Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 minutes left in the game, no timeouts, need a TD, at your own 1. Pick a QB.

ACW

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I went Brady.

Brees is great, but he's shown himself to be not that clutch.

Manning has had some amazing comebacks, but he's also had his failures in big moments.

Rodgers is amazing, but I've only seen him dominate all game, no big last minute comebacks.

Ben is clutch, but he's kinda only clutch. He would be #2 on my list. If Brady weren't so obviously better and equally good under pressure this would be Ben's award. Plus, Ben had a chance to win last years Super Bowl on a clutch drive and blew it. Maybe not fair, but it sticks in my memory.

• 2 weeks later...
Eli outdid Brady and the Pats again with a clutch 2 minute drive. And he did it without Nicks, Bradshaw, or Baas.
Well yeah, if I wanted a QB who would win because the D committed a dumbass PI, then sure :pfft:

Listen, I don't like the Giants either, but let's give Eli a little bit of credit here. He threw some dimes in that last drive (including the TD pass) and played like a champion. Did he get some help from the calls? Of course, but those were obvious penalties made by the Pats and you know it.

Listen, I don't like the Giants either, but let's give Eli a little bit of credit here. He threw some dimes in that last drive (including the TD pass) and played like a champion. Did he get some help from the calls? Of course, but those were obvious penalties made by the Pats and you know it.

Plus if I remember, and I haven't seen a replay this morning so I could be wrong, if there wasn't PI in the endzone the receiver looked like he was in stride to make the catch.

• 3 weeks later...
Manning if he was healthy, followed by Rodgers and Romo sits to pee.

For those who question the Romo sits to pee pick, there is a couple key stats in http://lenwilson.us/perception-is-reality-ask-tony-Romo sits to pee/ you should check out

4th all time QB rating in the 4th quarter, 2nd all time in the 4th quarter of 1 score games.

Annnnndd only ONE playoff win to show for it:ols:.

I picked P. Manning. It was a toss-up tho, because I would also pick Brady. However, I picked Manning because in my mind, he's the best QB on the field (when he's on the field) right now. I say that because when you look at all the other "elite" QBs, when they go down with an injury, their back-ups can still win games. It's about the system they're in more then it is the QB themselves.

But, in Indy, Manning goes down, & they can't BUY a win. He is so involved in what they do on the field, he can read a defense like a children's book & respond accordingly so well, that his absence has been paramount & devastating. That's the guy I want running my 2-minute drill...every time!

:yes:

Got to give Rodgers his props today. I just wish the Giants had taken the ball out of Eli's hands once they got down to the 2. It was crazy to leave that much time on the clock.

And I have to give Eli props today. I haven't watched the Giants in awhile and didn't know Eli had really come into his own at the position. I knew he had some decent stats, but he had some really good throws today that I didn't expect from him.

Lol at me saying Grossman and then when he gets the opportunity yesterday, he fumbles the football and gives the game away

Good Grossman can lead the team back, I've seen it happen. I believe he was QB on that TB drive last year, or maybe that was McNabb. Now that I think of it, it was probably the latter. You talk about meaningless 2 minute drives to remember, it's that TB drive and the Cowboys drive. Redskins ended up losing both games, but those were great drives.

Anyway, the two minute drill club is one that's packed with talent

- Eli

- Rodgers

- Roethlisburger

- Brady

This season, Eli's been responsible for some pretty good 4th quarter drives, but Rodgers is the favorite right now based on yesterday's performance

And I have to give Eli props today. I haven't watched the Giants in awhile and didn't know Eli had really come into his own at the position. I knew he had some decent stats, but he had some really good throws today that I didn't expect from him.

He did what he had to do at the end of the game, I will give him credit for that. But the change in his expressions and body language from when he got off the field after the td + 2pt conversion and after GB drove down the field was simply priceless.

Rodgers, he made it look TOO easy today. The Giants had fought all game to catch up, finally they tie it up with less than a minute and Rodgers takes 3 plays and gets his team in position for a gimme FG.

No question, I'll take Rodgers, the guy is incredible in the clutch.

---------- Post added December-5th-2011 at 10:35 AM ----------

He did what he had to do at the end of the game, I will give him credit for that. But the change in his expressions and body language from when he got off the field after the td + 2pt conversion and after GB drove down the field was simply priceless.

I was laughing at that too. He looked like, "You have got to be kidding me?!"

Rodgers, he made it look TOO easy today. The Giants had fought all game to catch up, finally they tie it up with less than a minute and Rodgers takes 3 plays and gets his team in position for a gimme FG.

No question, I'll take Rodgers, the guy is incredible in the clutch.

---------- Post added December-5th-2011 at 10:35 AM ----------

I was laughing at that too. He looked like, "You have got to be kidding me?!"

Can you blame him? Every single one of these 4 straight losses Eli has been leading drives to take the lead or tie late in the 4th. And with the exception of 1 where he threw a pick I believe, the defense has let him down every time.

Archived