a defensive standout to praise a Redskins kicker? I've officially seen it all.

Very pleased.

~Bang

Welcome to the club. :cheers: I been trying to tell people that we need to stick with a kicker instead of bringing one in every time they have a hiccup.

Man I wish the game went better on Sunday, Coefield got his first sack, but he probably was too focused about coming back because he didn't hit the "Don't Taze Me Bro" :(

Welcome to the club. :cheers: I been trying to tell people that we need to stick with a kicker instead of bringing one in every time they have a hiccup.

Man I wish the game went better on Sunday, Coefield got his first sack, but he probably was too focused about coming back because he didn't hit the "Don't Taze Me Bro" :(

You have to give kickers a little time...Suisham (I always liked him) is looking good now and Novak is having a hell of a year. Gano I'm completely comfortable with as well (was hoping they would have tried the 56 yarder with him after the delay of game).

Just figure these guys when we give up on them (kind of like Akers) are only 24-26 years old. Kickers last into their late 30's

Archived