Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2 minutes left in the game, no timeouts, need a TD, at your own 1. Pick a QB.

ACW

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Because Skins fans hate him. And thus wouldn't pick him to be their QB under any circumstance. Unless their only other option was a Cowboys player or perhaps Michael Vick.

I'm not asking to be a jackass, I'm asking because I genuinely don't know. How many 2-minute drill styles drives has Eli had in his career. Guys like Brady, Peyton, Elway, etc are famous for them, so how good is Eli by actual comparison?

I'm not asking to be a jackass, I'm asking because I genuinely don't know. How many 2-minute drill styles drives has Eli had in his career. Guys like Brady, Peyton, Elway, etc are famous for them, so how good is Eli by actual comparison?

I know I've seen the list that compares them and by my memory I thought Eli was up with the other QB's mentioned in the poll(no idea where he stacks up all time with guys like Elway) but a google search only turned up results from like 2006.

I know I've seen the list that compares them and by my memory I thought Eli was up with the other QB's mentioned in the poll(no idea where he stacks up all time with guys like Elway) but a google search only turned up results from like 2006.

Here is one article that references the NFL "clutch" stats:

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/NFL-stat-shows-Texans-QB-Schaub-steps-up-in-clutch-2208523.php

CAN'T SHAKE 'EM

The quarterbacks with the highest passer rating in games decided by eight or fewer points since 2007 (minimum 500 attempts):

Player Comp. Att. Yards TD INT Passer rating

Matt Schaub 737 1,108 9,103 52 22 99.1

Drew Brees 853 1,247 9,306 61 32 95.8

Aaron Rodgers 539 838 6,639 39 18 95.3

Eli Manning 519 835 6,203 46 17 94.7

Philip Rivers 713 1,119 9,016 54 34 92.2

This is from last week. I can't seem to find the original source of this data though. Note that this is a little different than making that final drive though, its more about playing well in close games.

I'd want Romo sits to pee....oh, wait...you mean we've got the ball at our own one? I thought you meant something else....

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 12:13 PM ----------

Because Skins fans hate him. And thus wouldn't pick him to be their QB under any circumstance. Unless their only other option was a Cowboys player or perhaps Michael Vick.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with actually talent and results. It's just a skins fan bias that keeps Eli from being considered and elite QB. <rolls eyes>

Would you seriously take Eli over Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Maning or Drew Brees?

I'd want Romo sits to pee....oh, wait...you mean we've got the ball at our own one? I thought you meant something else....

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 12:13 PM ----------

Yeah, it has nothing to do with actually talent and results. It's just a skins fan bias that keeps Eli from being considered and elite QB. <rolls eyes>

Would you seriously take Eli over Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Maning or Drew Brees?

Over Peyton, Yes.

Over Big Ben? Yes.

Over Brees? Yes.

Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are the only two QBs in a class of their own this year. As much as it pains some skins fans to admit it; Eli routinely shines in the 4th quarter, no huddle, and the 2 minute drill. Peyton wasn't clutch last year IMO. Big Ben and Brees are no better than Eli in the when the game is on the line.

My pick would be Rodgers. The quick release, mobility, feel for the pocket, and accuracy gives him the edge over everyone.

Why isn't Eli Manning on this poll?

Apparently Giants fans can't quite grasp the concept of "Other" in a multiple choice poll.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 11:06 AM ----------

And for the record, Kitna has has more game-winning drives than Eli Manning.

Apparently Giants fans can't quite grasp the concept of "Other" in a multiple choice poll.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 11:06 AM ----------

And for the record, Kitna has has more game-winning drives than Eli Manning.

Got any evidence of that? And define game winning drive. I thought we were talking about being behind or in the clutch. Theoretically you can have a "game winning drive" in the first quarter.

I don't consider Eli a candidate for that. But there is the other option.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 02:09 PM ----------

Overall - Aaron Rodgers
Well, THAT goes w/o saying.

Archived