• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      In today's Divisional Debacle, the Defense under Greg Manusky in the first half, gave up 207 yards of offense (105 rushing/102 passing) and two touchdowns.  That said, they did manage a single INT on which the Offense actually managed to score a touchdown off of. They allowed 12 of 16 passes to be completed . 

In the second half it was 107 yards given up (58 rushing//49 passing) a field goal and a touchdown. They traded their first half pick for a second half sack. However, Dallas completed all five of their pass attempts. 

Don't read that thinking "Well it seems like they tightened up some in the 2nd half."  They didn't. They simply had about half the plays in the second half. 30 plays in the First and 18 in the Second.

So far in two Divisional matchups, the Defense has faltered in the Second half. They start out like a house of fire for the first few drives until their opponents gradually make adjustments. This Defensive coaching staff fails make any adjustments, whether in game or at the very least at Halftime. They've given up over 30 points per game for a total of 63 points given up in two games. While the Bears are up next, the Pats await and they've put up over 70 points in two games. Yeah. Ok. They did shut out the Dolphins today which is looking like the NFL version of ... ahem... shooting fish in a barrel. 

The frustrating thing is Manusky is the DC that the Front Office actively looked to replace during the off season without firing him. When you know they're looking to replace you, most people would make a concentrated effort to show an improvement. Yet Manusky's Defense still keeps acting like it's starring in Groundhog Day.

In his post game presser, when asked directly about if any coaching changes would be made, Gruden said "No, I think after two games – you’re talking about playing two very good offensive football teams and two of the best offensive lines in pro football we just played back-to-back. That’s no excuse whatsoever, but I don’t think we need to hit the panic button yet. We just have to continue to focus on what we can do better to win. Get Jonathan [Allen] in here, get a couple of our corners back in here and let’s go back and strap it up against Chicago [Bears] next week and see what happens.” 

Here's another frustrating thing. The defensive communication was an issue last season as well. Wasn't this supposed to have been worked on during OTA's and Training Camp? It's understandable that the rookies would still be on a learning curve, but NFL vets like Collins and DRC you'd think they would have down by the start of the season. 

Gruden said they're a very talented group on Defense but that they weren't reaching them. When questioned as to why the coaching staff that has been in place for several years, wasn't reaching them, he defended the comment as them being a young defense. “We have some moving parts now. Landon Collins is a veteran guy but this is his first year, [Montez] Sweat’s in his first year, [Cole] Holcomb, it’s his first year, [Jon] Bostic is in his first year. We’re playing Dominique [Rodgers-Cromartie] at corner and this is Jimmy Moreland’s first year, so it’s not like we are the most experienced group. We feel like were very talented, but we`re still fighting through somethings. There are a lot of things to look forward to, without a doubt, but we do have to play better and strap it up and get back to work."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lavarleap56

Week 9 is here advance wed 11:59pm-

So heiden can't catch a break with GB but pulls it out with Miami haha good stuff. Sounds like everyone is getting comfortable with their teams and alot of close games.

Its amazing how much easier this game is when you don't throw 4 pick sixes. I still have a lot of work to do, but there's pieces in place down in Miami. Marshall is a BEAST in this game as well.......

Patriots checking in for week 3, when does it advance to week 4?

11:59 PM tonight, league advances every Sunday and Wednesday at 11:59pm. Owners who have made contact and have not heard back about scheduling post in this thread so I can take care of it tonight so you can play the CPU. I play the Bengals this week and have XBL,ES messaged the owner with no response. In the very beginning I let everyone know if I as the commish can't communicate with you then you won't last long because it probably won't be easy for owners to communicate with you. I should be home no later than 9 this evening to boot the unresponsive owners so some of you can play. I will invite back the owners who this is their first game missed except the bengals if I don't hear from you before 10pm.Buffalo Bills will have missed 2 consecutive I believe so will have to boot you. I hope people don't take this personal because no personal feelings are involved but I have to keep it moving for everyone else.

I'm dealing with a phone issue, Android broke and got stuck with a winmo loaner so takes a little linger to get back to everyone and I apologize.

smh.. and i wanted CJ Spiller

---------- Post added October-19th-2011 at 09:55 PM ----------

question im going to ask the guys in my other leagues if they want to play.. what teams are open as we speak...

Bills,jags,bengals,titans,Seahawks,broncos are still available.. However if you find someone who wants and will play your responsible explaining/ showing them all the rules.I don't want to start explaining from scratch until we begin season 2.

---------- Post added October-20th-2011 at 04:26 AM ----------

Eagles.... Up Next!

Guys look I hate to sound like an ass - but between this league and the other league I have people beating me over the head about updating League Manager. In the thread I posted way in the beginning of the league (which I suggested everyone to read) please do not ask about updating LM. I have it under control. sometimes due to updates and things it is not as fast as I'd like. Just give me time guys

Guys look I hate to sound like an ass - but between this league and the other league I have people beating me over the head about updating League Manager. In the thread I posted way in the beginning of the league (which I suggested everyone to read) please do not ask about updating LM. I have it under control. sometimes due to updates and things it is not as fast as I'd like. Just give me time guys

your good bro, i have been on and off Lm trying to update ( on it now) so everyone relax.

your good bro, i have been on and off Lm trying to update ( on it now) so everyone relax.

Getting it to update is not a problem - right now the one thing that I CAN'T get to update is the god damn statistics

Getting it to update is not a problem - right now the one thing that I CAN'T get to update is the god damn statistics

yeah i cant get those either. LM now shows us in week 4 but stats are not updated.

good no 250 yards rushing on your behalf vs me......... hahaha good game man!

Raiders let me know when you're ready

Tonight, 9'ish?

Please beat him..... lol im tryin to get to first place here :)

Ochocinco_KosherHam-2T.gif

Eagles.... Up Next!

Im good all day today for my beating.

I'll tell you what. Last game I actually scored a lot for the first time. I would almost prefer not scoring to having to hear "Fly Eagles, Fly" that many times. Please don't let me score.

good no 250 yards rushing on your behalf vs me......... hahaha good game man!

that was a heck of a game. DeCoud is a beast...picking the game winner. Some of those interceptions was just because I timed your routes

swagman (or whoever owns the colts) let me know when we can play - dahitstickstnLL - text me two zero one 739 1328 - gotta get the game in saturday

S2thalayer where you at? Just saw your Xbox message after a couple attempts to contact and was waiting on responses via es pm..

---------- Post added October-24th-2011 at 02:17 AM ----------

Getting tired of playing the cpu